Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) / Projected Rejections

22 hours ago, Hermenewtics said:

I'm pretty sure Toronto notifies on one day, so if you didn't get an e-mail earlier this week I'd chalk it up as a rejection. Sorry:(

:(

Edited by LauraVZ

14 minutes ago, Mise said:

Mysterious email from NYU that my result was "posted" March "05" 

Same! I didn't read the "March 05" part and was seriously confused when I logged on to the portal and didn't see any decision posted.. super weird way to reject applicants.. 

1 hour ago, clinamen said:

Same! I didn't read the "March 05" part and was seriously confused when I logged on to the portal and didn't see any decision posted.. super weird way to reject applicants.. 

They can't even say it "will be posted" haha. Truly mysterious. 

On 3/2/2018 at 7:35 AM, clinamen said:

Ahh. Not feeling good about UW at this point. Anyone have any info or want to claim the acceptances? 

11 hours ago, chellyfish_ said:

Eek, acceptances and waitlsits from UWash up on the board, probably time to chalk it up as implied.  I can't be too sulky about it since I've got an acceptance elsewhere, but there was a POI who fit sooooooooo perfectly with me there :( /siighhh

In other news...any other UCSB ghostees think we might hear something today??? (Please sweet baby jesus let us hear something today LOL)

This is a pretty late reply (I haven’t been active in the forums, sorry), but I got accepted to UW’s MA program. Unfortunately I don’t know if they’re done notifying or not, but I’m in the process of deferring my offer, so perhaps that will free up a space for someone this year (?). Good luck!

4 hours ago, LeeLeeCzechIrish said:

Still waiting on Fordham! Wait lists went out a week ago and no acceptances or rejections on board for this year. I am assuming a rejection, but would like closure so I can commit to a program already!!

Are you planning on emailing to find out? I'm also waiting on Fordham and was wondering how soon is too soon to email

For the people hearing back from UCSB, have you reached out first to inquire about admissions status? I'm beginning to think I should since it obviously seems like they have their results figured out, but I'm always so hesitant to buck the natural admissions progress (especially from a notoriously kind admissions dept)

I'm waiting to hear back from four schools (already rejected from three). I'm getting really down today about it (this is my second application cycle). I want to know, one way or the other, but I'm also nervous to email admission offices. Can anyone commiserate?

7 minutes ago, Bookly521 said:

I'm waiting to hear back from four schools (already rejected from three). I'm getting really down today about it (this is my second application cycle). I want to know, one way or the other, but I'm also nervous to email admission offices. Can anyone commiserate?

Have the schools communicated acceptances and waitlists to other people?

4 minutes ago, Warelin said:

Have the schools communicated acceptances and waitlists to other people?

According to the Results search, a couple have sent out waitlists, but that's all I'm seeing. Is it uncouth to email the admission office and ask when notifications will be sent out?

1 hour ago, Bookly521 said:

According to the Results search, a couple have sent out waitlists, but that's all I'm seeing. Is it uncouth to email the admission office and ask when notifications will be sent out?

I think it's fair to e-mail offices if they've sent out waitlists or acceptances. I think most PHD programs have notified some applicants.

17 hours ago, chellyfish_ said:

For the people hearing back from UCSB, have you reached out first to inquire about admissions status? I'm beginning to think I should since it obviously seems like they have their results figured out, but I'm always so hesitant to buck the natural admissions progress (especially from a notoriously kind admissions dept)

I emailed since I was curious! No official rejection letter yet, but the email said I'd be getting one soon.

Uh, just got an email response from University of Oregon (I see someone else on the results page got the exact same one) saying I had been denied admission "to the University of Oregon English department Masters Program for Fall 2017".  Uh....considering the fact that I already have my Master's, I double checked on the site and I applied to the PhD program, and it's already 2018, do I email back clarifying this? :blink: Considering their claim a line further down that they "read each file closely and carefully" I'm just a little bit ??!?!???? Maybe this was a near miss LOL

2 hours ago, chellyfish_ said:

Uh, just got an email response from University of Oregon (I see someone else on the results page got the exact same one) saying I had been denied admission "to the University of Oregon English department Masters Program for Fall 2017".  Uh....considering the fact that I already have my Master's, I double checked on the site and I applied to the PhD program, and it's already 2018, do I email back clarifying this? :blink: Considering their claim a line further down that they "read each file closely and carefully" I'm just a little bit ??!?!???? Maybe this was a near miss LOL

Website hiccup?

28 minutes ago, Warelin said:

Website hiccup?

Not sure! It was obviously a form so apparently they copied it over mistakenly. Still seems like a large mistake to make, but they sent a (very brief) correction :rolleyes:

Have some Fordham info. I emailed DGS a week and a half ago. He said decisions would be sent out end of the following week bc AdCom has decided but needed (which is now last week). When Friday arrived, I reached out to GSAS and GSAS Director of admissions. They said they were finalizing decisions. They both sent me a boilerplate response about how decisions normally come at 6 to 8 weeks after the deadline.  I think I’ve officially used up all my goodwill, so I won’t be asking anymore questions until I hear from them, but if anyone else wants to shed light, I’ll be lurking…

When do we think is the time to start emailing programs? I'm still waiting to hear back from 4 schools and there seems to be no end in sight considering I applied to one of these programs on December 1 :wacko:

15 hours ago, themoderncondition said:

Have some Fordham info. I emailed DGS a week and a half ago. He said decisions would be sent out end of the following week bc AdCom has decided but needed (which is now last week). When Friday arrived, I reached out to GSAS and GSAS Director of admissions. They said they were finalizing decisions. They both sent me a boilerplate response about how decisions normally come at 6 to 8 weeks after the deadline.  I think I’ve officially used up all my goodwill, so I won’t be asking anymore questions until I hear from them, but if anyone else wants to shed light, I’ll be lurking…

What do you think about the two waitlists on the results board? Interesting...

Ugh, there's that UCSB rejection.  That program and my interests are such an excellent fit that it's like a gut punch to the heart (and I keep thinking about all the steps I could have taken to up my chances, reach out more beforehand etc).  I got waitlisted last year and I think my app was objectively stronger this year too :( 

Welp, grateful for one acceptance at least -- guess it's inland and away from the coast for me //sweats