SSHRC Doctoral 2018-2019

Adelaide9216

2 hours ago, Almond said:

Just found out I won a bombardier! Here at the U of A !

2 hours ago, kenzitronic said:

Hey U of A folks, I just got an email from FGSR that I was successful for CGS-D (*extended sigh of relief*) so hopefully lots of other folks getting good news this morning! Anyone else?

Congrats fellow U of A students! I also heard back this morning, won a Bombardier! Well worth the wait :) 

Just now, TBay said:

I am losing my shit!  I won a CGS-D !!!!!  I can not believe it!! 

Congrats!!

57 minutes ago, Almond said:

Hey congrats!!! Mine stated CGS-D too. Is that the 35,000 per year one?

I got the Bombardier from U of A and this is what it stated in the email:

"The Tri-Agency recently released SSHRC Doctoral results to the University. You are receiving this email because you have been offered a Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarship - Doctoral Program (CGS-D) - congratulations!"

5 minutes ago, displaynamesarehard said:

Well fellow Western people. The tri-council scholarship coordinator is about to give a talk so I don’t think we’re going to be hearing today unless she sends out emails or updates the student centre right after.

Thanks for the tip! I was about to wander over to the graduate student affairs building to bug someone. Why!?! ?

So apparently I did send it in the wrong way, but it was bounced back to my school and submitted correctly. My program coordinator just confirmed it was adjudicated at the school level as she was part of the committee.

Also, on the SSHRC website it says all applications are ranked as A level and B level, A level being recommended for funding, and from there it goes to National competition. It says applicants will be notified at this stage, I didn’t hear anything about being A or B level or is it something you find out when you get your SSHRC results? This is my first application so I am very confused.

Edited by IndgStudies1234

39 minutes ago, IndgStudies1234 said:

So apparently I did send it in the wrong way, but it was bounced back to my school and submitted correctly. My program coordinator just confirmed it was adjudicated at the school level as she was part of the committee.

Also, on the SSHRC website it says all applications are ranked as A level and B level, A level being recommended for funding, and from there it goes to National competition. It says applicants will be notified at this stage, I didn’t hear anything about being A or B level or is it something you find out when you get your SSHRC results? This is my first application so I am very confused.

I got an email from my university around January 8th letting me know I was recommanded by my university. 

Now I haven't heard anything from them... I guess it's bad sign.

17 minutes ago, Interesting said:

Direct applicants with a Canadian address, can someone tell the rest of us if (s)he has received anything in the mail?

I haven't gotten anything and I live in Ottawa so I would assume I would be among the first to hear.

Sucks I can't just walk to the SSHRC office and ask. It's literally 5min from my apartment...

Edited by DefeatistElitist

2 minutes ago, Koukou85 said:

Hello everyone! Congrats to all those who got SSHRC and CGS awards. 

Curious to know if anyone from McGill heard anything? 

I'm at McGill and haven't heard anything yet. 

Not sure if that means I was unsuccessful, or if GPS just hasn't sent out emails yet. 

11 minutes ago, Koukou85 said:

Hello everyone! Congrats to all those who got SSHRC and CGS awards. 

Curious to know if anyone from McGill heard anything? 

6 minutes ago, Koukou85 said:

I have not heard anything either and I don't know either! 

Hang in there! 

Also at McGill and haven’t heard anything! Relieved to hear you both haven’t either. Hopefully tomorrow!

10 minutes ago, theorylady said:

Also at McGill and haven’t heard anything! Relieved to hear you both haven’t either. Hopefully tomorrow!

19 minutes ago, Koukou85 said:

I have not heard anything either and I don't know either! 

Hang in there! 

Nice to know we're all in the same boat, I'll be sure to post if I hear anything. Best of luck to both of you! 

18 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

Thank you! ? I wonder why Western in particular was delayed. 

I think the other grad finance/scholarship person was away this week so I’m guessing Paula had some extra work... especially with the whole OGS delay. Oh well, at least we know that we’ll know in under 24 hours! Fingers crossed!

2 hours ago, ^PhD^ said:

I got an email from my university around January 8th letting me know I was recommanded by my university. 

Now I haven't heard anything from them... I guess it's bad sign.

I did receive an email on Jan 9th from SSHRC saying my application was recieved if that helps at all.