Jump to content
mriley26

Canada MSW 2019

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Anniemsw said:

My acorn says invited !!!! HOLY SHIT! Sorry for the swearing. If you know my gpa from school I had a small chance of getting in. So if it's possible for me it's possible for you. Much love 

Congrats!!! Did your sgs change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you guys who got into U of T take full course loads? I wonder if that is my issue.. I did my BSW part time.. I wonder if it harmed me in someway.. 

 

I just really want to know how to strengthen my application for next year if I end up having to apply again. 

Edited by Chantalilly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think u of T is playing a sick joke on me ! They put invited and when I refreshed the page the invited message was gone! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anniemsw said:

I think u of T is playing a sick joke on me ! They put invited and when I refreshed the page the invited message was gone! Lol

I'm sure you got in, their system seems to be a bit of a mess today.  Clearly lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anniemsw said:

My SGS still says under review :(

This is so confusing.:( I wonder if the other person that got invited has the same experience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to all who received acceptances! To those who did not, take care of yourself and stay strong. The universe has a hidden plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sammy1 said:

This is so confusing.:( I wonder if the other person that got invited has the same experience

mines still say "under review" ...But my ACORN updated to invited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....All the anxiety happiness and anticipation. Feeling it all with you folks! Ah.

Edited by FK@UofT
Re-word statement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Anniemsw said:

I think u of T is playing a sick joke on me ! They put invited and when I refreshed the page the invited message was gone! Lol

Try logging out, delete your browser history, then log in again.  Hope your "invited" status remains 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Anniemsw said:

I think u of T is playing a sick joke on me ! They put invited and when I refreshed the page the invited message was gone! Lol

oh fuck. my heart dropped for you. Email Angela maybe? See if its a system error. I hope you're invite still stands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, FK@UofT said:

oh fuck. my heart dropped for you. Email Angela maybe? See if its a system error. I hope you're invite still stands.

@Anniemsw Unfortunately I'm not sure Angela can confirm anything here. The Acorn Invited status is more of a hack that has worked over the years. Angela won't be able to confirm whether you get in or not until SGS sends out their *official* response through the mail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Anniemsw said:

I think u of T is playing a sick joke on me ! They put invited and when I refreshed the page the invited message was gone! Lol

My Acorn has changed back and forth a couple of times today. As of right now the invited has disappeared! I'm hoping this is just because the system is being updated! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KA2019 said:

Now it says invited again! What a roller coaster of emotions! 

 

 

OH man, I refuse to look and put myself through the agony.

Is it safe to say at this point that we wait for the official letter of confirmation???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

INVITED!

Same thing happened with my status on Acorn though, it popped up and then disappeared after my browser timed out. I really think it has to do with the site issues they've been having today, lets all just take a breather, I think we're in the clear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chantalilly said:

Did you guys who got into U of T take full course loads? I wonder if that is my issue.. I did my BSW part time.. I wonder if it harmed me in someway.. 

 

I just really want to know how to strengthen my application for next year if I end up having to apply again. 

I highly doubt doing your BSW part-time hurt your application, we all finish our education at an individual pace. Hang in there, the day isn't over yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bellis-Perennis said:

INVITED!

Same thing happened with my status on Acorn though, it popped up and then disappeared after my browser timed out. I really think it has to do with the site issues they've been having today, lets all just take a breather, I think we're in the clear!

Congrats! Did yours just appear? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chantalilly said:

Congrats! Did yours just appear? 

Thank you! I checked it at 2:30 and it was there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bellis-Perennis said:

INVITED!

Same thing happened with my status on Acorn though, it popped up and then disappeared after my browser timed out. I really think it has to do with the site issues they've been having today, lets all just take a breather, I think we're in the clear!

Congrats!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

congratulations to everyone that got into U of T today! I work on a few projects with FIFSW and the people there are great 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SwagMaster said:

@Anniemsw Unfortunately I'm not sure Angela can confirm anything here. The Acorn Invited status is more of a hack that has worked over the years. Angela won't be able to confirm whether you get in or not until SGS sends out their *official* response through the mail. 

Thanks for clarifying that! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.