Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

4 hours ago, MirandaVC said:

Hi, everyone! Just signed up and congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far. I applied to York and Ryerson. Has anyone heard back from either yet? I know Ryerson probably won't be for a bit because I recall them saying they'd begin rolling out acceptances mid March but what about York?

I applied to York and Ryerson as well. best of luck to you! :) 

Hi everyone- I have an ACORN login but I cannot see if I’m “invited” or not... the program does not show up, nor can I seem  to find it when I search for it- does anyone know the program code? SGS as we all know is slow to update. I am not a past U of T student- is that the problem? 

Hoping someone can help me! This is my second time applying,  was wailisted last year. Thanks!!

D6EA24E3-30CC-4810-9BA7-441F5F30B4A5.png

Bleh, I have to say I'm holding a bit of a heavy heart after not hearing anything from UofT and there being no change on Acorn. Witnessing how gruelling this process can be for all of us, and definitely interested to hear how folks are managing self-care strategies through this time? I'm trying to distract myself and take breaks from this Forum/compulsively checking online portals - anybody else have any suggestions or things that y'all have been doing to move through this time? Also trying to remind myself that Masters programs and academia offer so much upward class mobility and how much of a privilege that is itself, and that this isn't the end of the world if it things don't come to fruition. 

Congrats to folks who have heard, and will continue to receive offers of admission! And also naming how it can be complicated to witness others getting in when some of us haven't (it's so gross that academia/capitalism pin us against one another when we're all just trying to do some good work). For folks still waiting to hear back or haven't gained admission, feel free to slide into my DMs if you want some witnessing or an anonymous human to debrief with! ?

4 minutes ago, N_D said:

Bleh, I have to say I'm holding a bit of a heavy heart after not hearing anything from UofT and there being no change on Acorn. Witnessing how gruelling this process can be for all of us, and definitely interested to hear how folks are managing self-care strategies through this time? I'm trying to distract myself and take breaks from this Forum/compulsively checking online portals - anybody else have any suggestions or things that y'all have been doing to move through this time? Also trying to remind myself that Masters programs and academia offer so much upward class mobility and how much of a privilege that is itself, and that this isn't the end of the world if it things don't come to fruition. 

Congrats to folks who have heard, and will continue to receive offers of admission! And also naming how it can be complicated to witness others getting in when some of us haven't (it's so gross that academia/capitalism pin us against one another when we're all just trying to do some good work). For folks still waiting to hear back or haven't gained admission, feel free to slide into my DMs if you want some witnessing or an anonymous human to debrief with! ?

I truly need to up my self care game.. I couldn’t sleep at all last night and was being unkind to myself.. thanks for helping me to catch this. I totally agree with all of your opinions on this.. we are all so qualified and it’s truly a stressful process to be judged against one another 

Hello Everyone! 

I have been following this thread for quite sometime now. Everyone here seems very helpful and encoruaging. At this point when few of us are discussing about their stress about not hearing back from U of T, I could totally relate and felt like sharing. 

Perhaps like many of you, I couldn't sleep last two nights. I have applied for advance standing msw 2019 at U of T, University of Windsor, Laurier, King's and Dalhousie. 

I have been rejected by Dalhousie last week. And accepted by Windsor University with partial scholarship. My first choice is U of T. When I saw a lot of us have seen Invited in Acorn, I became very hopeful. I'm afaird mine hasn't changed yet. 

I have started to judge myself and this is kind of difficult to go through this phase. But I am glad to find some wonderful poeple here who will understand my thought. 

Thanks for supporting each other : ) 

52 minutes ago, Klara_kay said:

Hi everyone- I have an ACORN login but I cannot see if I’m “invited” or not... the program does not show up, nor can I seem  to find it when I search for it- does anyone know the program code? SGS as we all know is slow to update. I am not a past U of T student- is that the problem? 

Hoping someone can help me! This is my second time applying,  was wailisted last year. Thanks!!

D6EA24E3-30CC-4810-9BA7-441F5F30B4A5.png

You have to be press “dashboard” so you’ll be on the home page. Under “Academics”, you’ll see if you are invited or not. 

1 hour ago, Chantalilly said:

I’m so beyond nervous.. I want ryerson so bad.. do you know how competitive it is? It is so hard to tell what these schools want 

I'm not sure! from last year's posts, I know York gave funding to their students but I actually didn't see too much about Ryerson. what is it about Ryerson's program that interests you?

44 minutes ago, N_D said:

I’m sorry to hear about the anguish :( I hope you don’t lose faith! It is still early on in the acceptance process (like really early). So there are still people who may have not heard back and people who will decline their offers down the road!

I was in your position for the last few years. This was the third time around I applied for my MSW and only till this time around was I successful. It’s great your thinking of strategies to help with this stress though! I wish I did that in the past.

I hope if there’s anything to take away from this post, I hope you don’t lose faith in your passion and abilities! Regardless of what the outcome is, keep striving for this dream. It sounds like you are passionate and care about this career, so I hope that drives helps you achieve your goals in the end.

Best of luck with everything!

I did that but it says this... “you are not eligible for course enrolment. For assistance, please contact your registrar or graduate department”  nowhere does it say I even I applied to anything.... !? Is this normal? I applied for 2 year to maybe it’s not showing up because of that?

1 hour ago, N_D said:

totally agree with everything on this post! I didn't get into anything last year and it took a bit to get myself to try again this year. 

this forum doesn't work on my work computer for some reason so I guess that helps with the compulsive checking ? regardless, it is good to know that we're all in this together. 

1 hour ago, N_D said:

Yes. To everything that you have to say. And, that it is also okay to manage through self-care strategies, while simultaneously  feeling a heavy heart and self-soothing through compulsively checking online portals / being active on this forum. Yes to it all, because all of it matters. The self-soothing and the processing and the feeling and the avoidance. It is true that the decisions that come out are not reflective of us as human beings and it is also true, that the decisions that come out affect us as human beings. All of this is so real, and prudent, and important - right now. I think the biggest breath we can give ourselves, is to be with ourselves in solidarity and acceptance while extending or hibernating away from the support that surrounds us. I hope you are open to your heavy heart, and that it can rest in you; until you find your way through it - for whatever direction it goes. 

Edited by FK@UofT

48 minutes ago, FK@UofT said:

Yes. To everything that you have to say. And, that it is also okay to manage through self-care strategies, while simultaneously  feeling a heavy heart and self-soothing through compulsively checking online portals / being active on this forum. Yes to it all, because all of it matters. The self-soothing and the processing and the feeling and the avoidance. It is true that the decisions that come out are not reflective of us as human beings and it is also true, that the decisions that come out affect us as human beings. All of this is so real, and prudent, and important - right now. I think the biggest breath we can give ourselves, is to be with ourselves in solidarity and acceptance while extending or hibernating away from the support that surrounds us. I hope you are open to your heavy heart, and that it can rest in you; until you find your way through it - for whatever direction it goes. 

Thank you so much for this response and the necessary reminder of the dialectical experience of all of this (outcomes not being reflective of us, and also affecting us the same). Sitting with all of those sentiments. Thank you! ❤️ 

2 hours ago, N_D said:

I'm in the same boat as you. As far as I know, there are two rounds of acceptances, and then the waitlist. A friend of mine got informed in the end of March that she was on the waitlist, and ended up getting accepted off the list. It's discouraging having to wait so long, but we still have plenty of time :)

1 hour ago, Klara_kay said:

I did that but it says this... “you are not eligible for course enrolment. For assistance, please contact your registrar or graduate department”  nowhere does it say I even I applied to anything.... !? Is this normal? I applied for 2 year to maybe it’s not showing up because of that?

In previous years, if you don’t see an “invite” in the dashboard it is likely waitlisted or rejected. And since you applied for the 2 year program, they usually hear around march-may during the second wave of admissions. So people who applied for the 2 year program and get admitted will see the INVITED during those months. 

20 minutes ago, carloconcep said:

In previous years, if you don’t see an “invite” in the dashboard it is likely waitlisted or rejected. And since you applied for the 2 year program, they usually hear around march-may during the second wave of admissions. So people who applied for the 2 year program and get admitted will see the INVITED during those months. 

Hi I just wanted to ask are the people who are being invited for UofT only with the advance stream or both the 2 year stream as well??

34 minutes ago, carloconcep said:

Thanks- this is helpful- I’m very much jumping the gun here! I just looked at the letter I got when I was waitlisted and saw it was dated March 27. Hoping and praying to get an “invited” this time! Thanks for your response :)

hey folks! congratulations to all you amazing people for your U of T acceptances so far :) I was wondering if one of you who got an acceptance could post a screenshot of what your acorn site looks like? like where it says invited and all that, just so i can know what it should all be looking for, i appreciate it! congratulations to you all and good luck to us extremely anxious waiters....

Hello all! I just got an email from SGS saying that a decision has been made regarding my application and I could log onto the SGS website to view my official documents! And there it was waiting for me, my official acceptance package. I experienced the huge wave of emotions all over again!

That being said, I'm truly thinking of all you who haven't heard yet or may be waitlisted or rejected. I didn't get in last year, I was in your shoes but that experience only solidified my drive and passion to continue pursuing my MSW, it fueled me to seek out additional certifications as well. I know it's really hard not to beat yourself up about this, or to ruminate, but remember you are worthy and if this isn't your path right now that doesn't mean it's never going to be your path. A rejection or waitlist isn't a "no", it's a "not right now". You've got this!

30 minutes ago, Bellis-Perennis said:

Hello all! I just got an email from SGS saying that a decision has been made regarding my application and I could log onto the SGS website to view my official documents! And there it was waiting for me, my official acceptance package. I experienced the huge wave of emotions all over again!

That being said, I'm truly thinking of all you who haven't heard yet or may be waitlisted or rejected. I didn't get in last year, I was in your shoes but that experience only solidified my drive and passion to continue pursuing my MSW, it fueled me to seek out additional certifications as well. I know it's really hard not to beat yourself up about this, or to ruminate, but remember you are worthy and if this isn't your path right now that doesn't mean it's never going to be your path. A rejection or waitlist isn't a "no", it's a "not right now". You've got this!

Thanks for posting. I just checked and received an official letter of acceptance. I'm bawling my eyes out right now as it's been an emotional rollercoaster few years for me to get the courage to apply. Don't give up everyone and I'm here if you have any questions and to help others get in next year❤️

5 hours ago, tanne said:

hey folks! congratulations to all you amazing people for your U of T acceptances so far :) I was wondering if one of you who got an acceptance could post a screenshot of what your acorn site looks like? like where it says invited and all that, just so i can know what it should all be looking for, i appreciate it! congratulations to you all and good luck to us extremely anxious waiters....

Hey

This is what Acorn looks like when you've been invited.

Screenshot_20190219-140345.png