Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

6 minutes ago, WaitingEndlessly said:

Which field is your interest? I applied for York one year advance standing 

I applied for the 1 year program as well. My interest is the identity, diversity and anti-oppression field. What about yourself? 

Edited by Socwrk2

12 minutes ago, Natalie.Gravel said:

I got my snail mail on Friday from them. :(

Hi Natalie -I'm sorry :(  Was the decision reflected on Quest too?

1 hour ago, ccpsych said:

Has anyone with a degree other than a BSW applied to a Canadian MSW program?

I have an honours psychology degree and a developmental studies degree, and I may be attending a pre-MSW program this fall which "prepares" you for direct entry into the Universities MSW program the following year.

Just wondering if anyone has been accepted into an MSW program with a degree other than BSW or a pre-masters MSW from a different school. 

I'd like to get my pre-masters from this school then apply out of province for MSW! Wondering if it's possible!?

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I have an Arts & Science degree from U of T; major in English, double minor in sociology & Buddhism, psychology, and mental health.

So far I've been waitlisted at Carleton, and accepted at Western. It IS possible. ?

Edited by mswash
Clarity

1 minute ago, bamboozled said:

I finally heard back from Waterloo and got an offer. I read on here earlier that there were acceptances about 10 days ago so I was getting nervous. Happy to accept though!

I'm getting so nervous!! I logged into Quest today, and it still say no admissions decision has been made. At least it's not a "no".
Congratulations!!

4 minutes ago, Natalie.Gravel said:

I'm getting so nervous!! I logged into Quest today, and it still say no admissions decision has been made. At least it's not a "no".
Congratulations!!

Thank you! I had myself convinced I was on the waitlist and they just didn't tell me. At this point, I say no news doesn't mean no at this point!

On 3/5/2019 at 10:12 AM, jjinjjin said:

Hi, First of all congratulations to all of those people got into MSW program. Does anyone got into McGill’s MSW?

I recently got wait listed into Mcgill’s MSW program. Does anyone know what are the chance of getting off the waitlist?

Thank you,

I received the same news last week. I'm on the waiting list and hoping to hear a response soon. Best of luck to you! 

1 hour ago, Natalie.Gravel said:

I'm sorry, you said Quest, I thought you were talking about Laurier....you're talking about Waterloo? If so, I followed the thread wrong and I'm still anxiously waiting.

My mistake! I too am waiting to hear from Waterloo...

3 hours ago, Natalie.Gravel said:

I got my snail mail on Friday from them. :(

I’m sorry to hear that!! Hopefully you hear back from your other schools. ☺️

Has as anyone else received a rejection from 2-year Laurier in the mail? I just checked and haven’t gotten anything.. idk what’s making me more anxious now, checking this forum or my mailbox lol ?

Hi Everyone!

Like many others, I have been lurking this page for some time and have finally decided to join.  Congratulations to all who have been accepted into a program and all the best to those of you still waiting!!  I have been waitlisted at Western (2 year program) and am still waiting to hear from Laurier, the waiting is driving me crazy haha!!
I was just wondering if anyone who has received a decision from Laurier could provide insight into where the decision is shown in Loris? I can't seem to see a spot on the Loris webpage where the decision would be posted? 

Thank you in advance!

Jessica

1 hour ago, Jessica_11 said:

Hi Everyone!

Like many others, I have been lurking this page for some time and have finally decided to join.  Congratulations to all who have been accepted into a program and all the best to those of you still waiting!!  I have been waitlisted at Western (2 year program) and am still waiting to hear from Laurier, the waiting is driving me crazy haha!!
I was just wondering if anyone who has received a decision from Laurier could provide insight into where the decision is shown in Loris? I can't seem to see a spot on the Loris webpage where the decision would be posted? 

Thank you in advance!

Jessica

When you select the Master of Social Work under the admissions tab the acceptance letter shows up instead of the list of documents that you have submitted.

18 hours ago, CorryMack2019 said:

Hello, 

Does anyone have any insight on what the McGill MSW program is like? Specifically the community development stream? 

Also has anyone attended the Memorial distance MSW program?

I havent heard about either on this forum yet.

I know someone who just got into this program for fall 2019!

Hi all,

Does anyone have any insight on what the Windsor MSW program for working professionals is like? Specifically the health stream? 

I haven't heard about this program on this forum yet and wanted to know if anyone has any thoughts about this.

Thanks!! 

28 minutes ago, MWYL said:

Hi all,

Does anyone have any insight on what the Windsor MSW program for working professionals is like? Specifically the health stream? 

I haven't heard about this program on this forum yet and wanted to know if anyone has any thoughts about this.

Thanks!! 

I would also like to get more insight about this program :) 

hi all!  i made the decision to go ahead with dalhousie so that i can keep up with full-time work so am declining my offers for laurier and waterloo.  hope that this helps some folks out who may be on the waitlist.  all the best to all.  and to all who didn't receive the news that they wanted - keep at it - i was rejected last year and this year got into 3 programs.  it is tough, but there is hope.  ❤️ 

3 hours ago, moonsun.jang said:

has anyone else got a snail mail from laurier? i cannot deal with this anxiety anymore lol ?

Not yet! I'm scared to check my mail this week, nothing yet on Loris!  Are you waiting to hear about the 2 year program?

Edited by Jessica_11