Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Purple-Elephant said:

Yes, from what I have read they have a much larger program (around 150 students) whereas Western accepts 15, and Laurier not much more than that either. However, you have to think about how many people live in Toronto and how many applications they receive too. Not sure what their admission % is. I would be interested to know though!

From a presentation I went to their admission percentage was still 17% of applicants. Which was the same as Laurier. I think the difference is the sheer number of applicants.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With respect that is quite a negative and verging on rude outlook. While I haven't read every page of this forum it seems like people have been very positive and supportive of one another. At the same

My MyFile has just changed to accepted from York. No call or e-mail.... best of luck to my fellow applicants! You got this ❤️ 

Come onnnn York....

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Socwrk2 said:

Has anyone not heard from Laurier advanced standing..?Or am I alone in this. 

I have not heard from them either.
I am assuming I didn't get in as I have heard from people (on and off of this forum) that have been accepted or been waitlisted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 1:34 PM, MSW-101 said:

Gerontology

I'm a second year student in BSW and I'd love to get into the Gerontology stream at UOFT for my MSW. May I ask what your experience, GPA etc was for UOFT? Do you also have alot of experience with the elderly? I have some experience from volunteer and field experience. Most of my experience is from my current job working with adults with intellectual disabilities so I'm not sure if the mental health stream would be more fitting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Back to School said:

I have not heard from them either.
I am assuming I didn't get in as I have heard from people (on and off of this forum) that have been accepted or been waitlisted.

If that is the case - do you have any idea where we would receive confirmation of our rejection from (i.e. would it be on loris or emailed?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Socwrk2 said:

If that is the case - do you have any idea where we would receive confirmation of our rejection from (i.e. would it be on loris or emailed?)

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to that question. I am assuming they are going to get all of their offers out first and then send their rejections, but that is only speculation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Back to School said:

From a presentation I went to their admission percentage was still 17% of applicants. Which was the same as Laurier. I think the difference is the sheer number of applicants.

That is good to know! Exactly what I would assume, that they would have a TON of applicants!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, socialworkit said:

I'm a second year student in BSW and I'd love to get into the Gerontology stream at UOFT for my MSW. May I ask what your experience, GPA etc was for UOFT? Do you also have alot of experience with the elderly? I have some experience from volunteer and field experience. Most of my experience is from my current job working with adults with intellectual disabilities so I'm not sure if the mental health stream would be more fitting.

I private message you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Anniemsw said:

I didn't receive a call from Ryerson. Does anyone know when or how to check online if you're accepted or not? I was told RAMSS would be updated but does anyone know when? Thanks.

Hey I was sent an email .. I think you get an email when Ramms is updated. You can receive insight into your app until like April with ryerson I heard 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Anniemsw said:

I didn't receive a call from Ryerson. Does anyone know when or how to check online if you're accepted or not? I was told RAMSS would be updated but does anyone know when? Thanks.

I'd like to know the same thing! Just send that waitlist e-mail already 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 12:56 PM, SocialWERK2019 said:

Anyone who got accepted into the U of T advanced standing program: when is your deadline to accept? I’m currently on the waitlist and I’m just wondering if there is a possibility of movement any time soon? I know it’s a long shot, but I’ve recently talked to two people who were accepted off the waitlist in previous years. 

 

Thanks!

I'm also interested to know the answer to this question! Does anyone that got accepted into the UofT advanced standing MSW have an answer ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, French_MSW said:

I'm also interested to know the answer to this question! Does anyone that got accepted into the UofT advanced standing MSW have an answer ?

U of T wants an answer by March 19th (for me anyway).  My letter was dated Feb 19/19 and they want an answer within four weeks of the letter.  Hope that helps!  Also, I'm turning down my offer there as I've been offered funding elsewhere so there will be a spot open!  Best of luck :)

Edited by Laurabeth79
Additional info
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Laurabeth79 said:

U of T wants an answer by March 19th (for me anyway).  My letter was dated Feb 19/19 and they want an answer within four weeks of the letter.  Hope that helps!  Also, I'm turning down my offer there as I've been offered funding elsewhere so there will be a spot open!  Best of luck :)

Thanks for the quick response and the small sliver of hope! :) Which program did you decide to go with instead?

Link to post
Share on other sites

has anyone heard any good news from the 2 year MSW program from king's? I am very nervous to open my email and find out the results as is the only school that I applied to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DovesLanding said:

Does anyone have any idea how large the waitlist is at King's. Is it everyone who met the eligibility criteria, in ranked order I assume..or do they cap the waitlist size? 

hey, on this forum two days ago people got rejections letters from King's so I assume there is a cap, but I am anxiously waiting as well. 

Edited by SK19
Link to post
Share on other sites

My Loris updated today stating that my application was unsuccessful. I did not receive an email. I applied to the advanced standing MSW program.

Edited by KD.msw
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, French_MSW said:

Thanks for the quick response and the small sliver of hope! :) Which program did you decide to go with instead?

No problem!  Glad to help :)  After MUCH consideration, I decided to go with Carleton.  They offered me a great funding package, and while it doesn't have the prestige of U of T, the location and the program structure works better for me.  Plus money is kind of a thing for me right now!  I'm not entirely sure I made the right decision (lol), but it seemed like a better fit.  All the best to you!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SK19 said:

has anyone heard any good news from the 2 year MSW program from king's? I am very nervous to open my email and find out the results as is the only school that I applied to. 

I did! I'm still completely shocked that I got accepted! Good luck to everyone waiting on hearing back!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.