Canada MSW 2019

mriley26

Congrats on everyone getting into their programs so far!! 

I had a quick question for the UofT 2 Year Program. I am still waiting to hear back. I was wondering how declaring your specialization works if you are accepted? If I get into UofT, I definitely would want to go into the Mental Health and Health stream. I am just wondering if students are able to get into their specialized streams without any issues or if you have to select a first, second, and third choice for different streams?

Any insight into this process would be much appreciated!

6 minutes ago, 128 said:

I just got rejected from Western 2 year...

Any idea when we will be hearing from Laurier part time online?

Sorry to hear that - Good luck with Laurier! 

Did you find out through email or did student center update? Mine still says applied/released to program

1 minute ago, moonsun.jang said:

Same here... 

I'm so stressed lol! I made the mistake of looking at this forum while in class and haven't been able to pay attention since! I just keep flipping back and forth between this forum and student center! GOOD LUCK

On 3/5/2019 at 10:34 AM, Purple-Elephant said:

I got accepted to Laurier advance standing full time as well, with excellent funding! However it is telling me that my response deadline is past due (back in January they accidentally said I was accepted to the on-campus full time, when they meant to accept me to the online part-time program. They never changed my response due date). So now I'm panicking and waiting for them to help me. 

Don't panic - Laurier's admin staff is very helpful and always willing to lend a hand. They will help you figure it out! 

54 minutes ago, hamilton32 said:

have people who have been rejected from westerns 2 year program, often been accepted from u of t? or more rejected? this process is killing me 

I was rejected by Western and then accepted to U of T for the 2 year program! It's possible! :) 

29 minutes ago, mriley26 said:

Sorry to hear that - Good luck with Laurier! 

Did you find out through email or did student center update? Mine still says applied/released to program

I got an email basically the same time my student center updated!

23 minutes ago, nicoleMSW said:

Don't panic - Laurier's admin staff is very helpful and always willing to lend a hand. They will help you figure it out! 

They did help me within a few hours thank God! Their mistake made a nightmare for me hahaha multiple times 

30 minutes ago, nicoleMSW said:

I was rejected by Western and then accepted to U of T for the 2 year program! It's possible! :) 

If you dont mind me asking , what was your application like for u of t?

Like did you have alot of experience, good grades and so on? 

If you feel ok telling me ! 

1 hour ago, SDZ said:

Congrats on everyone getting into their programs so far!! 

I had a quick question for the UofT 2 Year Program. I am still waiting to hear back. I was wondering how declaring your specialization works if you are accepted? If I get into UofT, I definitely would want to go into the Mental Health and Health stream. I am just wondering if students are able to get into their specialized streams without any issues or if you have to select a first, second, and third choice for different streams?

Any insight into this process would be much appreciated!

You just have to choose during your first year. There are no capacity restrictions. 

I received a phone call from McMaster on Feb 19th for an offer of admission into their 1-year MSW program and today I received and off into Westerns 1-year MSW program. I will probably be accepting McMaster and declining Western, as Western didn't offer any funding! Hopefully I can give up my spot to one of you who is on the waitlist :)

23 minutes ago, msw3 said:

I received a phone call from McMaster on Feb 19th for an offer of admission into their 1-year MSW program and today I received and off into Westerns 1-year MSW program. I will probably be accepting McMaster and declining Western, as Western didn't offer any funding! Hopefully I can give up my spot to one of you who is on the waitlist :)

Western doesn’t seem very well funded! Sad since I live in London haha

7 hours ago, Purple-Elephant said:

Just received an email with an acceptance to Western/King's advance standing starting in September! I am excited to have been offered acceptance at every program I have applied to. I don't see any funding offers at all though from Western, so I believe I will be declining the offer and accepting at Laurier for next fall. Good luck to everyone else who applied there and if you were waitlisted you have some hope through me. I feel positive given that they only accept ~15 people each year :)

Wow that is an astonishing accomplishment. Could you let us hopefuls know a bit about yourself, gpa experience, whatever :)