2019 Applicants

10 minutes ago, bardie said:

Hey guys-- any thoughts on Stanford and UCLA? I have them down as possibly getting back this week. And UChicago-- are we thinking late this week or next?

Hang in there everyone ?‍♀️

I have Stanford down for the first week of February and UCLA for the second week.

Fingers crossed we all get some good news very soon!

14 minutes ago, bardie said:

@placeinspace @flungoutofspace @kendalldinniene Thank you all for your projections. I think Chicago interviews are concluding on Tuesday so that makes me nervous. I bet we will know by Friday. ? This is all happening so quickly (but also not quickly enough)!

1 hour ago, placeinspace said:

@bardie I'm assuming this week for Chicago - last year they notified on Jan 30!

Chicago should post decisions early feb -- although it could be this week, depending on how fast people work, it may well be next week.

Why is it that today of all days THREE of my friends have called me "just to chat," when this is not a common practice in any of my friendships!?  My roommates all chuckled as I hastily turned over my phone and let out a melodramatic sigh of disappointment to find out it was a friend calling each time.

It also doesn't help that my e-mail is blowing up with marketing and spam messages, adding to the anxious hellfire.  This is going to be a loooong week. 

15 minutes ago, swarthmawr said:

Ice cream, STAT! I’m gonna stock up today, I think. 

Last night I splurged on a pint of Ben & Jerry's (I usually don't budget for snacks of any kind, especially not pricey ones like that!). Hopefully it'll get me through the week!

3 minutes ago, swarthmawr said:

Ice cream, STAT! I’m gonna stock up today, I think. 

I'm lactose intolerant ?

My Xanax and I will comfort each other... (Me to my therapist: "I just need something, you don't understand, my life flashes before my eyes every time I refresh my email." Her: "Alright, fine. I'll do this for you. But just this once.")

13 minutes ago, bardie said:

I'm lactose intolerant ?

My Xanax and I will comfort each other... (Me to my therapist: "I just need something, you don't understand, my life flashes before my eyes every time I refresh my email." Her: "Alright, fine. I'll do this for you. But just this once.")

I need to do this. 

15 minutes ago, jadeisokay said:

waiting on chicago too?

Chicago, Yale, Toronto and Madison, plus Stanford MTL! I sort of assume because English is usually the flagship humanities department of these universities that others in proximal departments will follow their lead

1 hour ago, effietheant said:

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that my friend interviewed with Notre Dame (English) last Friday and they told him that decisions would go out on Feb 8! 

I have so many questions about this given that their big interview day is Feb 8. Are they gonna let us know as soon as we leave? Do they already know who they’re admitting and just inviting us to make sure we’re real people? 

10 minutes ago, placeinspace said:

I’m glad I planned a last minute vacation this weekend so I can process my Chicago rejection on the beach!

Much better than my "work everyday so you can't think about anything else" plan which isn't very effective and definitely not any fun.

29 minutes ago, arbie said:

I have so many questions about this given that their big interview day is Feb 8. Are they gonna let us know as soon as we leave? Do they already know who they’re admitting and just inviting us to make sure we’re real people? 

People who interviewed last year at Notre Dame said that they received their decisions before boarding on their return flight. I'm guessing that they make notes during the visit and compare them before the 8th.

6 minutes ago, Bopie5 said:

There are a few fellowships I'm thinking of applying to but rn I am so paralyzed thinking about decisions and the possibility of a shut-out that it's making me stressed to put the cart before the horse. Anyone else in this boat?

Yep, I am right there with you.

Also I haven't had the stamina to actually do the fellowship applications.  I don't have the emotional or mental energy to invest in anything else right now.