Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

3 minutes ago, Neurophilic said:

Has anyone heard from York yet?

Nothing yet! But Friday last week I got an email from the grad program secretary asking about some parts of my application for clarification, so I would assume the admissions committee are just getting to looking at them now. But not positive!

7 minutes ago, chopper.wife said:

Nothing yet! But Friday last week I got an email from the grad program secretary asking about some parts of my application for clarification, so I would assume the admissions committee are just getting to looking at them now. But not positive!

Good to know! :) 

3 hours ago, Clinpsyc01 said:

I interviewed there previously and know people in the program, so I wanted to mention that not all faculty are doing interviews on that day. It’s just the ones belonging to the clinical health research centre. If you want to know which POIs are interviewing on those days, I can ask my friends. The majority of the faculty conduct their interviews individually throughout January and February.

okay thank-you! can you please let me know which faculty are doing interviews that day!

Western's in-person interviews will be on Feb 8th! The faculty will be meeting next Tuesday to discuss in-person invites. 

Edited by foood

13 minutes ago, foood said:

Western's in-person interviews will be on Feb 8th! The faculty will be meeting next Tuesday to discuss in-person invites. 

No Skype interviews for Western? 

5 minutes ago, higaisha said:

No Skype interviews for 

I think they are just starting their preliminary interviews. I had a phone interview with my POI earlier this morning. She indicated that they have been given a bit of a short window to contact applicants

Can someone explains Mac's program? Their site is vague.  I didn't know they had some off-label, unaccredited clinical program until recently--why would anyone apply there (not being shady, actually curious)

18 minutes ago, higaisha said:

Can someone explains Mac's program? Their site is vague.  I didn't know they had some off-label, unaccredited clinical program until recently--why would anyone apply there (not being shady, actually curious)

Is Mac short for McMaster?

29 minutes ago, Desperate Clinical said:

Any news from McMaster or OISE?

I haven't heard anything from OISE yet... but based on previous years, they seem to contact applicants in the last week of January

37 minutes ago, higaisha said:

It's brand new and definitely needs some improvement, but it is VERY research intensive (way less course work than other schools). It also does not require the GRE, so some people apply if they have good grades but a less than stellar GRE score (like me). McMaster is Canada's #1 research university so the odds of it becoming accredited is very likely, but again it is a gamble.

5 minutes ago, Desperate Clinical said:

It's brand new and definitely needs some improvement, but it is VERY research intensive (way less course work than other schools). It also does not require the GRE, so some people apply if they have good grades but a less than stellar GRE score (like me). McMaster is Canada's #1 research university so the odds of it becoming accredited is very likely, but again it is a gamble.

Hmm less coursework...are they trying to get accredited by PCSAS? 

7 minutes ago, canadianpsych said:

Congrats to the person who was accepted to UofT! Would you be  willing to share your POI details? Also was this for OISE or UTSC? :)

I am wondering the same!

Also... weird "smell man" post lol. I'm a little confused!

Edited by chopper.wife
Elaboration

2 hours ago, foood said:

I think they are just starting their preliminary interviews. I had a phone interview with my POI earlier this morning. She indicated that they have been given a bit of a short window to contact applicants

Western PIs are already reaching out? I thought their website said that they wouldn’t reach out until Jan 25... Did your PI say if all faculty was doing so? Btw congrats on the interview!!

17 minutes ago, ventiamericano said:

Western PIs are already reaching out? I thought their website said that they wouldn’t reach out until Jan 25... Did your PI say if all faculty was doing so? Btw congrats on the interview!!

Thanks! I don't think all PI's are reaching out. My POI indicated that they have a faculty meeting next Tuesday to discuss as a group about applicants before sending out in-person invites