Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

6 minutes ago, Generic_Applicant said:

:D 

School: McGill 

Type:PhD Clinical Psychology

Date of Invite: Jan 11th, 2018

Type of invite: Acceptance!

POI: I prefer to not disclose, sorry!

Good luck everyone!

Congrats! 

10 minutes ago, Generic_Applicant said:

:D 

School: McGill 

Type:PhD Clinical Psychology

Type of invite: Acceptance!

POI: I prefer to not disclose, sorry!

Good luck everyone!

Wooot congrats!! Welcome to the bandwagon haha :D Time to celebrateee

School: Simon Fraser University

Type: PhD Clinical Psychology (I already have an M.A. from another institution)

Type of invite: Email invitation to either a Skype or in-person interview

Interview date(s): 02/01/19

Willing to share POI's initials over PM

6 hours ago, NeuropsychologyNerd said:

I applied to Clinical! Although I'm sensing now that all the invites have been sent out..

Well, it was a shot in the dark for me anyway; I was primarily applying for the counselling PhD but we are allowed 2 applications for one fee, so I figured I'd try my chances with clinical haha. Still wishing you luck though!

44 minutes ago, Mickey26 said:

As far as I know on both this thread and the results page, UBC has been silent thus far. 

They seem to be pretty behind this year, wonder whats going on. 

6 minutes ago, higaisha said:

They seem to be pretty behind this year, wonder whats going on. 

I personally didn't apply to UBC (excellent school! but the POI I wanted to work with wasn't taking anyone until 2021 :() so ya'll will have to keep me posted re: UBC :) Fingers crossed for ya'll! Maybe they had a huge influx of applications this year?

Guys I’m pretty concerned and need some wwyd advice...

I was supposed to interview with a POI Friday over Skype but something came up for them and they only were able to contact me 3 hours after the scheduled time to let me know. We rescheduled for today, but it is now 40 minutes late with no email or call...

Should I continue to be in touch with them? I’m not getting the best impression. Maybe something emergent did occur, I don’t know, but an email would have been nice...

3 minutes ago, Neurophilic said:

Guys I’m pretty concerned and need some wwyd advice...

I was supposed to interview with a POI Friday over Skype but something came up for them and they only were able to contact me 3 hours after the scheduled time to let me know. We rescheduled for today, but it is now 40 minutes late with no email or call...

Should I continue to be in touch with them? I’m not getting the best impression. Maybe something emergent did occur, I don’t know, but an email would have been nice...

Hmm that’s a tough one. I would just send them an email saying you hope everything is ok and that you can eventually connect. It’s definitely possible something personal came up for them, so I’d give them the benefit of the doubt for now... sorry to hear you’ve been put in that situation, that’s really not cool.

1 minute ago, chopper.wife said:

Hmm that’s a tough one. I would just send them an email saying you hope everything is ok and that you can eventually connect. It’s definitely possible something personal came up for them, so I’d give them the benefit of the doubt for now... sorry to hear you’ve been put in that situation, that’s really not cool.

Yeah I sent an email basically saying everything you mentioned. Im pretty disappointed but will give the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully will hear from them soon. 

2 hours ago, Neurophilic said:

Yeah I sent an email basically saying everything you mentioned. Im pretty disappointed but will give the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully will hear from them soon. 

Have you heard back yet?

Hi everyone, 

First time applying to Clinical Psych programs and I'm very excited/nervous!! Wishing you all the best! I have an interview coming up on February 1st, 2019 and would love to practice with someone else (perhaps someone applying to different schools? :)). If you're interested, send me a message!

I've applied only to BC programs where I have an interested in one or more POIs;  UBC, SFU and UVic. 

1 hour ago, neurocait said:

Hi everyone, 

First time applying to Clinical Psych programs and I'm very excited/nervous!! Wishing you all the best! I have an interview coming up on February 1st, 2019 and would love to practice with someone else (perhaps someone applying to different schools? :)). If you're interested, send me a message!

I've applied only to BC programs where I have an interested in one or more POIs;  UBC, SFU and UVic. 

Heyy, 

Good luck with your interview! Unfortunately,  I'm still a full-time undergrad balancing coursework/thesis/RA stuff/etc., so I won't be able to practice with you. Here are some resources: 

See: "Section 3: I just Got an Interview...." It really helps a lot! :) Best of luck!

On 1/6/2019 at 1:12 AM, canadianpsych said:

Congrats to the individual who has an interview at UTSC!!! :) Just wondering if you may be willing to DM me your POI? :)

If you could DM me as well, I'd appreciate it! Also applied to UTSC, just curious what your POI is.

Edited by s_bellow

13 hours ago, Mickey26 said:

Heyy, 

Good luck with your interview! Unfortunately,  I'm still a full-time undergrad balancing coursework/thesis/RA stuff/etc., so I won't be able to practice with you. Here are some resources: 

See: "Section 3: I just Got an Interview...." It really helps a lot! :) Best of luck!

thank you so much these are super handy! 

On 1/11/2019 at 4:18 PM, ZingyNeuron said:

Does anyone know if Concordia sent invites already?

Their in-person interview will be on Jan 24th (Jan 25th will be their research day where faculty showcase their research).

6 minutes ago, foood said:

Their in-person interview will be on Jan 24th (Jan 25th will be their research day where faculty showcase their research).

Did you receive an interview? If so would you mind PMing me your POI's initials?

10 hours ago, Clinicalpsyc12 said:

Did you receive an interview? If so would you mind PMing me your POI's initials?

I interviewed there previously and know people in the program, so I wanted to mention that not all faculty are doing interviews on that day. It’s just the ones belonging to the clinical health research centre. If you want to know which POIs are interviewing on those days, I can ask my friends. The majority of the faculty conduct their interviews individually throughout January and February.

Edited by hsnl

Has anyone been invited to an in person interview at Waterloo yet/has interviewed at Waterloo in the past? I received my invite this morning but from the sounds of it, it is not an interview day, but still includes some of the things that an interview day would, like tours, etc. Not sure what to expect!