Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

8 minutes ago, chopper.wife said:

Woah!! Unexpected timing! AHHHH

School: Simon Fraser University

Concentration: Clinical Child Psychology 

Type: MA

Date of acceptance: informal acceptance - Feb 11, 2019

Notified by: Personal e-mail from POI

YOOO CONGRATS!! :D Super exciting!!

1 hour ago, chopper.wife said:

Omg AMAZING NEWS!!! Congrats!! 

15 hours ago, vandelay11 said:

For those still waiting on OISE CCP, I was emailed by a POI over the weekend and had an interview over the phone today, so they are still sending out interviews! 

Congrats!  Would you mind sharing you POI with me as well?  Thanks! 

20 minutes ago, kcm97 said:

Does anyone have any advice/experiences to share for a counselling psych program interview compared to the questions typically asked in a clinical based interview? 

Be ready to explain the differences between clinical and counselling psychology, at least historically. Now they overlap a ton, but have answer for it and for why you’re interested in the program over a clinical one. 

44 minutes ago, kcm97 said:

Does anyone have any advice/experiences to share for a counselling psych program interview compared to the questions typically asked in a clinical based interview? 

I would concentrate more on why you want to work with the particular supervisor/mutual research interests vs. why you're choosing clinical vs. counselling psychology 

15 hours ago, chopper.wife said:

Congrats!!! :D

I hope I hear from my POI soon! ?? Good news or bad news any news would be nice at this point ? 

1 hour ago, J-Shot said:

I would concentrate more on why you want to work with the particular supervisor/mutual research interests vs. why you're choosing clinical vs. counselling psychology 

Of course, that’s important for both types of programs. I was answering more for questions that you wouldn’t be asked in a clinical interview compared to a counselling interview. I was asked this question in 2 counselling interviews and it would’ve thrown me off if I hadn’t prepared for it. 

7 minutes ago, gillis_55 said:

Of course, that’s important for both types of programs. I was answering more for questions that you wouldn’t be asked in a clinical interview compared to a counselling interview. I was asked this question in 2 counselling interviews and it would’ve thrown me off if I hadn’t prepared for it. 

Hadn't even considered this question before you mentioned it, thank you so much! I'll definitely be sure to prep an answer on the differences/why I'm interested in counselling. 

UManitoba just FYI from the commitee:

Faculty in our program have short-listed applications who they are interested in considering for admission, and we have a meeting set for this Friday to make admissions decisions. 

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH (*cries tears of joy*)

Concentration: Clinical Psychology (Neuropsychology)

Type: MA/PhD

Date of acceptance: informal acceptance - Feb 12, 2019

1 hour ago, Mickey26 said:

UManitoba just FYI from the commitee:

Faculty in our program have short-listed applications who they are interested in considering for admission, and we have a meeting set for this Friday to make admissions decisions. 

Thanks for the info!! Do you know if they've finished interviews?

27 minutes ago, a display name said:

Thanks for the info!! Do you know if they've finished interviews?

No idea. The way they phrased it is if you didn't do interviews already, assume rejection. 

On 2/11/2019 at 4:35 PM, unknownhero said:

Has anyone heard from McMaster (Department of Psychology, Neuroscience, and Behaviour) and from Western Ontario (Cognitive, Developmental, and Brain Sciences)? I know this is a clinical group, but maybe somebody has applied for those departments as well. 

Hey, not sure about McMaster, but CDBS is doing their interview day this Friday. :)