Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

24 minutes ago, chopper.wife said:

Same. Starting to think I should have applied to more than 4 schools and not applied to the whacko competitive ones hahahahahaah ???

I was thinking the same thing! Why did I suddenly have such an overblown, misguided self-esteem around application time? When I applied I was thinking "Yeah, I got this! " and I applied to some of the most competitive programs. Now I literally stare for minutes on end at my email feeling soooooo small and insignificant and lost haha 

31 minutes ago, ZingyNeuron said:

I was thinking the same thing! Why did I suddenly have such an overblown, misguided self-esteem around application time? When I applied I was thinking "Yeah, I got this! " and I applied to some of the most competitive programs. Now I literally stare for minutes on end at my email feeling soooooo small and insignificant and lost haha 

Add me to the list please. Also 4 schools. And 3 already had interviews and acceptance rounds ?

1 hour ago, ZingyNeuron said:

55 minutes ago, SoundofSilence said:

Add me to the list please. Also 4 schools. And 3 already had interviews and acceptance rounds ?

I feel this all

22 minutes ago, Neurophilic said:

Anyone else receive their Ryerson itinerary? I'm scared lmao.

I haven't yet! Oh no, you're scaring me LOL. What does it look like? My POI told me the day was just going to be tours and chatting with faculty/grad students... No idea that there was going to be several interviews... 

3 minutes ago, ventiamericano said:

I haven't yet! Oh no, you're scaring me LOL. What does it look like? My POI told me the day was just going to be tours and chatting with faculty/grad students... No idea that there was going to be several interviews... 

Well it says from 1:00-5:00pm is interviews and lab tours lol!! Sorry, maybe it's more casual than I'm interpreting it hahaha. 

5 minutes ago, Neurophilic said:

Well it says from 1:00-5:00pm is interviews and lab tours lol!! Sorry, maybe it's more casual than I'm interpreting it hahaha. 

OH, gotcha. I read what you said and thought that we were going to be interviewing with more people than just our POIs and their labs. I almost had a heart attack hahaha

21 minutes ago, ventiamericano said:

OH, gotcha. I read what you said and thought that we were going to be interviewing with more people than just our POIs and their labs. I almost had a heart attack hahaha

My schedule actually includes a POI I didn’t apply with ... it might be because my POI is on sabbatical so she arranged for me to see someone else? Idk haha. 

3 hours ago, ZingyNeuron said:

MY FEEL ALL THE TIME NOW.

4 hours ago, ZingyNeuron said:

I can relate to this. This is my second time applying. It's a humbling experience haha.

It seems like the interview process is not as intimidating as people would think. I wonder under what kind of circumstances professors would reject a student who was invited to the interview? I believe everyone would be well-prepared (in terms of answering questions and having an idea of their research plan), behave politely, and show eagerness to know about the program. 

Edited by Leafway

16 minutes ago, Leafway said:

It seems like the interview process is not as intimidating as people would think. I wonder under what kind of circumstances professors would reject a student who was invited to the interview? I believe everyone would be well-prepared (in terms of answering questions and having an idea of their research plan), behave politely, and show eagerness to know about the program. 

I think the reasons they reject vary. Sometimes it has to do with match based on the future directions of the lab, or interest in research vs clinical work, or interpersonal “fit”, etc. I’ve heard of students getting rejected over other applicants because of strange mannerisms even. So it can get pretty hard to predict/idiosyncratic.

19 hours ago, s_bellow said:

Anyone here do an MSc in Psychiatry at McGill? Just debating on applying

I have a few friends in that program, I myself am doing an MA at McGill right now in Counselling. It is extremely research intensive, so I am not sure what you are looking for but if you are looking to become a practitioner, it might not be the best route from what I've heard. 

32 minutes ago, Piagets#1Fan said:

I have a few friends in that program, I myself am doing an MA at McGill right now in Counselling. It is extremely research intensive, so I am not sure what you are looking for but if you are looking to become a practitioner, it might not be the best route from what I've heard. 

Oh ok. Yeah I know there is minimal coursework/a lot of research in that program, which is fine by me. 

14 minutes ago, gradclinical said:

Has anyone heard anything about SCCP at OISE? 

I have heard about one specific PI having completed interviews, but not sure about others. I can't remember if you messaged me or not about it, but if not, feel free to DM me for the PI's name!