Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

On 2/1/2019 at 9:15 AM, SoundofSilence said:

Take care of yourself. It's awesome you have an interview. Remember, you are also there to "interview" them as well. You might be working closely with some of them for quite some time. Drink enough water (helps with tiredness) and take breaks outside if you can to clear your head. If you can, try to enjoy the interview as well.  You can do this! ?

Thank you!! It ended up going well (I think)! Appreciate the support from everyone on here

Hello everyone!! I've been lurking on this page for quite some time and broke down and made an account recently. Just wanted to say that I love that everybody is so supportive and helpful to each other, it's really refreshing to see. :)

I was just wondering if anybody has heard back from Ottawa or McGill?

8 hours ago, greentea_latte said:

Hello everyone!! I've been lurking on this page for quite some time and broke down and made an account recently. Just wanted to say that I love that everybody is so supportive and helpful to each other, it's really refreshing to see. :)

Welcome! I think a few people here have heard from McGill Clinical regarding interviews and acceptances, but apparently they are still ongoing. 

I personally haven’t heard from UOttawa yet or seen anything in the Survey Results page except a few rejections from the UOzone account. 

Just spoke to someone about OISE SCCP... apparently the POI I applied to has reached out to interview all applicants she is interested in. So I’m presuming rejection. Despite the program not being my top choice, it’s hard not to be bummed out!

9 minutes ago, chopper.wife said:

Just spoke to someone about OISE SCCP... apparently the POI I applied to has reached out to interview all applicants she is interested in. So I’m presuming rejection. Despite the program not being my top choice, it’s hard not to be bummed out!

Who was your POI? Now I am getting nervous that I haven't heard from mine :(

1 hour ago, siriuslypadfoot said:

Did anyone hear anything about Queen's open house last week? I'm about to break my mouse from refreshing my email so much haha

Same here, no news yet :(

1 hour ago, siriuslypadfoot said:

Did anyone hear anything about Queen's open house last week? I'm about to break my mouse from refreshing my email so much haha

25 minutes ago, ninotores said:

Same here, no news yet :(

Queens is also testing my sanity, invites haven't gone out yet so hang on--we're in this together (sigh). 

16 hours ago, greentea_latte said:

I had my interview for McGill on Friday. It’s POI dependent and I believe still ongoing. 

1 hour ago, higaisha said:

Queens is also testing my sanity, invites haven't gone out yet so hang on--we're in this together (sigh). 

The open house is March 1st so hang in there friends - lots of time for invites to be sent out!

Has anyone here had an interview at Western in a previous cycle or knows what is involved in their interview day? I was invited to the in-person interview but asked for a Skype interview instead. I have already spoken with my POI on the phone, so I'm not sure what to expect with the second Skype interview. Any info would be much appreciated!

Edited by foood

1 hour ago, foood said:

Has anyone here had an interview at Western in a previous cycle or knows what is involved in their interview day? I was invited to the in-person interview but asked for a Skype interview instead. I have already spoken with my POI on the phone, so I'm not sure what to expect with the second Skype interview. Any info would be much appreciated!

Western's interview day involves you meeting with a few faculty (including your POI) and current graduate students in the program. Then there's a reception afterwards for you to mingle with those in the program who you didn't interview with. I want to say that the interview day is intended to get a feel of who you are as a person and to see if you'd be a good personality and career fit with the program and lab that you applied to. Who was your POI? :) I did my undergrad at UWO and am familiar with quite a few of the psych faculty. 

22 hours ago, greentea_latte said:

I am also waiting to hear from both! I posted before but Ottawa is usually later in the game according to my POI, he says that professors don't even get the list of students that applied to their lab until February. And even then, apparently ranking is really important. If you rated your professor as 2nd or even 3rd, it is unlikely they they will see your application. You get maximum points if the ratings match - so if you are your POI's first choice and they are also your first choice. Hope this helps!