Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

Not sure if anybody here is interested in UTSC, but I heard back that t hey finished the first round of interviews, but they are still reviewing applications and offers of admission are still pending. Not sure if that means there will be a second round of interviews, or what, but thought I'd share. 

4 minutes ago, nerdy_metalhead said:

Not sure if anybody here is interested in UTSC, but I heard back that t hey finished the first round of interviews, but they are still reviewing applications and offers of admission are still pending. Not sure if that means there will be a second round of interviews, or what, but thought I'd share. 

Thanks so much for this info!

4 hours ago, kcm97 said:

Ahh rejected from USask... finally heard back. My POI said there was another "equally qualified" candidate to quote, just with a better fit for research interests. Bummer ?

Gah so close--darn it! I know that feeling, im sorry to hear that ? 

6 hours ago, nerdy_metalhead said:

Thanks for sharing

Anyone heard from SFU post-interview? I think I read that they were discussing admissions decisions on Thursday, so just wondering if anyone has an update from them :) (p.s. where are the emojis for stress-sweating and email refreshing?) I never thought I'd have the experience of wishing the weekend went by faster...

2 hours ago, Neurophilic said:

For those going to ryerson visiting day, are you going to the social? 

I am! I've heard it looks bad on candidates to skip out as this is the real chance to mingle with grad students/faculty that doesn't really (for the most part) involve talking about research.

1 hour ago, humanisticPOV said:

Anyone heard from SFU post-interview? I think I read that they were discussing admissions decisions on Thursday, so just wondering if anyone has an update from them :) (p.s. where are the emojis for stress-sweating and email refreshing?) I never thought I'd have the experience of wishing the weekend went by faster...

I got an email yesterday in response to my “thank you” email that basically said I should expect to hear back “soon”... not sure how soon soon is, but hold tight!

1 hour ago, C_Lamoureux said:

I would highly encourage you to participate in all visiting day activities unless there is a reason you are unable to attend

Wasn’t implying that I wasn’t going! Just asking others. 

1 hour ago, ventiamericano said:

I am! I've heard it looks bad on candidates to skip out as this is the real chance to mingle with grad students/faculty that doesn't really (for the most part) involve talking about research.

Woo! Ok great :) it’s going to be a lovely 5 hour drive home for me after ?

38 minutes ago, ventiamericano said:

LOL yup, I think this day will literally burn me out in terms of social interaction... Nothing like a 10 hour day of chatting lmao

Omg I know. PM me if you wanna meet up at some point :) we’ll be in the sears atrium quite a bit haha. 

3 hours ago, humanisticPOV said:

Right there with you, and haven’t heard anything yet! Hopefully this week is the week... 

Hello all,

Just  checked my status on the York my file page and it says "Reviewed - Unsuccessful". So I guess that's that. It was pretty fast so clearly I didn't meet one of their more important criteria. Just a heads up if anyone else is checking their application status frequently, like I was :)

5 hours ago, SoundofSilence said:

Hello all,

Just  checked my status on the York my file page and it says "Reviewed - Unsuccessful". So I guess that's that. It was pretty fast so clearly I didn't meet one of their more important criteria. Just a heads up if anyone else is checking their application status frequently, like I was :)

Did you get an email? Mine still says under review but seeing as interview day is Friday I’m assuming it will be a rejection since I have not heard anything. 

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and need your opinion. I applied to U of Alberta's school and clinical child psych program. I see on this forum that some people got "rejection" emails mid last week. I didn't receive an email and my application still says "Under Review." I know this program doesn't do interviews. I'm wondering what you think this means? I've been refreshing my email like CRAZY because this is my top program.. I'm just wondering why I didn't get the rejection if I didn't get a waitlist/acceptance email. Does it mean they are still reviewing applications? Thanks! This is my first time applying and it's confusing haha.

54 minutes ago, C_Lamoureux said:

Did you get an email? Mine still says under review but seeing as interview day is Friday I’m assuming it will be a rejection since I have not heard anything. 

Nope. I checked. I get antsy and regularly check the app status. 

55 minutes ago, C_Lamoureux said:

6 hours ago, SoundofSilence said:

Hello all,

So sorry to hear :(. I just checked mine and it is also under review like you, @C_Lamoureux. Also didn’t get an invite to interview in-person, but have heard that in previous years, many who didn’t get invited end up with an offer? I’ve pretty much given up on York though as well :(

Edited by chopper.wife
Didn’t see reply above

35 minutes ago, chopper.wife said:

So sorry to hear :(. I just checked mine and it is also under review like you, @C_Lamoureux. Also didn’t get an invite to interview in-person, but have heard that in previous years, many who didn’t get invited end up with an offer? I’ve pretty much given up on York though as well :(

Same mine is still under review but I haven't heard anything from them