Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

22 hours ago, nerdy_metalhead said:

Still under review and radio silence from POI. But as I mentioned previously, I've been informed they are still reviewing applications, and offers of admissions are pending, although the first round of interviews was completed. One person mentioned he attended the interviews, and someone already got accepted. But otherwise all quiet.

Just thought I'd sound like a broken record again but to echo nerdy_metalhead, this is what their grad secretary replied with: "Thank you for reaching out. The first round of interviews has occurred, however, the admissions cycle remains active and open until applicants are notified otherwise." Chin up!! :)

1 hour ago, clinicalpsyapplicant said:

Has anyone else heard from OISE? Do people know if in the past students have been accepted with no interview?

Nothing other than that I won't be getting an interview and my POI is likely making an offer to someone she already interviewed. Yay! ?

First acceptance !

School: Ryerson University

Concentration: Clinical Psychology 

Type: MA/PhD

Date of acceptance: February 14

Notified by: Email from Director asking for my number, then a phone call. 

So thrilled!!!

1 hour ago, KidPsych said:

Anyone hear anything from Lakehead yet?

Someone just posted above. Scroll up please (and also the previous page) :) ^^

Edited by Mickey26

On 2/13/2019 at 5:35 AM, ClinPsyc19 said:

I got invited for an interview with one of my POIs this week at UOttawa! So I think invites are slowly starting :) 

On 2/13/2019 at 5:55 PM, lobstergirl said:

I had an interview yesterday with my POI

Hello everyone,

I am an international applicant waiting to hear from 2 Counselling Psychology (Alberta, McGill) -already rejected by Calgary- and one Clinical Psychology (Ottawa) PhD programs in Canada. I have been following this thread for a while and I really appreciate the supportive environment you created here. I hope you all will get accepted to your dream schools. 

Those who had an interview at UOttawa, congratulations! Could you please pm me your POI?

21 hours ago, clinicalpsyapplicant said:

Has anyone else heard from OISE? Do people know if in the past students have been accepted with no interview?

@clinicalpsyapplicant I haven't heard of anyone at OISE who's been accepted without at least some contact with a POI (e.g. phone/skype/in-person interview). It's possible! I just think that if you're committing to work with someone for up to 6 + years, it makes sense to meet for the prof's and student's sake. 

I need some advice, have people been reaching out to their POI via email if they haven't heard anything by now? I had a pretty good rapport with one of my POIs throughout the application process, and I know from previously accepted students that this week is usually when interview requests go out. Yesterday I emailed graduate admissions but haven't heard back, and I'm assuming they won't answer. Is this appropriate to send a quick email to my POI, or does it come off as annoying? Do you think I'll even get a response?

For context: I am talking about a pretty small clinical masters program that only gets 30-40 applicants per year.

Just now, mdmhfx said:

I need some advice, have people been reaching out to their POI via email if they haven't heard anything by now? I had a pretty good rapport with one of my POIs throughout the application process, and I know from previously accepted students that this week is usually when interview requests go out. Yesterday I emailed graduate admissions but haven't heard back, and I'm assuming they won't answer. Is this appropriate to send a quick email to my POI, or does it come off as annoying? Do you think I'll even get a response?

For context: I am talking about a pretty small clinical masters program that only gets 30-40 applicants per year.

Right, but this week isn't over. You shouldn't fret because it's still Friday-- there's still today. I would NOT contact your POI directly when it comes to this; it will not come off well. Always contact the grad coordinator--wait for them to respond. 

15 minutes ago, mdmhfx said:

I would wait to hear back from them. Programs don’t always notify exactly when they say they will- people go out of town, or can’t decide which students they want to interview, or there’s a snow day, or there’s a delay in processing applications. There’s no benefit to contacting your POI, just try to be patient. 

Edited by PsycUndergrad

@PsycUndergrad @Mickey26 Thank you both for the quick response, and for talking me off the ledge! I thought I had my nerves under control but I think deep down I had this date in my mind as a deadline of sorts. "Ok TODAY you can start panicking" kind of thing. I really appreciate the support.

2 hours ago, chopper.wife said:

Wooo!

School: University of Calgary

Type: MA/PhD

Date of Acceptance: Feb 15,  2019

Notified by: Official offer from Graduate Program Admin and POI

Congrats!!! Amazing news for you this week :) 

10 minutes ago, gillis_55 said:

Anyone else witnessing the vicious fight breaking out on the results page under the clinical search filter? Jeeeeeeze getting heated there! The things people say when they’re anonymous...

Oh yes, it’s been constant entertainment throughout the day. I’ve come to the conclusion that people have completely lost their marbles on here. Like, I know this process blows, but holy crap do some people need therapy before even starting grad school.