Fall 2019 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants!

FallGO

1 hour ago, pegpsych said:

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and need your opinion. I applied to U of Alberta's school and clinical child psych program. I see on this forum that some people got "rejection" emails mid last week. I didn't receive an email and my application still says "Under Review." I know this program doesn't do interviews. I'm wondering what you think this means? I've been refreshing my email like CRAZY because this is my top program.. I'm just wondering why I didn't get the rejection if I didn't get a waitlist/acceptance email. Does it mean they are still reviewing applications? Thanks! This is my first time applying and it's confusing haha.

You can call the grad program coordinator to check on your status/inquire about what part of the selection process they're in. Good luck! :)

7 hours ago, pegpsych said:

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and need your opinion. I applied to U of Alberta's school and clinical child psych program. I see on this forum that some people got "rejection" emails mid last week. I didn't receive an email and my application still says "Under Review." I know this program doesn't do interviews. I'm wondering what you think this means? I've been refreshing my email like CRAZY because this is my top program.. I'm just wondering why I didn't get the rejection if I didn't get a waitlist/acceptance email. Does it mean they are still reviewing applications? Thanks! This is my first time applying and it's confusing haha.

Hey! I am in the SCCP program. Last year, my application said "in review" until I received my acceptance letter on Feb. 20th. Good luck!

7 hours ago, pegpsych said:

Hey everyone,

Hi there, don't worry. I think it's actually a good sign you did get a rejection email, it means they are still reviewing your application. There is still HOPE!

On 2/10/2019 at 11:11 AM, Mickey26 said:

You can call the grad program coordinator to check on your status/inquire about what part of the selection process they're in. Good luck! :)

18 hours ago, AlbertaUndergrad said:

Hey! I am in the SCCP program. Last year, my application said "in review" until I received my acceptance letter on Feb. 20th. Good luck!

18 hours ago, Leafway said:

Hi there, don't worry. I think it's actually a good sign you did get a rejection email, it means they are still reviewing your application. There is still HOPE!

Thank you everyone for your kind responses and good luck in your applications! :) 

On 2/10/2019 at 9:48 AM, C_Lamoureux said:

Did you get an email? Mine still says under review but seeing as interview day is Friday I’m assuming it will be a rejection since I have not heard anything. 

Does your's say "under review" or "under consideration" ? 

On 2/8/2019 at 8:05 AM, nerdy_metalhead said:

Not sure if anybody here is interested in UTSC, but I heard back that t hey finished the first round of interviews, but they are still reviewing applications and offers of admission are still pending. Not sure if that means there will be a second round of interviews, or what, but thought I'd share. 

Definitely interested, and thanks for your reply. Still "Under Review" on my SGS

1 hour ago, unknownhero said:

Has anyone heard from McMaster (Department of Psychology, Neuroscience, and Behaviour) and from Western Ontario (Cognitive, Developmental, and Brain Sciences)? I know this is a clinical group, but maybe somebody has applied for those departments as well. 

McMaster's PNB interview day was on Friday and Saturday, but they still take applicants even without interview day (contacted by an individual POI).

Edited by Desperate Clinical

1 hour ago, vandelay11 said:

For those still waiting on OISE CCP, I was emailed by a POI over the weekend and had an interview over the phone today, so they are still sending out interviews! 

Hello! Congrats on the interview! Can you DM me your POI?

Hi all! I am wondering if anyone has been waitlisted for U of Calgary or U of Regina yet? I haven't heard anything from them so just wanting to see if there is still a shred of hope haha. 

2 minutes ago, milotic said:

Hi all! I am wondering if anyone has been waitlisted for U of Calgary or U of Regina yet? I haven't heard anything from them so just wanting to see if there is still a shred of hope haha. 

UCalgary profs will be making decisions this week! :)

11 minutes ago, Psych_JJay said:

I feel neglected...

Nice meeting you too--welcome to the grad cafe cult! 

8 minutes ago, chopper.wife said:

wat is going on?! Can't tell but want to be filled in haha

Little grad cafe user (and creepers) meet up at Ryerson!

Edited by higaisha

Woah!! Unexpected timing! AHHHH

School: Simon Fraser University

Concentration: Clinical Child Psychology 

Type: MA

Date of acceptance: informal acceptance - Feb 11, 2019

Notified by: Personal e-mail from POI