Did anyone apply to UCR’s School Psych PhD program, and if so, have you heard back from them about an interview? In past years, they’ve held interviews at the end of January, so I’m thinking they’ve already had it. 

4 hours ago, julissareads said:

Ah ok so I was contacted a while back for an interview, & I decided to go for the Zoom interview. At the time, they told me they didn’t have the schedules out yet for the Zoom interviews, but they would be between Feb 11 - 28, & they would contact me later with more info. I replied back with a simple thanks and to keep me updated, but I haven’t heard from them since.

Basically, my question is: did they contact you first for the Zoom interview? When did they tell you about your Zoom interview?

I did the same thing a few weeks ago and was just emailed by Dr. Missall on Thursday, where she asked me to pick from a list of times she had available. I think each of the faculty members are coordinating their own interviews, so if you didn't hear from her, you might be interviewed by another professor who hasn't reached out yet. I wouldn't worry, but you could always ask for an update if you're concerned.

Edited by sureinporcelain

On 2/5/2019 at 11:15 PM, Schoolpsyched4aPhD said:

Update....

Denied from KU, placed on waitlist for UO, and still waiting to hear back from UF :( my interview with DU is this week, so i am excited for that. 

Another update! 

Didn't hear back from UF, so I called Friday. They told me that i'm waitlisted and that i'm 2nd in line-- they also said that in the past they have gone into the waitlist and offered admission to students + that I had a decent chance since i'm 2nd in line. 

Interview at DU was AMAZING! I love them! I should hear back in 1-2 weeks *fingers crossed*

I just called James Madison University regarding their Combined Clinical and School Psychology PsyD program. They mentioned they will be reviewing applications today and should be reaching out for interviews between this afternoon and tomorrow. The person I spoke to also mentioned that the process took a little longer than usual this year because they received a higher number of applicants compared to previous years and that this is by far one of the most competitive years. 

7 hours ago, ASDadvocate said:

I just called James Madison University regarding their Combined Clinical and School Psychology PsyD program. They mentioned they will be reviewing applications today and should be reaching out for interviews between this afternoon and tomorrow. The person I spoke to also mentioned that the process took a little longer than usual this year because they received a higher number of applicants compared to previous years and that this is by far one of the most competitive years. 

Got invited!! So excited!

Hi! I've been lurking on gradcafe since the start of this application cycle, but this is my first post. 

A couple things: 1) does anyone know if Berkeley is done accepting grad students? & 2) @julissareads I heard UCR had their interview day on January 28th this year ? 

On 2/12/2019 at 3:40 PM, 100101 said:

Hi! I've been lurking on gradcafe since the start of this application cycle, but this is my first post. 

A couple things: 1) does anyone know if Berkeley is done accepting grad students? & 2) @julissareads I heard UCR had their interview day on January 28th this year ? 

Yeaaa that’s what I thought. Turns out they didn’t get my transcripts but never told me until I asked, so I just resent my transcripts. They said thank you, but idk if it’s too late at this point or if I’ll just be put on a waitlist or something. I have an interview with Washington next week though & have my acceptance from Berkeley, so I’m not too upset.

On 2/10/2019 at 2:01 PM, sureinporcelain said:

I did the same thing a few weeks ago and was just emailed by Dr. Missall on Thursday, where she asked me to pick from a list of times she had available. I think each of the faculty members are coordinating their own interviews, so if you didn't hear from her, you might be interviewed by another professor who hasn't reached out yet. I wouldn't worry, but you could always ask for an update if you're concerned.

Turns out I got an email about times on Thursday as well, but it went to my junk mail ahaaa. Thanks though :)

15 hours ago, wannabeschoolpsych said:

Update: I got waitlisted at both NAU and U of Memphis... kind of sad but kind of grateful? I’m hoping for the best. ?

I'm very sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you'll get off that waitlist!  Have you considered getting the EdS first and then going for the Ph.D.? I think there are still EdS programs that are accepting applications. 

On 12/10/2018 at 8:43 AM, kaimcc22520 said:

I've applied to University of Texas at Austin, Texas A&M University, Louisiana State University, University of South Carolina, North Carolina State University, and University of Virginia.(all Ph.D. programs). I just received an invitation to interview at University of South Carolina. 

Hi there,

1. Did you hear back from the University of South Carolina yet? I was there too but nothing so far...

(2. Did you interview at both the University of South Carolina and LSU? )

Edited by today.is.not.the.day
-

2 hours ago, schoolpsychapplicantmd said:

Did anyone apply or hear anything from Towson? Their deadline was 1/15 and the FAQ says interviews invitations will be extended by the end of this month with interviews being held late Feb or March. I was feeling pretty confident about an interview but I haven't heard anything yet...

Hi! I was at another school's interview the other day and Towson came up, apparently they don't send interview invites until late feb or early march! 

10 hours ago, lp1016 said:

Hi! I was at another school's interview the other day and Towson came up, apparently they don't send interview invites until late feb or early march! 

Thank you!! That makes me a feel more confident. idk if there are any other Towson applicants here but I will be sure to update with my results if I hear anything.

On 2/14/2019 at 7:43 AM, RTIAssessmentsandIEPsOhmy said:

I'm very sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you'll get off that waitlist!  Have you considered getting the EdS first and then going for the Ph.D.? I think there are still EdS programs that are accepting applications. 

Thank you! I have considered it actually! I’m interested in Memphis’s program but haven’t looked into others. Do you have any recommendations of programs?

Hi, has anyone heard back about admissions decisions at the University of Houston? The interview was on January 25, so I am starting to get anxious to receive a decision. I know a few other people who applied, and they haven't heard either. 

Good luck to everyone!

On 2/14/2019 at 11:05 AM, today.is.not.the.day said:

Hi there,

1. Did you hear back from the University of South Carolina yet? I was there too but nothing so far...

(2. Did you interview at both the University of South Carolina and LSU? )

I have heard nothing from University of South Carolina. At this point, I have to assume it's a no unless other applicants decline. 

I did interview at both USC and LSU (as well as TAMU and NCSU for anyone else I might have met without knowing!). Were you also at the LSU interview? With M.K. as the POI?

On 2/3/2019 at 8:39 PM, schoolpsyched4 said:

So once you are an NCSP (National Certified School Psychologist), it is very easy to move between states. I looked at the AZ requirements and they will license non-US citizens so thats great news. I'm sure there are a lot of other states that will too. As for being bilingual, there are many programs in Spanish....I don't know of any in Mandarin. But once you go through your program, you can research which tests are in Mandarin and then give them. The program will teach you how to learn new tests so you could teach yourself how to give one in Mandarin. Mandarin isn't as widely used as Spanish but I think it is used in larger cities with higher Chinese populations. I am originally from Chicago and it is more commonly spoken there. Also, San Francisco has a large Chinese population. NYC might...I haven't been. It is just a great asset to have because there may be parents and children that don't speak English. Good luck!!!

Hello, 

My program offers a bilingual track  (and in it) all you have to do is show proficiency in Manderian by passing a state test. See if the state your applying to offer certification training for bilingual in order to get certified as a bilingual school psychologist.

Some programs might say bilingual only for Spanish but check the program and ask if other languages can be offered for the bilingual track.

2 hours ago, kaimcc22520 said:

I have heard nothing from University of South Carolina. At this point, I have to assume it's a no unless other applicants decline. 

I did interview at both USC and LSU (as well as TAMU and NCSU for anyone else I might have met without knowing!). Were you also at the LSU interview? With M.K. as the POI?

I'll send you a pm ?

Hi guys,

I'm pretty late to the party but I thought I'd contribute. I'm applying for both Ed.S and Psy.S programs in School Psychology. I applied to Grand Valley State University, Michigan State, University of Toledo, Central Michigan University, Wayne State University, and Ball State. At the beginning of February, I completed all of my interviews in a 2-week time frame. I interviewed at Central Michigan, Grand Valley, Wayne State, and the University of Toledo. I was rejected already from Central Michigan, Michigan State, and Ball. Still waiting on Wayne and GVSU. I was accepted to the University of Toledo this week, and I'm am super excited! It was my first choice after Michigan State's rejection. I was very impressed with their program and the students and staff were awesome.

My interview at Wayne was atrocious, they were super nasty and rude. I understand that in some interviews they really grill you, but they became very rude midway through. I don't plan on waiting for their response, I'm figuring it is a no at this point. Would love to hear if anyone else has interviewed with them, my friend is supposed to for the same program but might cancel because of the disorganization of it all. 

I wish I would have found this forum sooner! It would have been great for those grad school admissions worries. 

20 minutes ago, gingergenius said:

Hi guys,

I'm pretty late to the party but I thought I'd contribute. I'm applying for both Ed.S and Psy.S programs in School Psychology. I applied to Grand Valley State University, Michigan State, University of Toledo, Central Michigan University, Wayne State University, and Ball State. At the beginning of February, I completed all of my interviews in a 2-week time frame. I interviewed at Central Michigan, Grand Valley, Wayne State, and the University of Toledo. I was rejected already from Central Michigan, Michigan State, and Ball. Still waiting on Wayne and GVSU. I was accepted to the University of Toledo this week, and I'm am super excited! It was my first choice after Michigan State's rejection. I was very impressed with their program and the students and staff were awesome.

My interview at Wayne was atrocious, they were super nasty and rude. I understand that in some interviews they really grill you, but they became very rude midway through. I don't plan on waiting for their response, I'm figuring it is a no at this point. Would love to hear if anyone else has interviewed with them, my friend is supposed to for the same program but might cancel because of the disorganization of it all. 

I wish I would have found this forum sooner! It would have been great for those grad school admissions worries. 

Congrats on your acceptance! That's so great!

I don't have any input about Wayne State's interview (I didn't apply), BUT I will say that I got into one program last year and I chose not to go because I was really turned off by the way everyone was acting on interview day. I won't name the program, but it sucks because I think sometimes they forget that you're also there to scope them out and see if you could see yourself working with the faculty and students. Usually interview days can even seem fake if everyone is slapping on a happy attitude, but it's pretty telling if they're being rude and nasty. If your friend is interested in the program, I don't think it would hurt if they still went to the interview. Maybe there were some other factors that contributed to your bad interview day and they will have pulled it together by the time your friend goes.

2 hours ago, sun&stars said:

Congrats on your acceptance! That's so great!

I don't have any input about Wayne State's interview (I didn't apply), BUT I will say that I got into one program last year and I chose not to go because I was really turned off by the way everyone was acting on interview day. I won't name the program, but it sucks because I think sometimes they forget that you're also there to scope them out and see if you could see yourself working with the faculty and students. Usually interview days can even seem fake if everyone is slapping on a happy attitude, but it's pretty telling if they're being rude and nasty. If your friend is interested in the program, I don't think it would hurt if they still went to the interview. Maybe there were some other factors that contributed to your bad interview day and they will have pulled it together by the time your friend goes.

Thank you! Yeah that is so true. I know that after I left the interview I wrote them off completely. While I understand it is proper protocol to reach out and thank interviewers for taking the time to interview you, I decided to not thank them at all. I felt terrible the day of that interview. From what I understand, the day that school was supposed to present their program at my current school (MSU), the faculty members sent two first year students instead of showing up themselves. Which I understand that professors can be busy, but they have enough staff that at least one person could show up for it. According to my friend, the two students seemed unhappy and did not have much to say about the program, so I guess I saved myself a lot of pain.

I know in my interview they kept talking about people dropping out, and I wonder if this happened right before my interview.