Applying to Munk 2019, NPSIA, GSPIA, BSIA etc.

snowflake96

IN AT MUNK!! I have been waiting so long to be able to post this. 3k scholarship from them. Stats: 81.5% average, extensive EC's, 4LOR's. I really did not think I would be able to do this or get in. To anyone out there reading this, YOU CAN DO IT. Just work hard. Congrats to everyone else and good luck to all (MPP not MGA)

5 minutes ago, StefonDiggs14 said:

IN AT MUNK!! I have been waiting so long to be able to post this. 3k scholarship from them. Stats: 81.5% average, extensive EC's, 4LOR's. I really did not think I would be able to do this or get in. To anyone out there reading this, YOU CAN DO IT. Just work hard. Congrats to everyone else and good luck to all (MPP not MGA)

Did you get an email? Is it the MGA or a collaborative program?

Edited by snowflake96

1 hour ago, eyeb said:

@pokegenie @revalith @chloe123 If you dont mind me asking what area are your specializations  (anyone else that has been accepted please feel free to respond) ?

No problem. I was accepted to International Economic Policy. How about you?

Edited by pokegenie

31 minutes ago, iageek said:

Will be declining my acceptance to NPSIA and $14k in funding, I hope this clears up a spot and funding for those of you whose top choice is NPSIA.

Which school are you accepting? if you don't mind me asking

Edited by pokegenie

On 2/27/2019 at 2:07 PM, mppa said:

I just received an offer of admission for International Public Policy at Balsillie!!

Might be seeing you there! Currently finishing my undergrad at UWaterloo. Are you going to open house next week?

15 hours ago, eyeb said:

I don't think that means it has been rejected. They would most likely notify you if they were no longer considering your application. Just stay positive, it's a really busy time for them. 

Thank you for the reply :)

13 hours ago, KChiney said:

Might be seeing you there! Currently finishing my undergrad at UWaterloo. Are you going to open house next week?

Congratulations!...I just got a call from Waterloo...was offered admission into the MAGG program with full funding (not sure what the total will be $$$ wise but still grateful)..

2 hours ago, poutinead said:

Congratulations!...I just got a call from Waterloo...was offered admission into the MAGG program with full funding (not sure what the total will be $$$ wise but still grateful)..

Congratulations! I am happy to hear they are already sending out admissions, sometimes they are notorious for being late to the game with offers ( like early/mid April). I also applied for MAGG and will be crossing my fingers today/tomorrow to hear from them.

'Full funding' from BSIA generally means that in exchange for approx. 10 hours/week of RA-style work with CIGI, your tuition is covered (sometimes + a lil extra, that bit is unclear to me). Anyway, congrats - it's an awesome program and likely my top choice! Is it your top choice as well?

16 hours ago, KChiney said:

Unfortunately not due to work :( and congrats to you!

30 minutes ago, Timbit said:

Congratulations! I am happy to hear they are already sending out admissions, sometimes they are notorious for being late to the game with offers ( like early/mid April). I also applied for MAGG and will be crossing my fingers today/tomorrow to hear from them.

'Full funding' from BSIA generally means that in exchange for approx. 10 hours/week of RA-style work with CIGI, your tuition is covered (sometimes + a lil extra, that bit is unclear to me). Anyway, congrats - it's an awesome program and likely my top choice! Is it your top choice as well?

Yes it is likely my top choice...I live in Toronto now so Munk is easier on the housing/adjustment front...but the sticker price and the potential lack of funding will be a challenge (and I haven't even been admitted yet) to wrestle with...still I have heard only good things about BSIA so it will be a VERY tough choice with academic and non academic factors at play...

I grew up in Waterloo (high school and first undergrad) but that was a LONG time ago...still its like going home..

On 3/5/2019 at 11:58 AM, pokegenie said:

Do they give TAships once you start courses in the University? My funding is kind of underwhelming. I haven't received any TA or RA, considering I have no background can't complain. But all scholarships combined, I have 14k (available only for the first year, nothing on second year was included). So I was wondering if you can personally go and apply for a TA or RA once you finish a semester or two.

You can definitely apply in September, they send out an email. PhD students are the ones with guaranteed TAships and depending on how big your cohort is you are almost always guaranteed a TA position as a graduate student. They almost always need TA's so they typically see grad students as qualified lol. 

Just now, CaptinCaptin said:

Hey guys! congrats to everyone that has gotten in !!!! Im just wondering, has anyone heard when admissions will go out for the MGA program at Munk? I am aware that the MPP has begun accepting students but I have not heard anything for the MGA. Thanks!

This has been mentioned in earlier posts but Munk has advised that its MGA decisions will be communicated towards the end of the month...possibly spilling over into April.  Why so late? Not sure.  

11 hours ago, poutinead said:

Amazing!! I know a few people in at the MAGG program and they love it! And I found out my admission is fully funded too cause of the fellowship! It's an amazing feeling for sure, congrats to you and hope to see you at BSIA ;) 

2 hours ago, poutinead said:

I am now waiting the letter (the whole lets see it in actual writing thing)...lots to think about over the new few days...now just waaaiiiiitng on Munk

Also waiting on the letter, I keep staring at the email from Laurier cause I'm in shock

11 hours ago, KChiney said:

Amazing!! I know a few people in at the MAGG program and they love it! And I found out my admission is fully funded too cause of the fellowship! It's an amazing feeling for sure, congrats to you and hope to see you at BSIA ;) 

Congratulations on the full funding..I asked some of my professors for feedback on the various programs and they all had good things to say about BSIA...

image.png