Applying to Munk 2019, NPSIA, GSPIA, BSIA etc.

snowflake96

5 hours ago, I'mnotanxious said:

Could just be a mistake from UoT but these are usually mails that are triggered by the system. I got mine soon as I applied asking me to pick a residence option or something. Fingers crossed that your mails comes through! 

Just wondering, do they send out acceptances to international students after they're done with domestic candidates? So maybe, that could be why ours takes a little more time. 

Thank you for your answer :) I am trying to reach them by mail and phone but no one is answering me... Busy time I guess... I just hope my application has still be taken into account even though I received a JoinId (it does show 'under review' on SGS though so fingers crossed).

I don't think they distinguish between domestic and international students, they are supposed to treat everyone equally, but then 'supposed'...

3 hours ago, tinydancer1234 said:

Has anyone applied to UBC MPPGA program? Have you heard back yet?

I don’t think UBC’s MPPGA has released offeres yet. Stay tuned! 

Question about NPSIA RA/TA info: my acceptance letter said that I can find information about my funding package including “scholarship, TA, RA” on Carleton central in the funding section. But I only saw my scholarship amount listed in that section (not TA/RA stuff too). If it didnt say it on Carleton Central website, does that mean I only got a scholarship and not TA/RA stuff? Or do they not list that on the website? 

Edited by ubc123

image.png.827053e1d17be5904408813211fba9b7.png

Anyone still seeing this on their BSIA application?  I got a call from the Program Director early last week saying I was admitted but nothing official (as in a letter).  Just hoping a letter comes soon...I wont be able to attend their open house tomorrow otherwise I could have cleared up the matter (I could just call him again but that would be too logical)...

6 hours ago, ubc123 said:

Question about NPSIA RA/TA info: my acceptance letter said that I can find information about my funding package including “scholarship, TA, RA” on Carleton central in the funding section. But I only saw my scholarship amount listed in that section (not TA/RA stuff too). If it didnt say it on Carleton Central website, does that mean I only got a scholarship and not TA/RA stuff? Or do they not list that on the website? 

Your entire funding package should be viewable on Carleton Central, including any TA/RA positions you may have gotten! If they're not on Carleton Central, I'm fairly certain it means you just got a scholarship, but you can always email Tabbatha and double-check! :)

Spoke to the admissions office at Munk they said that "invited" can mean several things and that they will be releasing offers of admission within the next week or so. 

9 minutes ago, d00n626 said:

Spoke to the admissions office at Munk they said that "invited" can mean several things and that they will be releasing offers of admission within the next week or so. 

So if no "invited" means rejection?

23 hours ago, eyeb said:

Hi Friends! For those that are accepted into NPSIA I was thinking of making a facebook group. Would people be interested in that?

Let us know when you create it! That's a good idea

2 hours ago, millie97 said:

So if no "invited" means rejection?

You’re only rejected if you recieve a rejection letter. Every year students get admitted off the waitlist to these programs as late as August. 

Edited by ubc123

17 hours ago, ubc123 said:

Your entire funding package should be viewable on Carleton Central, including any TA/RA positions you may have gotten! If they're not on Carleton Central, I'm fairly certain it means you just got a scholarship, but you can always email Tabbatha and double-check! :)

7 hours ago, d00n626 said:

Wow well that would be super embarrassing on my end if I wasn't actually invited to the program as I told my entire family about my acorn status and have been secretly planning my future at Munk for the next two years... 

Edited by lily22

16 hours ago, lily22 said:

Wow well that would be super embarrassing on my end if I wasn't actually invited to the program as I told my entire family about my acorn status and have been secretly planning my future at Munk for the next two years... 

ME LMAO a big mood 

17 hours ago, ubc123 said:

How much does NPSIA’s program cost? Having trouble finding the details

I don't have the exact numbers but it's approximately 9-9.5k per year (the exact numbers won't be up on Carleton's website until a few months from now. You can look up the 2018 numbers though and figure in a few hundred more.)

Hey guys for those of you like me that are still under ¨review in progress by department¨ or some other designation for NPSIA. I just emailed Tabbatha and she said we should have final news by the end of the month or at the very least first week of April. Idk, at this point it would be great to be accepted but it seems less likely the more time passes :/