Applying to Munk 2019, NPSIA, GSPIA, BSIA etc.

snowflake96

19 hours ago, mppa said:

You can definitely apply in September, they send out an email. PhD students are the ones with guaranteed TAships and depending on how big your cohort is you are almost always guaranteed a TA position as a graduate student. They almost always need TA's so they typically see grad students as qualified lol. 

Thank you!

Does anyone know anything about these Graduate Fellowships at BSIA? Its on their web page but when I got a call from the Program Director advising me I was admitted he didn't mention anything about this.  Does that mean I didn't get it? Or do I have to apply for it? 

Edited by poutinead
wrong phrase

29 minutes ago, poutinead said:

Does anyone know anything about these Graduate Fellowships at BSIA? Its on their web page but when I got a call from the Program Director advising me I was admitted he didn't mention anything about this.  Does that mean I didn't get it? Or do I have to apply for it? 

Hi! When did you submit your application? 

20 minutes ago, ladenisse said:

Hi! When did you submit your application? 

I submitted my application back in December.  The admissions guy said I had 'full funding' but no mention of this 'fellowship'.  As long as I am I guess that's all that matter but it would be interesting to see what I'd have to do to qualify for this.

43 minutes ago, Munkie2020 said:

Hi everyone,
I'm a current Munk MGA student. Feel free to shoot me any question you may have.
Good luck with the upcoming weeks. The wait is the worst!

Has there been any scuttlebutt over the number of applicants this year or why there is/was a delay in the admissions process? Last year offers were made beginning March 9th.  Munk notified me via email (as has been mentioned a few times on this board) that offers this year would be sent out towards the end of the month.  For some of us that means having to either ask for extensions at other schools or risk accepting then turning around and rescinding the acceptance...

10 minutes ago, poutinead said:

Has there been any scuttlebutt over the number of applicants this year or why there is/was a delay in the admissions process? Last year offers were made beginning March 9th.  Munk notified me via email (as has been mentioned a few times on this board) that offers this year would be sent out towards the end of the month.  For some of us that means having to either ask for extensions at other schools or risk accepting then turning around and rescinding the acceptance...

I can tell you they're taking longer this year w applications because they fucked up last year and ended up with a 100/110 people cohort when they try to stay around 80 normally. They'll make sure not to repeat their "overbooking error" this year -- tbh it's flattering, means that people are less inclined to turn down their offers than they have in the past. I got my acceptance March 13 last year. Doesnt seem too delayed to me!

29 minutes ago, Sasa7777 said:

I just received an email saying I’ve been admitted to NPSIA, but for some reason I can’t access carleton central...

Its down until March 11th according to their website

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

Did you accept their offer?

I haven’t 100% decided between GSPIA and NPSIA but I think I’ll end up accepting NPSIA. I didn’t even think I would get in so I can’t pass it up tbh

Just now, Sasa7777 said:

I haven’t 100% decided between GSPIA and NPSIA but I think I’ll end up accepting NPSIA. I didn’t even think I would get in so I can’t pass it up tbh

Fair enough, was only asking because Carleton Central might be preventing you from logging on as you do not have "UCarleton" account yet. Their internal account used course registration, etc. However, if you haven't accepted then the above is not the case.

Best of luck on your decision, if you have any questions feel free to message me.

54 minutes ago, Sasa7777 said:

I just received an email saying I’ve been admitted to NPSIA, but for some reason I can’t access carleton central...

Congrats!! Did you get an unofficial offer towards the end of Feb? 

5 minutes ago, diplomaniac said:

Congrats!! Did you get an unofficial offer towards the end of Feb? 

No I didn’t! I guess theyre slowly starting the second round of admissions.

3 minutes ago, Sasa7777 said:

No I didn’t! I guess theyre slowly starting the second round of admissions.

Oh! Great news!! I suppose they’re being more careful with not going over capacity. 

12 minutes ago, v_vexed said:

I got accepted as well! Now I just have to make the tough decision between NPSIA, GSPIA, and EURUS

Aside from NPSIA I also got into GSPIA, but I'm leaning towards GSPIA more. Now waiting on Munk and SIDGS...

Edited by snowflake96