Applying to Munk 2019, NPSIA, GSPIA, BSIA etc.

snowflake96

3 hours ago, Chrisopps said:

Does anyone know where students usually go for coop in gspia and the percentage?

Check current students and alumni on Linkedin to see where they completed their coop, as for the percentage I doubt anyone has that information. Call the school and ask.

Also accepted to NPSIA (IIA) yesterday! Can't wait for Carleton Central to be back up to view the official admission letter and see if there is any funding attached.

Going to need to move from Montreal to Ottawa as well. Nothing I love more than apartment hunting.. haha. If anyone is in the same boat feel free to reach out, I'll likely be looking for a roommate!

I see a lot of messages here about 'funding'...just curious...and this might be a really stupid question...but what is the difference between 'funding' and a 'scholarship'? An admission offer is received said 'funding'..and it more than covered tuition (still left about $6K)..is that what makes it funding? Is it that it covers more than tuition?

Wow, Carleton Central still isn’t back up! The wait is so hard haha..

Also, if anyone has any questions about uOttawa, I’m finishing up my undergrad there right now, so I can be of help. 

Edited by Sasa7777

48 minutes ago, Sasa7777 said:

Wow, Carleton Central still isn’t back up! The wait is so hard haha..

Also, if anyone has any questions about uOttawa, I’m finishing up my undergrad there right now, so I can be of help. 

It's been up the whole time for me (current student.) Not sure what's going on there.

On 3/7/2019 at 10:21 AM, Sasa7777 said:

I just checked uozone and I’ve been admitted to GSPIA, I’m so relieved!

When did you apply? Still waiting to hear back

3 hours ago, revalith said:

It's been up the whole time for me (current student.) Not sure what's going on there.

It's not working for me either, I am supposed to set up a MyCarletonOne account but it says the system is down :(

18 minutes ago, KChiney said:

Anyone from BSIA MIPP receive the formal offer yet? I only received the email offer from Timothy last Monday.

I have not heard anything nor seen anything updated on my file from BSIA (it still says there is no decision on my application) even though I received a phone call from the Program Director saying I was being offered admission.  I don't want to be paranoid but..... ;-(

Hey guys!! 

If we haven't received any news from NPSIA by now, is that a sign to expect a rejection? It seems like second offers are rolling out and my status is still under ¨review by departement¸¨ but no other updates via e-mail :/

Congrats to everyone who got in, good job!!

43 minutes ago, poppy01 said:

Hey guys!! 

If we haven't received any news from NPSIA by now, is that a sign to expect a rejection? It seems like second offers are rolling out and my status is still under ¨review by departement¸¨ but no other updates via e-mail ?

Congrats to everyone who got in, good job!!

Hey there,

I don't think you're rejected unless they send you an email and tell you that straight up. I know its pretty nerve-wrecking but just keep waiting. They may wait for people to decline and then send out offers again.

Also, I was wondering if someone can help me make sense of the funding for NPSIA? They are only showing funding for the first year which is a 6k departmental scholarship and an approx 10k TAship. Does this mean I won't be a TA for my second year? Would I have to apply to be a TA in my second year?

28 minutes ago, v_vexed said:

Hey there,

I don't think you're rejected unless they send you an email and tell you that straight up. I know its pretty nerve-wrecking but just keep waiting. They may wait for people to decline and then send out offers again.

Also, I was wondering if someone can help me make sense of the funding for NPSIA? They are only showing funding for the first year which is a 6k departmental scholarship and an approx 10k TAship. Does this mean I won't be a TA for my second year? Would I have to apply to be a TA in my second year?

Hey, I received the 6k departmental scholarship but not TAship and had the same question; does this only apply to the first year and no funding for the second year? Also is there possibility of still applying for a TAship if you are not given one with admission?

To those applying to the joint MA-JD program between NPSIA and Ottawa, I spoke with Tabbatha at NPSIA today and she let me know that they were reviewing the joint applications this week and were hoping to have the emails sent out early next week. Hope that helps to ease stress!

4 minutes ago, twin1 said:

I think I got into Munk?? My Acorn dashboard just updated and is saying “invited” to register for the MGA 2019-2020. No email yet though 

Yeah, I would say that's a strong sign you got in! :) Nothing on my acorn dashboard ... uh oh ? 

1 hour ago, twin1 said:

I think I got into Munk?? My Acorn dashboard just updated and is saying “invited” to register for the MGA 2019-2020. No email yet though 

Yeah, that means you're in! 

PS: to anyone stressing - last year, my Acorn and SGS status didn't change until a few weeks after my offer arrived via email. Relax. Wait until the school gets back to you!

2 hours ago, twin1 said:

I checked last year's forum and yep, that means you're in - congratulations!

I actually didn't even realize what Acorn was and hadn't activated my JoinId. Anyway, I just did and it just so happens I am also invited! :)
Munk is mad expensive, so I am flattered, but not overly enticed unless the funding offer is solid.

I've been lurking for a while and just want to post to calm some nerves - I saw that people on the forum were "invited," so I checked ACORN and saw nothing.

Panicked for an hour refreshing the page and it just updated to show the invite... they're definitely rolling this out really slowly, possibly alphabetically! Hoping we get some kind of confirmation soon... good luck everyone :)

46 minutes ago, Timbit said:

I checked last year's forum and yep, that means you're in - congratulations!

I actually didn't even realize what Acorn was and hadn't activated my JoinId. Anyway, I just did and it just so happens I am also invited! :)
Munk is mad expensive, so I am flattered, but not overly enticed unless the funding offer is solid.

Update: Called Munk, they were super tight-lipped about what the 'invited' status means but only said that "emailed offers will go out over the next 1-2 weeks", so there ya go folks. Slightly earlier than they originally said.

OMG I also have 'invited' on my ACORN status for Munk's MGA!!! I was waitlisted last year and my acorn never updated so this is such an exciting moment for me!!! My last name starts with an S btw and I submitted my application on Jan. 5th (did not submit it super early). 

!!!! I'm so confused that they are tight-lipped about it?? Do I tell my friends and family I got in?? Lol 

But also yes, a lot of people who got into the program last year did not have their ACORN updated until official acceptances went out. So if yours hasn't been updated, I would not be worried!! I have no idea why they decide to update some and not others.

Edited by lily22

23 minutes ago, lily22 said:

OMG I also have 'invited' on my ACORN status for Munk's MGA!!! I was waitlisted last year and my acorn never updated so this is such an exciting moment for me!!! My last name starts with an S btw and I submitted my application on Jan. 5th (did not submit it super early). 

!!!! I'm so confused that they are tight-lipped about it?? Do I tell my friends and family I got in?? Lol 

But also yes, a lot of people who got into the program last year did not have their ACORN updated until official acceptances went out. So if yours hasn't been updated, I would not be worried!! I have no idea why they decide to update some and not others.

Where does one find the 'invited' status on ACORN? I don't see it...which worries me...perhaps I've been rejected..