Applying to Munk 2019, NPSIA, GSPIA, BSIA etc.

snowflake96

7 minutes ago, poutinead said:

Where does one find the 'invited' status on ACORN? I don't see it...which worries me...perhaps I've been rejected..

It is under the big "ACADEMICS" header. I was also accepted (officially, received an email) into another UofT program (2nd choice if I didn't get into Munk) and it also says "invited" beside it.

I really really wouldn't worry if your ACORN doesn't update. I know friends in the program and the majority of them said their ACORN did not update until after the official emails went out. 

Edited by lily22

1 hour ago, Munkin said:

Congratulations to all of you have have received an "Invited" (assuming that means you are in!!).

Could any of you share your stats if comfortable? 

91.5% last year

84.3% overall

I got my formal offer for BSIA however, still waiting on uOttawa. I'm set on BSIA but is it weird I'm curious to know about my admission decision to uOttawa even though I know I wouldn't go anyways? Lol

Hey!! Did anybody here who got into NPSIA with an RAship get contacted by their research faculty/director yet? :) 

14 hours ago, lily22 said:

It is under the big "ACADEMICS" header. I was also accepted (officially, received an email) into another UofT program (2nd choice if I didn't get into Munk) and it also says "invited" beside it.

I really really wouldn't worry if your ACORN doesn't update. I know friends in the program and the majority of them said their ACORN did not update until after the official emails went out. 

I also did not find it. If is it in the enrol& Manage column? 

8 hours ago, wot said:

Hey!! Did anybody here who got into NPSIA with an RAship get contacted by their research faculty/director yet? :) 

Hi! I got the email saying that I will soon be hearing from the research director, but I haven’t actually received a follow-up email yet.

14 minutes ago, chloe123 said:

Hi! I got the email saying that I will soon be hearing from the research director, but I haven’t actually received a follow-up email yet.

Okay good to know, thank you! Congrats on your acceptance!

4 hours ago, millie97 said:

I also did not find it. If is it in the enrol& Manage column? 

Nope! When you first log in, there are four white boxes that show up on your home page.  They say "Today's Timetable," "Key Sessional Dates," "Academics," and "Finances." 

Most people will see the following blurb under the "Academics" box:

Academics

You do not have any enrolled courses for 2019 Winter.

Enrol & Manage - Review your registration status, courses and programs.

Registrar, External link - Your first-stop whenever you have questions, concerns or are facing issues that are getting in the way of your success.

If you applied to a program, it will also say "Degree Registration Status." If you were invited, it would say program name and the word "invited" beside it in the Academics box.

Edited by lily22

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from MAGG at BSIA? I'm starting to get a little antsy, I have two offers on the table but I really want to hear from them and Munk before accepting anything. 

I get that its a tiny program, but Im going nuts waiting to hear from them as I know offers are rolling out ?

Just got an 'Invited' for Munk on Acorn. Haven't yet got an email so waiting it out. Also, I'm an international student so it's going to be so expensive, I might cry. 

Just a query, does anyone know about the jobs situation after the program at Munk or NPSIA? I get that a lot of NPSIA grads go to the government but that may not be an option for me since I'm an international student. Munk, on its website, boasts of 96% placement of its alumni. Is that a true statistic? 

Hey! I am an international student and I applied to Munk MGA but, going through the posts I realised that I never received my JoinId... Do you think it's a mistake from UofT or does it mean that there might be something wrong with my application? I'm freaking out... I've sent them an email but I'm still waiting for a reply.

Can someone from the ones who have been selected, please share the screen shot of there Acorn account. I have applied to Munk-Global Affairs, NPSIA and Queen's. I am an international student and have not received a reply from anywhere. I am super anxious.

3 hours ago, Henna123 said:

Can someone from the ones who have been selected, please share the screen shot of there Acorn account. I have applied to Munk-Global Affairs, NPSIA and Queen's. I am an international student and have not received a reply from anywhere. I am super anxious.

Here you go :) I wouldn’t be anxious - most students don’t have their acorn updated until after they receive an email acceptance! Not quite sure why Munk does it to some students and not others, but your acorn not being updated is NOT an indicator that you didn’t get in. Rooting for you!!

0E4BAD08-193C-46DD-953B-4C1830321815.jpeg

9 hours ago, Sweet_GradSchool said:

Hey! I am an international student and I applied to Munk MGA but, going through the posts I realised that I never received my JoinId... Do you think it's a mistake from UofT or does it mean that there might be something wrong with my application? I'm freaking out... I've sent them an email but I'm still waiting for a reply.

Could just be a mistake from UoT but these are usually mails that are triggered by the system. I got mine soon as I applied asking me to pick a residence option or something. Fingers crossed that your mails comes through! 

Just wondering, do they send out acceptances to international students after they're done with domestic candidates? So maybe, that could be why ours takes a little more time. 

1 hour ago, tinydancer1234 said:

Has anyone applied to UBC MPPGA program? Have you heard back yet?

There's a Canadian MPPA thread going elsewhere under the 'Government Affairs' section that probably has that info! I'm not sure this thread has as many people applying to that program.

Just checked my acorn for Munk and it says invited. Still no email though... and my name starts with D so if its alphabetical they are really just getting started.