1. The University of Kansas
  2. Utah
  3. Penn State
  4. The University of Arkansas
  5. Washington
  6. Wisconsin
  7. SLU

Thank You all and good luck ?

If you mean the University of Washington, I know of one person who had a Skype interview last week.

10 hours ago, Katherine P said:

I'm pretty sure that Utah's social psych invitations have already been sent out. I had a phone interview pretty early in December and last week the PI let me know that I wasn't invited to the interview weekend. The interview weekend is the first weekend of February if I remember correctly so I'm assuming they've already sent out invites. 

Thank you for this information! Greatly appreciated! 

On 1/14/2019 at 2:06 PM, a1chemists said:

I emailed Stanford and unfortunately they have sent out all invites.. I didn't tell them my name or the area I applied to, so I guess the whole department is done.

The exception to this is if you also applied to the Knight Hennessy Scholars fellowship, interviews for that will be announced tomorrow on the portal at 12pm PST

9 hours ago, nboehm said:

Has anyone heard anything from:

Washington University in St. Louis

University of Georgia

University of Texas at Austin

Thanks in advance!

I emailed UT Austin and they said that faculty are in the process of reviewing files and that I'll be contacted if I am offered an interview. Interviews are held Feb through March.

13 hours ago, nboehm said:

Has anyone heard anything from:

Washington University in St. Louis

University of Georgia

University of Texas at Austin

Thanks in advance!

I mailed WUSTL and they didn't reply back. But I know that their interview weekend is the 31st of January, so this silence is weird.

4 hours ago, socpsy said:

I emailed UT Austin and they said that faculty are in the process of reviewing files and that I'll be contacted if I am offered an interview. Interviews are held Feb through March.

Thank you!

49 minutes ago, Lucyshoneypie said:

I mailed WUSTL and they didn't reply back. But I know that their interview weekend is the 31st of January, so this silence is weird.

That's really strange they didn't at least get back to you 

1 hour ago, Lucyshoneypie said:

Same here ? been a few days 

For those who applied to WUSTL: I was in contact with my POI at the beginning of January and was told that invites would be sent out during the week of Jan 6th. I knew just from our email exchange that I didn’t get an invite but I think those who are being considered should have gotten their invites by now.

On the other hand, has anyone heard back from the Social Psych PhD program at NYU or from the University of Washington (Seattle)? I was told that the apps were still under review on Jan 7th by NYU, but haven’t heard anything since.

6 minutes ago, HanClee said:

For those who applied to WUSTL: I was in contact with my POI at the beginning of January and was told that invites would be sent out during the week of Jan 6th. I knew just from our email exchange that I didn’t get an invite but I think those who are being considered should have gotten their invites by now.

On the other hand, has anyone heard back from the Social Psych PhD program at NYU or from the University of Washington (Seattle)? I was told that the apps were still under review on Jan 7th by NYU, but haven’t heard anything since.

I haven't heard anything from U of Washington or UVa. Someone had a Skype call with a POI at U of Washington the other week but that's the only news I've heard. 

Would the person who had a phone interview at Colorado Boulder be willing to share their POI initials with me in a pm? Did they say anything about on campus interview invitations? Thanks!

Edited by Psyhopeful

12 minutes ago, Psyhopeful said:

Would the person who had a phone interview at Colorado Boulder be willing to share their POI initials with me in a pm? Did they say anything about on campus interview invitations? Thanks!

I am interested in the POI initials as well. Congrats!

Edited by gppsych

15 minutes ago, gppsych said:

I am interested in the POI initials as well. Congrats!

Congratulations!! I am also interested in finding out who the POI is

That would be me :) 

My POI emailed me yesterday to set up a time to call today (and didn't tell me what the call would be about...). When we spoke he invited me to the campus interview weekend, which will be on 2/21-2/23. Also asked me where I was at with the other schools I applied to. 

I'll PM his initials to those interested

Edited by Rachel321

9 hours ago, HanClee said:

I also applied to the Social Psych NYU program, but haven’t heard anything. The forum and results section haven’t had any information either.

16 hours ago, PhDHopeful18 said:

I also applied to the Social Psych NYU program, but haven’t heard anything. The forum and results section haven’t had any information either.

Just heard from a friend at NYU. Social invites are already out.

Anyone else get a second mass email from UC Irvine thanking them for their application? It was almost the exact email I received when I submitted my app, but this time it specified that applications are beginning to be reviewed. I applied to the Psychology and Social Behavior program.