2019 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

veldter

22 hours ago, aurlito said:

International student here, I applied to a couple of cognitive neuroscience programs and haven't heard a thing from any of them: 

NYU (cog psych)

albert einstein (Neuro)

Boston( cog Psych)

Dartmouth ( Brain sciences)

Rochester ( Brain and Cognition)

Uni of Wash (psych)

I have lost all hope... Does anyone have any news about these programs?

Einstein hasn't sent out all their invites yet so don't lose all hope for them yet!

18 hours ago, fearfulocelot said:

Just found a interview invite buried in my spam box, with a response deadline of 1/4 (UMass Amherst). Nearly had a heart attack. Check your spam boxes, everyone!

And holy fuck Gmail, why the hell?

Congrats! I also noticed that you got interviews from UR BCS and Tufts/Jax. My undergrad was at UR BCS and I was highly involved in the department (in addition, my undergrad PI is dept chair), and my best friend started her phd at Tufts/Jax last year, so if you have any questions related to either of those programs or lift in rochester and bar harbor feel free to reach out! I know due to recent controversies people tend to have a lot of questions about UR BCS. 

2 hours ago, cam27 said:

Is it safe to assume NYU and Columbia are done?

Also, does anyone know when BU is going to send invites? It looks like it was late Jan last year. 

BU should be sending out in late Jan, I currently work here and heard through the grapevine 

19 hours ago, a1chemists said:

I got mine from their graduate program director and it sounds like an official invitation (?). But both myself and my recommenders have a lot of personal connections at Dartmouth (one of my recommender graduated from the program director's lab), so I won't be surprised if they haven't sent invitations to others yet. I applied to the Cognitive/Cognitive Neuroscience specialization.

Thanks! I have connections with Dartmouth as well that's why I was a little surprised I didn't receive an invite. I applied to the behavioral neuro specialization. But if you got one from the program director I'm probably SOL. 

On 1/2/2019 at 11:51 AM, redgzb said:

Has anyone heard from Albert Einstein College of Medicine? 

P.S. got rejection from UPenn today, RIP :(

Is UPenn done?? I haven't gotten any interviews or rejections yet from any of my 6 schools ?

1 minute ago, FirstYear said:

Is UPenn done?? I haven't gotten any interviews or rejections yet from any of my 6 schools ?

From what I suspect UPenn is done :( I didnt get an official rejection, but considering they sent out two rounds of invites before christmas and since their interviews are in January its likely they're done... but there is still time to hear from other schools so don't lose hope! 

Help!!! What happens if you miss a phone call for an interview offer! I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I just missed a phone call from New Haven. Conicendently, I applied to Yale Neuro and did not think I would get an interview! Not sure if this was Yale, but weird timing since I know Yale is releasing interviews today. But no voicemail... Any thoughts?

4 minutes ago, lil13 said:

Help!!! What happens if you miss a phone call for an interview offer! I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I just missed a phone call from New Haven. Conicendently, I applied to Yale Neuro and did not think I would get an interview! Not sure if this was Yale, but weird timing since I know Yale is releasing interviews today. But no voicemail... Any thoughts?

they'll probably just shoot you an email over the next few days or try calling again another time

For those of you who received an invite for Yale, did your online application change in anyway? Also, would it be safe to say that Yale is done with invites after 5? Just super nervous...

and about Columbia, they seem to be all tracks and I was given the option to choose either weekend. However, I feel that they could be sending more! I wouldn’t give up just yet ?

4 minutes ago, neuronerd95 said:

For those of you who received an invite for Yale, did your online application change in anyway? Also, would it be safe to say that Yale is done with invites after 5? Just super nervous...

and about Columbia, they seem to be all tracks and I was given the option to choose either weekend. However, I feel that they could be sending more! I wouldn’t give up just yet ?

Probably a safe bet ☹️ In previous years they make decisions in one day, and try to get them all out that day. 

1 hour ago, _kb said:

BU should be sending out in late Jan, I currently work here and heard through the grapevine 

Thanks for the info! Do you have any idea whenabouts the interview will be? I assume quite late since they send invites so late, but I really like the BU program and don't want to miss the chance to interview.

52 minutes ago, lil13 said:

They would call back I think - I initially ignored my call since the number was from missouri and then they called again

15 minutes ago, fearfulocelot said:

Thanks for the info! Do you have any idea whenabouts the interview will be? I assume quite late since they send invites so late, but I really like the BU program and don't want to miss the chance to interview.

No problem! I heard from someone else on here that the dates are feb 25-27 

16 minutes ago, FirstYear said:

Is this everyone's first time applying to graduate school? Are some of you applying for the second (or more) time?

First time! 

1 minute ago, lil13 said:

Thanks for the help on the missed call everyone! They called back and indeed offered an interview.? high key shocked as I've never taken a formal neuro course and am still in undergrad, studying applied math (thesis work in comp neuro)

congratulations!!!! see you there :)