Jump to content
letsgetclinicalclinical

I is stressed *Non-Judgmental Space for PhD Applicants*

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

The senioritis is so real. I'm so antsy about doctoral program applications I'm noticing myself zoning out at internship, in class, at work..... Let it be over already!

I literally refresh this as well as my application portals to see if I've been rejected or accepted off of the waitlist instead of paying attention to class half the time, so I totally feel you. (Also I saw you're supposed to hear back from your top choice today, I wish you the best of luck!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

The senioritis is so real. I'm so antsy about doctoral program applications I'm noticing myself zoning out at internship, in class, at work..... Let it be over already!

I feel this so, so much. The senioritis is BAD. I wish this process would be over, and then I can focus on the last semester of my undergrad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brighteyes said:

I feel this so, so much. The senioritis is BAD. I wish this process would be over, and then I can focus on the last semester of my undergrad.

Same! I can’t do these pointless homework assignments when I’m constantly refreshing tgc. I want to lock in a school so I can stop thinking about it and study!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep refresing the results page on TGC and my email every 5 minutes to see there are any updates from schools post-interview. I dare say this is the worst part of the application process. Somebody. Please. Help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh. The portal for my top choice changed. I used to have a checklist with all of my items listed, but that went away today. Does that mean a decision is coming? I'm so stressed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

I asked my psych to up my anxiolytics because this process is causing my hair to literally fall out. Ughhhh.

Literally have my appointment today and get to express just how dead inside this process has made me and how I have become obsessive and anxious (even more than my diagnoses portray lol). I feel you so much right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly????? I'm so anxious???? I can't stop thinking about these schools???? I haven't heard from any of the 3 I interviewed for what the hell is going on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, pacogri said:

Honestly????? I'm so anxious???? I can't stop thinking about these schools???? I haven't heard from any of the 3 I interviewed for what the hell is going on 

I would upvote this x100 if I could. This is such a mood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

I would upvote this x100 if I could. This is such a mood. 

The BEST part about all of it is that the process can take up to April 15th!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for multiple posts but just checked the portal for my top choice and noticed that it has been switched from "Pending" to "Admitted" and I'm freaking out trying not to get too excited until it's email-official.  For all I know somebody checked the wrong box in some system...!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, yeahsouh said:

My landlord reached out to find out whether I wanted to renew my lease which expires at the end of next month. I informed him he is on my wait list. 

Literally the best thing I've read all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, pacogri said:

Honestly????? I'm so anxious???? I can't stop thinking about these schools???? I haven't heard from any of the 3 I interviewed for what the hell is going on 

did you reach out to them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have one last campus visit tomorrow and I'm super nervous - I feel like I've made a negative impression so far with the program, especially because they didn't interview me. I also don't even have a list of the professors I'll be meeting with, but I'm going to reach out to a current grad student to ask if it's just because I'll be getting that once I get there.

I've gotten like no sleep this week because of midterms & my research getting super busy too, which isn't helping.

I want to be excited but at this point I'm just tired.

Edited by EigenVictor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EigenVictor said:

I have one last campus visit tomorrow and I'm super nervous - I feel like I've made a negative impression so far with the program, especially because they didn't interview me. I also don't even have a list of the professors I'll be meeting with, but I'm going to reach out to a current grad student to ask if it's just because I'll be getting that once I get there.

I've gotten like no sleep this week because of midterms & my research getting super busy too, which isn't helping.

I want to be excited but at this point I'm just tired.

Good luck! That’s terrible that you don’t have any info on your interviews yet. Try not to stress, not having info makes them look bad, not you! I have two prospective visinext weekend and I haven’t heard a peep from either on schedule or arrangements, including the one that I’m driving to that is putting me up in a hotel and I have no idea what hotel or where it is! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dancedementia said:

Just got rejected from my top choice (Northeastern). I got the news at my job, in-between counseling appointments. I had to excuse myself to go ugly cry in the bathroom. 

This sucks. 

*hugs*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.