Interviews/Acceptances/Rejections Fall 2019

sociopolitic

4 minutes ago, SgtDonut said:

Yes!!! Congratulations bud! Great outcomes for you across the board :) 

I'm crying. I'm a first gen, dirt poor student who worked 30 hours a week throughout undergrad. homelessness, family deaths, the struggle was real. this means the world to me.

38 minutes ago, Koba17 said:

Anyone know the deal with CUNY? I saw two scheduled interviews with them a couple days ago but nothing else

I had an interview with CUNY a couple of days ago. It was informal and mostly wanted to assess interest in the program, from what I can tell. The program chair said decisions will go out next week.

20 minutes ago, socsoc19 said:

I had an interview with CUNY a couple of days ago. It was informal and mostly wanted to assess interest in the program, from what I can tell. The program chair said decisions will go out next week.

Thanks!  Do you think that no interview is a bad sign?  Or do you think it was more to address whether you'd accept if they offered?

1 minute ago, Koba17 said:

Thanks!  Do you think that no interview is a bad sign?  Or do you think it was more to address whether you'd accept if they offered?

I also had this interview, and he assured me that I was accepted "basically" just need to confirm with the administrative body that I am qualified (GPA cutoff met, for example)

I'm not sure what it means otherwise

Just now, socquant said:

I also had this interview, and he assured me that I was accepted "basically" just need to confirm with the administrative body that I am qualified (GPA cutoff met, for example)

Like, they already confirmed that there is funding for the visit day for me to come and everything

Just now, socquant said:

Okay, thanks!  CUNY is my last hope after some other rejections so I'm really hoping for good news from them.  Definitely a little on edge haha. 

4 minutes ago, Koba17 said:

It felt more like the latter. I wouldn’t say no interview is necessarily a bad sign; I wasn’t asked to provide much additional information. It was basically a “why are you interested in CUNY” 

1 minute ago, socsoc19 said:

It felt more like the latter. I wouldn’t say no interview is necessarily a bad sign; I wasn’t asked to provide much additional information. It was basically a “why are you interested in CUNY” 

Ah I see.  I guess it could go either way then.  It's really hard to tell with these admissions committees.  

1 hour ago, Koba17 said:

Anyone know the deal with CUNY? I saw two scheduled interviews with them a couple days ago but nothing else

I haven't heard from them either. I was hoping to get some news from them this week, but maybe next week will be better. 

Edited by SeijiAmasawyeah

28 minutes ago, socquant said:

Like, they already confirmed that there is funding for the visit day for me to come and everything

Oh what did they say about funding for visit day? I got “hypothetically invited” conditional on my acceptance (which was implied but not outright like yours) so I didn’t want to ask $ details. But travel reimbursement would be GREAT.

3 minutes ago, socsoc19 said:

Oh what did they say about funding for visit day? I got “hypothetically invited” conditional on my acceptance (which was implied but not outright like yours) so I didn’t want to ask $ details. But travel reimbursement would be GREAT.

Hey. Yeah, I straight forwardly told them I was a low income student and wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise. The professor said let me look into that, emailed me the next morning that it was possible to reimburse me for the round trip flight to NY