Interviews/Acceptances/Rejections Fall 2019

sociopolitic

Does anybody have any more information about Harvard's Joint Degree in Sociology and Social Policy? It seems like the Sociology admits went out already (but not the rejections) and that the joint program is still reviewing. Does anyone have information about how that process is done and how/when decisions are communicated? Thanks for any advice!

2 minutes ago, SgtDonut said:

So where are we all waiting to hear back from? I've heard nothing from Harvard, UChicago, Columbia, or NYU! Expecting rejections at this point.

Harvard, Boston College, Northeastern, Boston University, Brown, UMass Boston

Idk about you guys, but once all the results are in it's going to be weird not spending every second of my human existence checking my email, gradcafe, reddit, and grad portals. I'll have to get a life... I kind of forget what life was like before this. 

25 minutes ago, bandanajack said:

Idk about you guys, but once all the results are in it's going to be weird not spending every second of my human existence checking my email, gradcafe, reddit, and grad portals. I'll have to get a life... I kind of forget what life was like before this. 

Yeah, now I'm like what am I supposed to do all day at work?

11 minutes ago, SgtDonut said:

Yeah, now I'm like what am I supposed to do all day at work?

lol right? I have two monitors in my office and one of them is devoted to grad school stuff. And I don't use the other. Are you seeing the picture I just drew? 

Loving the posts about all of y’all refreshing gradcafe at work. Too relatable. I’m only waiting to hear back from Princeton (and Uchicago technically). I am guessing we will hear some results from Princeton by the end of the week, and the rest of the uchicago results at the end of next week.

3 minutes ago, markhame said:

Loving the posts about all of y’all refreshing gradcafe at work. Too relatable. I’m only waiting to hear back from Princeton (and Uchicago technically). I am guessing we will hear some results from Princeton by the end of the week, and the rest of the uchicago results at the end of next week.

11 minutes ago, bandanajack said:

lol right? I have two monitors in my office and one of them is devoted to grad school stuff. And I don't use the other. Are you seeing the picture I just drew? 

I told my work husband I am no longer allowed on grad cafe because it makes me crazy! He caught me on there this morning and threw highlighters at me (she says while checking site in ladies room).

2 hours ago, SgtDonut said:

So where are we all waiting to hear back from? I've heard nothing from Harvard, UChicago, Columbia, or NYU! Expecting rejections at this point.

Harvard Sociology & social policy, Princeton sociology & social policy, Yale, NYU, Maryland, Penn

2 hours ago, SgtDonut said:

NYU has sent out acceptances, waitlists(I saw one on results board), and rejections (with admission for MA prog.), and I got nothing yet. Feels like a rejection... Just got me thinking, why make us wait longer?? Are they preparing for a heartfelt rejection letter? 

2 minutes ago, Vldksh said:

NYU has sent out acceptances, waitlists(I saw one on results board), and rejections (with admission for MA prog.), and I got nothing yet. Feels like a rejection... Just got me thinking, why make us wait longer?? Are they preparing for a heartfelt rejection letter? 

Same boat.  Must be the infamous "ghost rejection" I've read about

1 hour ago, krombopulous12 said:

I can claim a ND admit, though I didn't post it on the results. 

Also, I can claim the UVA interview request

when did UVA send you the interview request?? I did not get any e-mail from them so i can figure it out by your response that i am rejected or not.

1 minute ago, beyzah said:

when did UVA send you the interview request?? I did not get any e-mail from them so i can figure it out by your response that i am rejected or not.

From his post it looks like it was yesterday. I did not get one. I hate to be so glum but my application for them was shit so I expect a rejection. Based on past grad cafe results from the past they may have another round of interview emails as decisions are made. Good luck.

22 hours ago, TheBunny said:

Did Brown really admit people because I did not hear back from Brown yet and the admissions office told me that the offers had not been made.

I'm not sure if you've heard something from them by now. The admit list was sent out to everyone in the department this morning.

1 minute ago, qeta said:

I'm not sure if you've heard something from them by now. The admit list was sent out to everyone in the department this morning.

Nope, I will assume rejection probably as usual