Interviews/Acceptances/Rejections Fall 2019

sociopolitic

1 hour ago, bandanajack said:

I was going to ask myself. Nothing from UVA. I know its only been a few days but its the longest they've gone in a cycle without sending anything out. Perhaps they don't do interviews anymore? As I ask this question I realize that they will probably send an email out literally any day or hour now, but just a thought lol.

Just looked at gradcafe data again and the only pattern I see is that they typically do interviews, then a couple weeks later have acceptances (with rejections coming out in between). But it looks like in years past they had secondary interviews and even had acceptances spill into March. None of this answers our initial questions of when the heck we will hear something, but I am bored and driving myself mental so there you go :)

I am sure that they will do interviews also this year simply because last week I e-mailed to dgs and they said they have just started to review the applications and then interviews and then results. I am hoping to hear from uv soc next week or last week of february. For Boston, also the same.

Just now, beyzah said:

I am sure that they will do interviews also this year simply because last week I e-mailed to dgs and they said they have just started to review the applications and then interviews and then results. I am hoping to hear from uv soc next week or last week of february. For Boston, also the same.

Sweet. Thanks for the info

6 minutes ago, awamba94 said:

I can claim one of Brown admissions! As far as I can tell, it was an automated email from the DGS. 

Congrats! Which subfield did you apply? I am all for gender and political sociology.

25 minutes ago, TheBunny said:

I saw one Brown admit on the board. Should I start worrying about it? I don’t think I can handle one more rejection...

feel this. good that my weekend has started because I don't want to go to work in this state of mind.

also, are all JHU results out? i spotted just one result on the board. 

Wow I practically had an anxiety attack opening the NU decision. Sad to be rejected as it was my top choice and I really enjoyed putting the application together, with some really cool offerings for Econ soc, and near to my friends, but relieved this is basically over for me now (except for Princeton which is not going to happen). 

Edited by markhame

2 minutes ago, markhame said:

Wow I practically had an anxiety attack opening the NU decision. Sad to be rejected as it was my top choice and I really enjoyed putting the application together, with some really cool offerings for Econ soc, and near to my friends, but relieved this is basically over for me now (except for Princeton which is not going to happen). 

I'm sorry to hear that. I know you were really looking forward to finding out (as was I). But you got into UCLA, right?! We should say hey at the visit day.

3 minutes ago, SgtDonut said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I know you were really looking forward to finding out (as was I). But you got into UCLA, right?! We should say hey at the visit day.

Yeah it’s no biggie I guess. I’m extremely grateful to go to UCLA. And I should probably make a change in my life anyway and move. Agreed we should say hi, I’ll certainly be there : )

1 minute ago, markhame said:

Yeah it’s no biggie I guess. I’m extremely grateful to go to UCLA. And I should probably make a change in my life anyway and move. Agreed we should say hi, I’ll certainly be there : )

For sure, haha. You live in Iowa? I went to school there (Grinnell) for undergrad.

I spoke with Brown btw, and they told me that official letters of admission and rejection would go out in few weeks. I presume that they are just letting know people who got admitted by personalized e-mails. 

15 minutes ago, SgtDonut said:

For sure, haha. You live in Iowa? I went to school there (Grinnell) for undergrad.

I am not from Iowa I have no idea why my profile says that. I think I applied to Grinnell for undergrad! But I’m from the Chicago area.