Final Outcomes

mithrandir8

6 hours ago, Marcus_Aurelius said:

I've accepted Yale, for the joint program in Classics and Philosophy (Classics track)

Declined Stanford and Toronto today and took myself off NYU waitlist

Congrats on such a great round of applications! Glad you were able to choose from amongst some of your top choices. :)

5 hours ago, philosophaurus_rex said:

Accepted my offer from UC-Davis. I’m glad to be done with this application season, and excited for this coming fall. ?

Yay, congrats! :D

26 minutes ago, Anti-Climacus said:

Happy to say I was accepted at my top choice today, and I accepted their offer.

Overall: 1a/1w/8r

This was my first time applying out, and I am blessed that I struck a home run on my first swing. Super stoked that I don't have to take that POS GRE again. 

Congrats! Mind letting us know where you are headed?

10 hours ago, Anti-Climacus said:

This was my first time applying out, and I am blessed that I struck a home run on my first swing. Super stoked that I don't have to take that POS GRE again. 

Congratulations!! That's great news!

23 hours ago, Anti-Climacus said:

Congratulations! :D

12 hours ago, mithrandir8 said:

Got the email that NYU isn't taking from their waitlist this year and sent my acceptance to Pitt!

Ah, a little earlier than last year, at least, so you're not left wondering until the end. :) Congrats on finalizing at a great department!

17 hours ago, AdamWaggoner said:

I've accepted an offer from the University of Michigan. Good luck to the rest of you in this incredibly stressful season!

Congratulations!

I'm super jeals

I turned down 3 funded MA offers in favor of an "outside the top 50" Ph.D program. I may have jumped the gun on accepting as my MA offers were not initially funded and I got off the waitlist for funding after I already accepted the Ph.D. I'm second guessing my decision, but I am happy to be paid to do philosophy for 5 years, not having to go through the stress of reapplying, and to be at a school where it seems like I am a good fit. 

I ended the season with MA: 4a/0w/0r and PhD: 1a/2w/3r (going into it I assumed I'd be 0a/0w/10r so even if I screwed up my decision I'm just happy that I wasn't shut out) 

Edited by elger
Felt like adding stats to be cool

On 4/13/2019 at 1:07 AM, Alex1995 said:

Accepted Columbia's offer today!

On 4/13/2019 at 3:01 AM, Sarpedon7325 said:

Just sent my acceptance to Notre Dame!

On 4/13/2019 at 3:46 AM, DeonticCowboy said:

Accepted an MA offer from Virginia Tech. 

On 4/13/2019 at 4:02 AM, AdamWaggoner said:

I've accepted an offer from the University of Michigan. Good luck to the rest of you in this incredibly stressful season!

Congrats all on some very nice acceptances! :)

1 hour ago, elger said:

I turned down 3 funded MA offers in favor of an "outside the top 50" Ph.D program. I may have jumped the gun on accepting as my MA offers were not initially funded and I got off the waitlist for funding after I already accepted the Ph.D. I'm second guessing my decision, but I am happy to be paid to do philosophy for 5 years, not having to go through the stress of reapplying, and to be at a school where it seems like I am a good fit. 

I ended the season with MA: 4a/0w/0r and PhD: 1a/2w/3r (going into it I assumed I'd be 0a/0w/10r so even if I screwed up my decision I'm just happy that I wasn't shut out) 

I feel like avoiding the stress of reapplying is definitely a powerful motivator. :D Sounds like a tricky decision to have made - congrats on making it, and also on exceeding your own expectations!