SSHRC Doctoral 2019-2020

displaynamesarehard

Just now, Threesisters said:

certainly no consistency on when you receive info and when results are released AND what university policy is on telling applicants. Anyone from the UofA hear from FGSR or their department? I received login before 9 am and still nothing. So no crying or celebrating this weekend I guess. And I suspect if these people are working from home they are not being efficient. Sigh. If you get results after 4:30 can you post so we still have some hope?  

Yes, I agree with threesisters. If anyone gets notice from now until Monday at 830 please let us know! I received my login email at 730 this morning and nothing yet either.

5 minutes ago, Sco said:

If that's true, so help me god. Realistically are they bound by strict office hours though? Not like anyone is actually at an office anyways. I imagine the purpose of the digital system was to accommodate for this.

I highly doubt anyone is working on this on the weekend. I just imagine some poor intern with a gdrive containing 3000 nearly identical folders, each with a separate PDF to be uploaded to a separate extranet site, mindlessly clicking 4 or 5 times per applicant, watching  Netflix in the background and thirsting harder for the weekend than any of us do to hear our results. 

40 minutes ago, leelof said:

Mind sharing what department you’re in if that’s ok? I’ve had my log in info since Wed and nothing and it’s driving me nuts ?? also at Concordia in Education

I'm in the HUMA program, but political science is my 'home' department where my supervisor is and my area of research. Hope you have an answer soon! The uncertainty of not knowing is the worst. Good luck!!

Received mine at 4:49PM on the extranet. Unfortunately, a rejection. Committee 3

So seems like some are coming out after 4:30PM. Good luck to those still waiting and congrats to those who received good news!

Just now, Nooooope said:

Received mine at 4:49PM on the extranet. Unfortunately, a rejection. Committee 3

So seems like some are coming out after 4:30PM. Good luck to those still waiting and congrats to those who received good news!

It sounds like Committee 3 is entering data as we speak.. thats two in a short space of time.

41 minutes ago, quiettimes said:

Yes, I agree with threesisters. If anyone gets notice from now until Monday at 830 please let us know! I received my login email at 730 this morning and nothing yet either.

Received my login info at 8:54 AM; got my results at 3:05pm. 

UofA

It’s been two and a half days of no results after getting my log in :( feels like torture. I’ll definitely post here if I get results over the weekend.

and to those waitlisted, don’t lose hope! I know 2 people in past years who got off wait lists and got the scholarship. 

Does anyone know whether one is referenced against other waitlisted individuals from your specific committee, or from all the committees combined? For example, could someone with a 12/20 get off the wait list for committee 4, but someone with a 13/20 not get off a waitlist for committee 5?

2 minutes ago, stressymessy said:

If it makes anyone feel better I never did receive an email for the extranet login...so my fingers are crossed for monday...or they completely forgot about me 

omggggg what is going ON ?

2 hours ago, Threesisters said:

certainly no consistency on when you receive info and when results are released AND what university policy is on telling applicants. Anyone from the UofA hear from FGSR or their department? I received login before 9 am and still nothing. So no crying or celebrating this weekend I guess. And I suspect if these people are working from home they are not being efficient. Sigh. If you get results after 4:30 can you post so we still have some hope?  

I have not heard anything from FGSR or my department (Art and Design), but I got my login information at about 10:30am, and results at 11:30 (from refreshing, no email notification for results). I was successful for a SSHRC Fellowship, committee 1. Best of luck, I know the waiting is torture! 

3 minutes ago, TurnLeft said:

So has anyone NOT received results besides me? Feeling so lonely  ???

I don't have anything yet! I keep refreshing the page every once in a while but nothing ever appears...

Just now, quiettimes said:

you're not alone! I'm waiting too!

Just now, Lexifer said:

I don't have anything yet! I keep refreshing the page every once in a while but nothing ever appears...

I’m sorry you’re both still waiting but I’m glad I’m not alone!!! Going to try to put it aside for the weekend and come back with fresh obsession Monday morning LOL.