Roll call: where are you going?

bac

It's April 15. Simple question, simple answer: where have you committed to?

I committed to the Master of Public Affairs program at the LBJ School at the University of Texas - Austin. I may try and do a double degree with the Community & Regional Planning program in the Architecture school after my first year. 

PS. If you are waiting to the very last second to decide and need advice, here's the thread for you!

I'm committed to Georgetown SFS' M.A. Asian Studies (Politics and Security) program ?I'll be headed there in 2020 after a Fulbright grant during the 2019-2020 academic year. I'll be applying for fellowships like Rangel and Pickering during my time abroad – I don't expect to get much merit aid from the SFS considering their reputation for being a little stingy. So relieved to be done with this process though! Congrats to all of you for surviving it. 

I'll be attending Berkeley's Goldman School of Public Policy for my MPP. Ended up choosing them over Harris last-minute when I attended Visit Day. Not only is the curriculum a much better fit for me personally (I'm interested in regional housing policy) but the tuition remission just for being a 10-hour/week grader made GSPP way more affordable than Harris, even after a 50% scholarship/cost of living differences.

For anyone else attending GSPP: I'd love to start connecting with the cohort! Wondering if there's some sort of Facebook group in the works, as it seems like past years have each had one.

Yale Jackson. I originally thought I had a tough decision due to a much better funded offer from the Keough School at Notre Dame, but after speaking to students from both schools, the decision ended up being a fairly straightforward one. Jackson also had wonderful resources after acceptance, from matching me up with a current student "buddy", making sessions from the Admitted Students Program available online, various webinars, and personal contact from people within the program, which contrasted pretty sharply with ND. 

• 2 weeks later...

Columbia SIPA MPA with a concentration in Human Rights and Humanitarian Policy & specialization in International Conflict Resolution. Very excited!