HGSE 2020

Leo Liao

9 hours ago, getmein said:

seems like someone got an interview invite. today is the day!

Would you mind sharing which concentration your friend (I guess) apply to? Yours is the only message I found in the forum that confirmed an interview invitation. It would be very helpful if you could let us know which concentration it came from. Thanks in advance!

Edited by hakunaii

1 hour ago, Lillie7 said:

Just checked the admissions page and it says " Beginning Tuesday, January 7, the Admissions Office will only be available by phone from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. EST in order to process and review applications more efficiently. If you have questions about the online application or are experiencing technical difficulties, please visit our Technical Support page for answers to commonly asked questions." (https://www.gse.harvard.edu/admissions/apply)

I don't know if it applies to emails, but the university is also closed on Monday. I hope you hear from admissions in the next half an hour if you decide to write to them/ I hope we all hear some good news soon. :)

I wrote to that askphd email, not sure if they are going to reply. I wrote to them previously, usually it took 1-2 days to hear back but I am not sure this time.

9 minutes ago, hakunaii said:

Would you mind sharing which concentration your friend (I guess) apply to? Yours is the only message I found in the forum that confirmed an interview invitation. It would be very helpful if you could let us know which concentration it came from. Thanks in advance!

I think someone(3 people) posted about the interview in the result page

57 minutes ago, Rosebud1313 said:

I suppose the waiting game has shifted the the Ed.M. referral for me now. Did anyone else apply for the referral? I applied for the Education Policy and Management program. 

I did not do the referral since I already have a master's degree, but I got into the EPM program back in 2016.  I decided against it just because of the cost.  I decided to go to a fully-funded program instead. 

13 hours ago, Lillie7 said:

Any news about interview invitations for HDLT PhD folks? 

Hello, I wrote email to them. The reply was quite tricky. I asked that if they sent out the interviews and if I did not received it, does it mean I do not have the chance anymore. It said that invitations have been sent to top applicants, but whether you are receiving it does not indicate admission decision. I think they are not answering my questions, but I think they did sent all invitations and if I am not receiving it, that means no. 

23 hours ago, amb22 said:

did anyone receive an email from HGSE with the subject "Applying for 2020-2021 HGSE Financial Aid" today?

for reference, I applied on 01.05 for an edm in hdp

Hey, I did not receive it. I'm assuming you did? 

How about the rest of the folks here?

Edited by EhCanadian

19 hours ago, Tanishadanielle said:

Completed the aid application today, I just need to work on the FASFA

1. Do you guys know if the amount you ask for OR the amount you can fund yourself/through family impacts your admission into HGSE?

2. Does anyone the acceptable lowest threshold for self-funding (e.g. if funding through yourself or family, the lowest acceptable threshold is likely 20%, 30%, etc??) 

Edited by EhCanadian

hey all, also have applied this cycle!

Program: PSP
GRE score: V: 165 Q: 164 AW: 5.0.
Work experience: 2 years abroad with Fulbright
Undergrad Institution: Ivy
Undergrad GPA: 2.98 (this is what worries me the most, to be quite frank)
LORs: 1 professor from my study-abroad institution, 1 professor from my home institution, 1 from my Fulbright Program Officer.
What other schools are you applying to: Columbia SSW, Brown, Northwestern

Coming out of the shadows here after reading on and off for months, want to introduce myself. I applied to the EPM program

Program: Education Policy 
GRE score: V: 165 Q: 154 W: 5.0.
Work experience: 3 years teaching (TFA + 1 extra year), 4 years with education nonprofit, 1 year as education consultant
Undergrad GPA: 3.398 , not great
LORs: 1 from former nonprofit director, 1 from grant partnership, 1 from current director (none academic since I haven't been in school since 2011)

8 hours ago, MaiaA said:

Good luck to everyone! Has anyone received an invitation to interview for the EdLD program? 

Hi! No one has. Should hear sometime between Thursday this week and next Monday. There's another thread, HGSE EdLd, which you can follow for more of us. 

Just wanted to wish good luck to the Ed.L.D. applicants here, and hoping for good news for you all on the interview front here soon!

Now just another 5ish weeks of waiting for myself and others for the Ed.M. decisions ?

Edited by mjsmith
Typo....my bad

10 hours ago, mjsmith said:

Just wanted to wish good luck to the Ed.L.D. applicants here, and hoping for good news for you all on the interview front here soon!

Now just another 5ish weeks of waiting for myself and others for the Ed.M. decisions ?

Seems surreal that we are now so close to hearing something. I know for many of us the wait for HGSE has been years. Now we're here. I wish all my fellow applicants the best of luck!

Edited by Anon1138