Fall 2020 Developmental Psychology PhD

justacigar

12 minutes ago, ssdevpsych said:

@cupidcello and @emotional 

I still haven't gotten anything from Cornell - no interview invites so I assumed rejection, but I also haven't gotten a rejection email. Any idea what this means?

Sometimes they waited till the end of the process to make sure. Because I know some people who got acceptance on first days of April. Of course, it is rare, but not impossible. 

58 minutes ago, ssdevpsych said:

I still haven't gotten anything from Cornell - no interview invites so I assumed rejection, but I also haven't gotten a rejection email. Any idea what this means?

Interesting.  I'm unsure of what that may mean, honestly. :( I wish I knew!  Maybe you'll get some sort of notification this week?  Maybe contact a/the graduate coordinator for the dept.?

2 hours ago, ssdevpsych said:

Not entirely sure, I wonder if you are on a short-list for the waitlist? Might be worth to ask the coordinator after the interview weekend happened?

35 minutes ago, livebythewater said:

Good evening, 

Has anyone heard from UMD-College Park, University of Connecticut’s HDFS, or NCSU? 

Thanks in advance! 

NCSU's visiting day is Valentine's Day! I know some of the psych tracks have sent out decisions but Lifespan Developmental is waiting until after.

On 2/3/2020 at 2:33 PM, psychpsychpsych said:

Interview weekend is this coming weekend, all interviews have been sent out. I hope this helps!

Yeah, once I saw that I figured it was rejection, but just confused about the lack of a rejection email. I talked to my current PI and she said it's likely I'm on a waitlist (since I had a really great Skype interview with my POI). I thought waitlists were only for after you interviewed, but she said I shouldn't be too worried. It's not necessarily my #1, so I'm not too worried, but I hate not knowing!

3 hours ago, ssdevpsych said:

Yeah, once I saw that I figured it was rejection, but just confused about the lack of a rejection email. I talked to my current PI and she said it's likely I'm on a waitlist (since I had a really great Skype interview with my POI). I thought waitlists were only for after you interviewed, but she said I shouldn't be too worried. It's not necessarily my #1, so I'm not too worried, but I hate not knowing!

Oh!  Do you want to let me know who you applied for? 

7 hours ago, devpsychapplicant2020 said:

To the posters asking about UW (University of Washington), I heard from one of my friends that she has got invited to the on-campus interview. PI: AS. 

Also, is anyone here also applying to Harvard? Any words from them?

Can I ask which program your friend is applying for at UW?

On 2/3/2020 at 9:55 PM, livebythewater said:

Good evening, 

Has anyone heard from UMD-College Park, University of Connecticut’s HDFS, or NCSU? 

Thanks in advance! 

UMD HDQM is having their weekend starting tomorrow