2020 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

Neuromantic

47 minutes ago, siguy said:

Just heard from the office that Brown will send out interview request in  the first week of January, which wasn't the case for last year

Do you know if that's only for brown neuroscience or for brown NIH-GPP as well??

11 hours ago, worried_sick said:

Looks like UC Irvine neuroscience invites are out. Does anyone know if they send out all mails together, or have a separate date for international applicants :(

My friend is an international applicant and she got her UCI invite email this morning

21 hours ago, pipettestan said:

This! I applied to 11 schools last year and got rejected from all of them. Got one interview so far and I'm already pretty happy!

Hi, I was wondering if you heard from UC Davis neuroscience program? Thank you.

13 hours ago, Claire_98 said:

Any international applicants here got any notifications yet? Is this week the final chance of getting interview before January? I cannot stop refreshing my email every ten minutes......

The same. I am an International student form China

I got an (informal) acceptance the the University of Nevada, Reno Neuroscience PhD program. I don't know why they made the offer so early. Has anyone else heard anything from UNR? I think I am an outlier.

7 hours ago, Neuromag said:

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your info and profile?

International, male, Nanyang Technological University Bachelor of Computer science, GPA 4.67/5

GRE V163 Q170 W4.5

Two years PostBac in National University of Singapore, research on prefrontal function in primates via single units recording

One 1st author under review (bioRxiv), one 2nd author Nature Communications, one 1st author conference paper (undergrad), and a few posters (SfN 2019 poster)

To be honest I don't think my package strong enough for MIT (unless my 1st author paper is published, which is unlikely this year). But the PI in MIT seemed to have read my preprint on bioRxiv and commented on it (thanks internet and tweeter!), so he probably knows my work. I guess that's the main reason why I could get a chance without any network in MIT and being international.

Edited by TC886

1 hour ago, TC886 said:

International, male, Nanyang Technological University Bachelor of Computer science, GPA 4.67/5

GRE V163 Q170 W4.5

Two years PostBac in National University of Singapore, research on prefrontal function in primates via single units recording

One 1st author under review (bioRxiv), one 2nd author Nature Communications, one 1st author conference paper (undergrad), and a few posters (SfN 2019 poster)

To be honest I don't think my package strong enough for MIT (unless my 1st author paper is published, which is unlikely this year). But the PI in MIT seemed to have read my preprint on bioRxiv and commented on it (thanks internet and tweeter!), so he probably knows my work. I guess that's the main reason why I could get a chance without any network in MIT and being international.

Congratulations! I think your profile looks strong, and sometimes professors like students with a computer science background.

Do you mind sharing what other programs you applied?

2 hours ago, Polar said:

Congratulations! I think your profile looks strong, and sometimes professors like students with a computer science background.

Do you mind sharing what other programs you applied?

Just received interview invitation from UC Berkeley as well.