2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Leafway

7 minutes ago, sunflowxr said:

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone's heard from the following schools: 

UTSC clinical 

McGill Clinical 

OISE Clinical (either children or the generic) 

Based on the results page it looks like some got an offer from UTSC (not sure if they've finished sending out all 1st round offers yet though)

3 hours ago, Penguin321 said:

I received an very generic email from someone in graduate studies at Queen's about a webinar. I haven't heard anything from my POI since before I submitted my application and I know others have received interviews, so i'm like 90% sure im rejected. Is this just a general email that all CGS-M applicants for Queen's get,regardless of application status (I haven't been declined, but also nothing else has happened)? 

EDIT: also, should I follow up with my POI? This is my first time applying, so I'm not sure if it's acceptable or not. We did share a few emails back and forth in October but nothing crazy. 

I applied to CGS-M at Queen's and got the email too. Last week I got an email rejection after the first round of interviews from the professor I applied to. I haven't received an official rejection from the school yet. 

10 hours ago, Yeye said:

For our purposes, it means the same thing ?

But it does mean that it wasn't necessarily that your application wasn't strong enough, just that there wasn't a good fit with the professors recruiting students this cycle. Were you in touch with a prof before applying?

I see. Oh well, it meas at least someone more suitable will find their places in the school so that's good :)
Well, I tried contacting them but haven't heard anything back... maybe it didn't go well from the first step...!

7 minutes ago, VanessaB said:

Has anyone received any updates about UAlberta’s SCCP MEd program?  I see the counselling program has started sending out notifications.

Haven't heard from SCCP Alberta yet!

52 minutes ago, SoundofSilence said:

oh? so is Ottawa already done making decisions?

Hmm, unfortunately I'm not sure, but they are certainly in the process of finalizing things based on the information I got. I encourage you to follow up with your POI if you've been corresponding or speaking with them. It sucked finding out I was out of the running but it is better than waiting!

1 hour ago, GradSchool378 said:

Ryerson applicants: Did anyone get asked by the program director to speak about their general suitability for the clinical program?

Was this since interview day? I’ve heard that the program director calls to give acceptances, do you think that could be what he means?