2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Leafway

2 hours ago, springxsummer said:

I’ll be releasing offers for  U of A counselling (thesis) And Trinity Western Counselling this evening or tomorrow as I’ve decided to attend somewhere else. DM me if you would like POIs. I hope this frees up a spot for someone on the waitlist  ?

I didn't apply to counselling but I appreciate you doing this for everyone else! Also congratulations for getting in to your top choice! :)

19 minutes ago, Psych 123 said:

I didn't apply to counselling but I appreciate you doing this for everyone else! Also congratulations for getting in to your top choice! :)

Thank you!! It's really rewarding for all of the hard work to have paid off. I hope that everyone who is still waiting to hear back will receive good news soon.

5 hours ago, springxsummer said:

I’ll be releasing offers for  U of A counselling (thesis) And Trinity Western Counselling this evening or tomorrow as I’ve decided to attend somewhere else. DM me if you would like POIs. I hope this frees up a spot for someone on the waitlist  ?

Congrats on your acceptances!  It sounds like you’ve made your final decision! ?

anyone else slowly losing all hope??

At this point it seems like I've been waitlisted at all the schools I interviewed at (one actually told me I've been waitlisted and the other two I'm assuming since others have heard back and I haven't). I know there's still a chance, but I'm definitely feeling a bit disheartened.... I'm struggling a bit with the personal nature of the decisions - I know there's a lot of factors that go into it, but when a PI and/or committee is deciding between multiple students (especially for clinical), obviously there's a lot of personal factors that go into consideration.. anyone else struggling with this? 

6 minutes ago, ClinPsyc20 said:

At this point it seems like I've been waitlisted at all the schools I interviewed at (one actually told me I've been waitlisted and the other two I'm assuming since others have heard back and I haven't). I know there's still a chance, but I'm definitely feeling a bit disheartened.... I'm struggling a bit with the personal nature of the decisions - I know there's a lot of factors that go into it, but when a PI and/or committee is deciding between multiple students (especially for clinical), obviously there's a lot of personal factors that go into consideration.. anyone else struggling with this? 

you took the words right out of my mouth. I have been waitlisted at 3 schools and I am having such a hard time with it and am also losing hope. I want to believe I will still get some offers but I really don't know if that is likely or not.

I was just accepted to York CD. I am still waiting to hear back from uVic, Ottawa, Guelph, and Dalhousie. PM me for POI initials for any of the schools I listed - I will not be accepting any potential offers that come from the other schools. I will be accepting York CD :)

1 hour ago, Aspiring_Grey_Area said:

I was just accepted to York CD. I am still waiting to hear back from uVic, Ottawa, Guelph, and Dalhousie. PM me for POI initials for any of the schools I listed - I will not be accepting any potential offers that come from the other schools. I will be accepting York CD :)

Congrats!

1 hour ago, ClinPsyc20 said:

Not sure if it helps any, but a number of years ago I applied for a MEd in Counselling Psychology, and I thought I’d get in for sure.  However, that rejection happened so long ago that when I joined this online discussion here, I actually forgot I ever applied anywhere before or was ever rejected from anywhere! ?

Anyways, during the year I applied to start a counselling program, not only was I rejected, but I didn’t even get an interview.  I was shocked!  After asking the committee about the rejection and reasons for it, they suggested I needed a stronger psych background (as I had a BFA and BEd at the time and only a handful of psychology courses).  That rejection turned out to be so great in so many ways, though I didn’t realize it at the time, and I was so crushed at first.  

Years later, I realized that I didn’t want to be a counsellor after all, and school psychology or a related field would be a much better fit.  I could’ve ended up with a masters in a field I didn’t even want to work in!  The rejection also led me to quit my full-time teaching job and go back to school to get my BA in Honours Psychology.  I met so many amazing people during my studies in psychology, and I had the most amazing experiences that I otherwise wouldn’t have had if I had originally been accepted to that counselling program.

I know being waitlisted may seem upsetting in the moment, but as your life progresses, I encourage you to try and see all the wonderful doors that have been opened to you because of certain things that have or have not happened.  So perhaps think of it this way...as one waitlist or rejection happens, one door opens.

12 hours ago, a display name said:

Received an unofficial acceptance from Windsor today! Hoping to see some of you at the open house ☺️

12 hours ago, SP2017 said:

Hey congrats on your acceptance to Windsor. Would you mind dming me your POI?

Me too please! I’m waiting to hear back from the adult clinical stream ?

17 minutes ago, Paris1045 said:

Also just received a rejection from OISE's SCCP program.

I was expecting it too since I didn't receive any interview invites from POI's. 

On the bright side, I'm glad that they let me know sooner than later so I can move on with my life ?

So sorry to hear that! :(