2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Leafway

1 hour ago, OnThePath01 said:

Hi all! Can the person who just posted in the results that they have just been offered an interview at Concordia let me know the POI. Glad to hear there is still stuff happening there. :) My hopes and dreams live on hahaha. 

1 hour ago, sparrow123 said:

I absolutely hate being the one to break it to you, but if you look at that result again, you'll notice that the interview invite was extended on January 20. Whoever submitted that result only added it today, but it looks like the interview was over a month ago :(

yeah, unfortunately I think things are pretty much wrapped up at Concordia. My friend in the program said that the admissions meeting was a while back and offers will start going out very soon (next week ish). 

38 minutes ago, PsycUndergrad said:

yeah, unfortunately I think things are pretty much wrapped up at Concordia. My friend in the program said that the admissions meeting was a while back and offers will start going out very soon (next week ish). 

No surprise I misread that--going crazy at this stage haha. All good! Thanks for the quick reply and letting me know. Might check in with the PI as I did have an informal interview there earlier in the process. Just good to be in the know regardless. :) 

1 hour ago, VanessaB said:

The QEII is now part of the Alberta Graduate Scholarship.  It was combined into one award instead of having multiple awards under different names.  I believe each university department has their own process for awarding these scholarships.  I recently reached out to someone at UAlberta to find out more.  Usually, you don’t get those until you’re in a program though.

Does this mean it is, in fact, different than CGS-M? I'm in the same boat haha and I'm very confused (although flattered) as to what this award I've received is!

2 hours ago, PsycUndergrad said:

I was just at Concordia Tuesday for my final interview. 

Edited by Now What

42 minutes ago, springxsummer said:

Does this mean it is, in fact, different than CGS-M? I'm in the same boat haha and I'm very confused (although flattered) as to what this award I've received is!

I’m pretty sure CGS-M refers to either SSHRC, NSERC, or CIHR.

2 hours ago, VanessaB said:

I’m pretty sure CGS-M refers to either SSHRC, NSERC, or CIHR.

34 minutes ago, chopper.wife said:

Yes, I believe QEII is different than CGS-M

Thank you for the replies! Well, exiting either way :).

On 2/6/2020 at 9:55 AM, logical_emotion said:

Anyone hear back from the University of Ottawa after a Skype interview? I had an interview in early January for Counselling Psychology at the University of Ottawa, and I'm starting to get worried because it's been awhile. 

I did not know that University of Ottawa does interviews for the Counselling Psychology program. Was this for the Masters or PhD? If it was for the Master's, was it for the MA or MEd? Thanks for answering and I wish you best of luck!

54 minutes ago, ClinPsyc20 said:

Could the person who posted in the results section that they were waitlisted by Ryerson please PM me their POI (if they feel comfortable)?? Thank you!

Me too please!

Woke up to an email that I am waitlisted at Ryerson. Not too disappointed as getting in would mean a cross country move which absolutely terrified me. If I end up getting off the waitlist, then I guess it is meant to be! POI is TB. 

4 hours ago, Psych 123 said:

Did anyone else here heard back from UofA SCCP program?  My friend is worried her application is still under review!

As far as I can tell, I’m the only person on here who has received an acceptance for UAlberta’s SCCP MEd program.  I believe my deadline to accept was March 9, so I suspect the school may send out a second round of offers after that date.

2 hours ago, Hell0 said:

Anyone here with MP as POI at OISE for SCCP?

If you’re talking about MP-B then yes, but I was rejected from SCCP at OISE, so don’t worry I’m not your competition. ?

I’m not sure if there’s anyone who is moving to Calgary for graduate studies and will be looking for a place to rent.  I own an 1182 sq ft townhouse in Calgary, but I’m moving to Edmonton for my graduate program in the fall.  As such, I’m planning on renting out my master bedroom room (or possibly two rooms as I have one roommate now who I rent my spare bedroom to, but she’s amazing and you’ll love her if she stays after my Edmonton move).  If you’re interested, pm me and we can chat more about it.

Edited by VanessaB

14 minutes ago, VanessaB said:

As far as I can tell, I’m the only person on here who has received an acceptance for UAlberta’s SCCP MEd program.  I believe my deadline to accept was March 9, so I suspect the school may send out a second round of offers after that date.

Does that mean they will see how many applicants will accept the offer on the first round before they send the second round? She's assuming she's waitlisted if she didn't get rejected on the first round ?

1 minute ago, Psych 123 said:

Does that mean they will see how many applicants will accept the offer on the first round before they send the second round? She's assuming she's waitlisted if she didn't get rejected on the first round ?

I have no idea how their process actually works, but that’s my best guess.  It’s possible she could be on a waitlist of some sort, but ultimately I can’t say for sure.  Acceptance dates could be dependent on supervisors too, but again that’s only a guess.

3 hours ago, VanessaB said:

If you’re talking about MP-B then yes, but I was rejected from SCCP at OISE, so don’t worry I’m not your competition. ?

Just MP :) I’m curious because her name used to be up on the list of faculty who are accepting students

2 hours ago, Hell0 said:

Just MP :) I’m curious because her name used to be up on the list of faculty who are accepting students

??‍♀️

So I found out yesterday I’m on the waitlist for Ryerson’s program which is great - considering I’ve been rejected from everywhere else. Does anyone know if waitlists are ranked? Also, what are the chances of actually getting off the waitlist and into the program?