2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Leafway

4 hours ago, BobbyB said:

Officially rejected today from OISE SCCP via a pleasant letter on the application portal

Sorry to hear that :( Do you mind sharing the initials of your POI?

Hey everyone! I just a question regarding informal acceptances. If your POI puts your name forward to the department for an offer and the department just needs to approve it, how long does this take and what are the chances that they reject the POI’s request for that student? 

2 minutes ago, clinpsyc000 said:

Hey everyone! I just a question regarding informal acceptances. If your POI puts your name forward to the department for an offer and the department just needs to approve it, how long does this take and what are the chances that they reject the POI’s request for that student? 

They POI technically can't tell you that it's for certain, but I have never heard of department's refusing a POI's recommendation so it's pretty likely that you're in :)

10 minutes ago, Psych_hopefulx said:

They POI technically can't tell you that it's for certain, but I have never heard of department's refusing a POI's recommendation so it's pretty likely that you're in :)

Ah thanks for your response! I really hope so because I got so excited but then realized that I’m *technically* not in yet since the department still needs to approve it ? still nervous waiting for that haha

4 minutes ago, clinpsyc000 said:

Ah thanks for your response! I really hope so because I got so excited but then realized that I’m *technically* not in yet since the department still needs to approve it ? still nervous waiting for that haha

Hey! Regardless, that is hopeful and exciting news! What school/program?

31 minutes ago, clinpsyc000 said:

I just had the same response today when receiving a letter of offer but then it said I am not "technically" in and it freaked me out. I am glad to hear that this means it is VERY likely I am in. Congrats to you too!

For anyone looking for a forum for Canadian masters of counselling, I made a post here to connect. I see a lot of University of Toronto (OISE) acceptances to the MEd program in counselling and psychotherapy on the results page and would love to connect with you! 

Edited by Willa

11 hours ago, Psych_hopefulx said:

Has anyone heard from uOttawa for final decisions for clinical? Someone put on the results page that they were refused via portal but mine still says "under review" 

I didn't get an email, but just checked the portal after you posted and mine says "Refused". Maybe you're on a waitlist?

52 minutes ago, Psych_hopefulx said:

Do you know if anyone received an official acceptance yet? 

there was a post on the results page with an acceptance. 

I just got the email to check the portal with "We’ve updated your admission file" about 2 hours ago. Hope this helps!

Just now, SoundofSilence said:

there was a post on the results page with an acceptance. 

I just got the email to check the portal with "We’ve updated your admission file" about 2 hours ago. Hope this helps!

Thanks! I saw that post on the results page but wasn't sure if it was an official acceptance or an email from their POI. 

20 hours ago, Psych_hopefulx said:

Has anyone heard from uOttawa for final decisions for clinical? Someone put on the results page that they were refused via portal but mine still says "under review" 

Yep just got my rejection... 

On 3/3/2020 at 5:07 PM, Psych? said:

How many applicants do you think had the opportunity to send an application to SD? The email said a "subset" of applicants but I'm wondering what that really meant. 

I also haven't heard anything but when I emailed back to indicate interest, the coordinator told me that 40 people have already indicated interest in SD. This was maybe 3-4 days after the initial email was sent out about SD coming to Ryerson. He also said that SD would be emailing people within the next 1-2 weeks hopefully (this was back in Feb). 

On 3/5/2020 at 12:00 PM, BobbyB said:

Officially rejected today from OISE SCCP via a pleasant letter on the application portal

Sorry to hear that! ?

On 3/5/2020 at 3:25 PM, Psych_hopefulx said:

I'm in the same position. I saw on the results page that several people were "refused." My application still says "under evaluation."  

On 3/3/2020 at 4:48 PM, Now What said:

I would be curious to know as well, perhaps the vast majority who received the email applied because offers had not gone out yet.

So excited. I got an email this morning saying I will be getting an offer from Concordia.