2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Leafway

43 minutes ago, foood said:

Has anyone heard back from York? Particularly from SF? The wait is killing me x.x

Hi there, sorry if I am the bearer of bad news but SF completed her interviews a few weeks ago and the open house was on Feb. 14th. I also applied to her and emailed her a few weeks ago to ask for an update.  

5 hours ago, sparrow123 said:

NO and it's killing me too :( My POI (not SF tho) said late February/early March so I/we might still have a week to wait, but I hope it's not that long. My nerves are completely fried. 

Edit: someone was accepted last week in the CD stream, but I think the offers are going out quite variably so I'm not panicked yet. My POI did tell me that he'd let me know either way (i.e., rejected or accepted)

Fingers crossed!  I am just so exhausted at this point lol.

4 hours ago, gradlady said:

Hi there, sorry if I am the bearer of bad news but SF completed her interviews a few weeks ago and the open house was on Feb. 14th. I also applied to her and emailed her a few weeks ago to ask for an update.  

Hi there! Thank you for the update, I think I might also email to her inquire about my status, if I don't hear anything by the end of next week

Rejected from Western, which I already assumed since I didn't interview there. However, I was in contact with a professor earlier on who said we had a great fit and encouraged me to apply to their program. Would it be okay if I sent them an email asking how I can improve my application for next time?

Edited by psyc2020
added more context to last sentence.

27 minutes ago, psyc2020 said:

Rejected from Western, which I already assumed since I didn't interview there. However, I was in contact with a professor earlier on who said we had a great fit and encouraged me to apply to their program. Would it be okay if I sent them an email asking how I can improve my application for next time?

Absolutely! Don’t be discouraged if they say it was just a competitive year. Sometimes you’re the perfect applicant but they have to find a way to choose between multiple. Feel free to DM me for templates I’ve used. 

27 minutes ago, psyc2020 said:

Rejected from Western, which I already assumed since I didn't interview there. However, I was in contact with a professor earlier on who said we had a great fit and encouraged me to apply to their program. Would it be okay if I sent them an email asking how I can improve my application for next me?

Definitely! They aren't obliged to give you any advice but it certainly doesnt hurt to ask ?

1 hour ago, xtrahotlatte said:

Has anyone received an offer for OISE SCCP yet? Rejections are going out today, someone just posted on the results page.

Nope, I'm still waiting. I'm hoping it's a good sign we haven't heard back yet. 

I think they have been sending out rejections over the past few weeks. I know someone who was rejected two weeks ago. 

This morning I emailed the UOttawa graduate program assistant, who just informed me that they are still reviewing applications. She also told me that interviews are not a part of the admissions process for their clinical psych program...is that true? I ask because I thought I saw that someone in this thread was invited to interview at UOttawa? Confused.

24 minutes ago, teenygreeny said:

This morning I emailed the UOttawa graduate program assistant, who just informed me that they are still reviewing applications. She also told me that interviews are not a part of the admissions process for their clinical psych program...is that true? I ask because I thought I saw that someone in this thread was invited to interview at UOttawa? Confused.

Your POI will likely reach out to you via skype or maybe even ask to meet in person if they are interested in your application. But its not required by the department. Theres still a chance you will be accepted if not interviewed but its not as likely! 

5 minutes ago, Cpsyc2020 said:

Your POI will likely reach out to you via skype or maybe even ask to meet in person if they are interested in your application. But its not required by the department. Theres still a chance you will be accepted if not interviewed but its not as likely! 

Thank you for the clarification! To your knowledge, are professors still in the process of extending invitations to interview? (ie., if I haven’t yet heard from my POI, is there still a chance?) Would it be worth reaching out to my POI individually to inquire?

1 minute ago, teenygreeny said:

Thank you for the clarification! To your knowledge, are professors still in the process of extending invitations to interview? (ie., if I haven’t yet heard from my POI, is there still a chance?) Would it be worth reaching out to my POI individually to inquire?

I reached out to my POI and she said she chose someone else... so although it wasn't good news it gave me clarity haha 

If theyve been responsive via email thus far id say yes! You will probably find out the beginning of march though.

4 hours ago, xtrahotlatte said:

Has anyone received an offer for OISE SCCP yet? Rejections are going out today, someone just posted on the results page.

I dont think thats how it works... I was accepted three weeks ago and my friend was accepted today. I think they do it case by case

Edited by hhhsaall

On 2/21/2020 at 6:42 PM, SCCPHopeful said:

Does anyone know from past years how OISE SCCP sends out acceptances/rejections? Does it typically happen all at once / on the same day? Or is it rolling acceptances? I have not been contacted for an interview, but my application still says "under review". Is it likely they just haven't gotten to my name yet to update the portal for a rejection? Thanks!

I think they do it case by case i got mine 3 weeks ago

7 hours ago, psyc2020 said:

I would think so. You'll never know if you don't try.