2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Leafway

I received an official acceptance to McMaster RCT late last week and have released my offer to UWindsor Neuropsych. I hope somebody who applied here gets it! If anybody else headed to McMaster wants to get in touch, please feel free to send me a message!

Received my official letter of acceptance today from Mcgill Counselling Psych (Project). I accepted shortly after and am happy this waiting game is over!

if anyone else is going to Mcgill, please feel free to contact me to connect.

27 minutes ago, Leashy said:

Received my official letter of acceptance today from Mcgill Counselling Psych (Project). I accepted shortly after and am happy this waiting game is over!

Congrats! Where else have you applied? 

2 hours ago, incognit0 said:

Congrats! Where else have you applied? 

I applied to UA, UC, Guelph MFT, and Western.

I was waitlisted at UA, UC and Guelph and had an interview next week at Western that I told them I wouldn't be coming to.

9 hours ago, Leashy said:

I was waitlisted at UA, UC and Guelph and had an interview next week at Western that I told them I wouldn't be coming to.

I have an interview for Western and wait listed at the University of Calgary as well. I haven't heard anything from Mcgill so I'm assuming I've been rejected there (no interview and no updates on the site). Oddly I got an internal scholarship to go to the University of Calgary which is super confusing. Hoping I get in there. 

46 minutes ago, incognit0 said:

I have an interview for Western and wait listed at the University of Calgary as well. I haven't heard anything from Mcgill so I'm assuming I've been rejected there (no interview and no updates on the site). Oddly I got an internal scholarship to go to the University of Calgary which is super confusing. Hoping I get in there. 

I also got that scholarship from UCalgary with being waitlisted. I felt very confused as well. If you want to PM me I can let you know who my POI was if that interests you

23 hours ago, Yeye said:

I received an official acceptance to McMaster RCT late last week and have released my offer to UWindsor Neuropsych. I hope somebody who applied here gets it! If anybody else headed to McMaster wants to get in touch, please feel free to send me a message!

Can I ask who your POI was?

19 hours ago, Leashy said:

Congratulations! Did you have an interview for this program? 

1 hour ago, yogipsych said:

I just got news from my POI that I won't be getting an offer at Concordia in the Clinical program since my application is not considered for funding and unfortunately he doesn't have any funding of his own either. 

Sorry to hear that. Any chance of getting in somewhere else?

Hi everyone, 

Did anyone receive an offer from OISE Clinical and Counselling MA Program? And if so, would you mind DMing me if you plan to reject? I am on the waitlist and wondering if I still have a chance. 

Thanks so much!

21 hours ago, Leashy said:

Congrats! Do you mind DM me the initials of the POI for Guelph? When did you have the interview?

14 hours ago, gradlady said:

Hi everyone, 

Did anyone receive an offer from OISE Clinical and Counselling MA Program? And if so, would you mind DMing me if you plan to reject? I am on the waitlist and wondering if I still have a chance. 

Thanks so much!

Did they email you the notification of waitlist or was it on the SGS portal?

22 hours ago, falken1492 said:

Did they email you the notification of waitlist or was it on the SGS portal?

I emailed them to ask about the status of my application. They did not notify me in any way

Hi everyone! Hope you are hanging in this week. I need your thoughts...I know it can be a good idea to update programs when we get certain scholarships. What about new work experience specific in clinical psychology and being bumped to primary author on a paper including a conference presentation. This has all happened since I submitted my application. I am still in the running for a few programs and wondering if its worth updating my PI? Help! Thanks! :) 

31 minutes ago, OnThePath01 said:

Hi everyone! Hope you are hanging in this week. I need your thoughts...I know it can be a good idea to update programs when we get certain scholarships. What about new work experience specific in clinical psychology and being bumped to primary author on a paper including a conference presentation. This has all happened since I submitted my application. I am still in the running for a few programs and wondering if its worth updating my PI? Help! Thanks! :) 

Honestly, I wouldn't. Updating about scholarships makes sense because departments only have a certain amount of funding, which limits the amount of students they can take in a given year. Getting a scholarship may mean they don't have to worry about finding money for you that year. While getting more experience and a first authorship is GREAT, it doesn't change the funding situation for the programs you're waitlisted at.

Just my opinion, though.

On 3/2/2020 at 8:58 AM, Psych_hopefulx said:

Anyone know anything about Saskatchewan post-interview? 

I haven't heard anything yet. I know I was told that they would send out the first round of offers by April 1.. I haven't heard anything since my interview in very early January.. It seems like a long time to wait. May I ask who your POI is?

31 minutes ago, Sundaythecat said:

I haven't heard anything yet. I know I was told that they would send out the first round of offers by April 1.. I haven't heard anything since my interview in very early January.. It seems like a long time to wait. May I ask who your POI is?

I agree that it is late, especially considering that the deadline for making a decision is April 15th.