2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Leafway

14 hours ago, teenygreeny said:

Is Queens totally done inviting people for committee interviews (with faculty other than your POI)?

I asked the queens program administrator about status updates and received this reply today: “folks are just finalizing application review this week and next week so hopefully we will start to provide status updates to all of our applicants shortly thereafter.”

Got my official offer via email today for UCalgary's MSc in School & Applied Child Psych!  The deadline to accept is March 7, so I do hope I hear from UAlberta and OISE before then, so I can make an informed final decision.

Just now, VanessaB said:

Got my official offer via email today for UCalgary's MSc in School & Applied Child Psych!  The deadline to accept is March 7, so I do hope I hear from UAlberta and OISE before then, so I can make an informed final decision.

Congrats!!

8 minutes ago, VanessaB said:

So exciting!! Congratulations :)

Last week I had the pure happiness of receiving an unofficial offer from the SFU Clinical Psych PhD program!! :) As it seems that no other unofficial offers have gone out from SFU yet, I wanted to update that they should be going out any day now - I have an existing relationship with one of the faculty who advocated for my admission, which explains why I was notified early. Feel free to DM with any questions!

Edited by rainydaychai

2 hours ago, VanessaB said:

Wow congratulations, that's amazing news! ?

44 minutes ago, rainydaychai said:

Last week I had the pure happiness of receiving an unofficial offer from the SFU Clinical Psych PhD program!! :) As it seems that no other unofficial offers have gone out from SFU yet, I wanted to update that they should be going out any day now - I have an existing relationship with one of the faculty who advocated for my admission, which explains why I was notified early. Feel free to DM with any questions!

Congrats!  It's even more exciting when the official letter comes.

Update on UVic: I believe the first round of offers have gone out (or will go out by the end of the week)

I was waitlisted ? but the email I received from my POI was encouraging ("very high on the list of alternates") - so we'll see!

Edited by ClinPsyc20

Hi all. Emailed UVic for an update today. Just wanted to let you know that the grad secretary let me know that PIs only rank their first one and two applicants generally. From there, no one is rejected until April when the whole process is complete and offers accepted. It helped me to manage my expectations so thought I would share. If you haven't heard, it doesn't necessarily mean you are waitlisted, sorry. :( Grad secretary seemed nice though and willing to provide info if you want to touch base with the program directly.  Good luck to everyone still! 

1 hour ago, ClinPsyc20 said:

Update on UVic: I believe the first round of offers have gone out (or will go out by the end of the week)

I was waitlisted ? but the email I received from my POI was encouraging ("very high on the list of alternates") - so we'll see!

Did your email use the term waitlisted? I got an email saying "you are very high up on our list of alternates' . So disappointed.

8 hours ago, Now What said:

Did your email use the term waitlisted? I got an email saying "you are very high up on our list of alternates' . So disappointed.

I mean it basically means waitlisted... alternate= second choice if someone declines an offer

I guess I'm not feeling the disappointment yet because I'm still holding out hope for other places but I know there's still a chance I don't get in anywhere ? 

16 hours ago, VanessaB said:

That's so exciting! I think it is interesting they want answers by March 7. I know some schools don't even put out offers until after then ( I have heard UAlberta is notorious for reaching out to applicants quite late).  I hope you hear back soon from the others though! Best of luck with your decision.

2 hours ago, Leashy said:

That's so exciting! I think it is interesting they want answers by March 7. I know some schools don't even put out offers until after then ( I have heard UAlberta is notorious for reaching out to applicants quite late).  I hope you hear back soon from the others though! Best of luck with your decision.

Although the letter was sent via email yesterday, the letter itself was dated Feb 7, so I guess they are giving me exactly one month to decide.  UAlberta is my top choice though, with SCCP and OISE being tied for second with UCalgary, so I do hope I get some updates from UAlberta and OISE this month.

Edited by VanessaB

13 minutes ago, xtrahotlatte said:

OISE SCCP. 

Ah, sorry! Won't be able to say much about that. Didn't apply there and everything seems quiet from them. Typically I think it's just professors who reach out to interview students over Skype/phone for them, I don't think it would hurt to send an email.

Did you reach out to them before applying?

Edited by Yeye

17 minutes ago, prospectclin said:

If you hear back from a school w an offer of admission and you’re waiting to hear back from another, what should you tell the first school?

I think just thank them for the offer and let them know you are still considering what your final decision will be, but will let them know as soon as possible.