2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Leafway

2 hours ago, SoundofSilence said:

Hey there, thank you!

And yes, I think it stings more in the moment to get a straight up "no" instead of a waitlist, but at the same time, the waitlist thing just prolongs the agony..so I don't envy you.

Oh and for those interested, my POI at UNB emphasized several times how surprised she was at the incredibly competitive applications they got this year. So I guess it's really competitive out there. It's great to hear that so many qualified people are with us during this process, it helps us keep the bar high for ourselves as well haha :)

I got too carried away with being hopeful post-interviews, so I need to rein that in. Good thing there are still some schools that process applications later in the game. 

Best of luck!

Who was your POI at UNB?

Hi all. Current first year student at Queens here and past applicant who had an open house interview from UBC and an offer from OISE SCCP.

I definitely remember all the stress during this waiting period and prepping for interviews. Feel free to ask me questions here or privately message me, if you’d like.

Best of luck to everyone!

1 hour ago, sparrow123 said:

York Update: I got invited to the Open House, it takes place on February 14th. I received the invite directly from my POI. If anyone else is going, send me a message! 

Congrats !!

For OISE (CCP) there are no departmental interviews and no open house. Candidates are usually contacted individually by POIs for a chat although I know some who've been accepted without a meeting! 

POIs tend to reach out for meetings late Jan - mid Feb and offers go out via an email to check the SGS portal in the first week of March. 

All the best with interviews and the ups and downs of waiting :)❤️ 

Hi I'm a first time applicant. So if I have not received a personal email yet from the professors or the school does this mean I have been rejected? Do all interview offers come in through personal email or are any online through the portal? 

Asking for UTSC, York, and Ryerson. 

2 hours ago, psyapplicant said:

Hi everyone,

I just received a postcard by mail with an invitation for an Open House at Concordia University on Feb 15. It includes a weblink for registration. It doesn't look like an interview invitation, but I am confused. Has anyone else received that?

I just got an email from them saying something similar. I think they just send it to anyone who applied for grad programs there ?

11 minutes ago, Psych? said:

Hi I'm a first time applicant. So if I have not received a personal email yet from the professors or the school does this mean I have been rejected? Do all interview offers come in through personal email or are any online through the portal? 

Asking for UTSC, York, and Ryerson. 

From my understanding, most official rejections don't come until March or April, when the spots are filled. Not hearing anything from anyone at this point doesn't necessarily mean you're rejected *yet*, but unfortunately you likely weren't a first pick and it's unlikely, although definitely possible, that you will get an interview. 

Interview invites will come by email or phone, not through the application portal.

Not sure if all York invites have gone out. I heard from my POI earlier this week and I was invited to the Open House. But I think profs are on their own timelines so it's possible you'll still hear from yours. 

Don't know about UTSC or Ryerson as I didn't apply to either, but maybe others know.

Edited to add: From the results page, it looks like people received interview invites for Ryerson starting on January 8 and as late as January 24. It looks like the in-person interview day is February 10.

Edited by sparrow123

41 minutes ago, sparrow123 said:

From my understanding, most official rejections don't come until March or April, when the spots are filled. Not hearing anything from anyone at this point doesn't necessarily mean you're rejected *yet*, but unfortunately you likely weren't a first pick and it's unlikely, although definitely possible, that you will get an interview. 

Interview invites will come by email or phone, not through the application portal.

Not sure if all York invites have gone out. I heard from my POI earlier this week and I was invited to the Open House. But I think profs are on their own timelines so it's possible you'll still hear from yours. 

Don't know about UTSC or Ryerson as I didn't apply to either, but maybe others know.

Edited to add: From the results page, it looks like people received interview invites for Ryerson starting on January 8 and as late as January 24. It looks like the in-person interview day is February 10.

UTSC open house already happened and Ryerson invites already went out. 

York invites have started going on and might still be going out. 

But yes, still possible (but unlikely) you could get an interview/get in without an open house/interview day invite

2 hours ago, ClinPsyc20 said:

UTSC open house already happened and Ryerson invites already went out. 

York invites have started going on and might still be going out. 

But yes, still possible (but unlikely) you could get an interview/get in without an open house/interview day invite

oh also I just remembered that not all profs from Ryerson participate in the open house, so there's still a chance there

On 1/30/2020 at 4:34 PM, xtrahotlatte said:

Anyone hear from from SCCP at OISE?

? ? ?  

Nope, I haven’t heard anything, but my CV is long. They’re probably still reading the darn thing. ???