2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Leafway

The start of another week... I am so hoping for some good news this week for all of us! If you're feeling frustrated, down on yourself, swirling in self-doubt, and constantly wondering if you're "good enough" - you're not alone. 

On 1/19/2020 at 3:20 PM, Psych_hopefulx said:

I saw a couple of people post about University New Brunswick last week. Does anyone know if they sent out all of their interview invites or if it is dependent on POI?

I don't know whether it is POI dependent, however, I do know that most are conducting interviews this week (and did some last week), since the admission committee meets for final decisions soon (I was told to expect a decision next week). 

41 minutes ago, clinpsychology said:

Hey all,

Does anyone know when official acceptances are sent out? Specifically Queen's?

I just heard back from my POI who said that the admission committee for Queens will be meeting possibly next week to make preliminary decisions. Those who pass this phase will be invited to another skype interview (possible in the 1st or 2nd week of Feb) to assess fit with clinical work and then offers will be sent out after that

Got an email today from a prospective supervisor in U of C's Msc School and Applied Child Psych program.  The email indicated I was "favourably ranked for an offer of admission."  It looks like this individual is hoping to connect for an informal chat, so I feel hopeful!

Edited by VanessaB

6 minutes ago, VanessaB said:

Got an email today from a prospective supervisor in U of C's Msc School and Applied Child Psych program.  The email indicated I was "favourably ranked for an offer of admission."  It looks like this individual is hoping to connect for an informal chat, so I feel hopeful!

Congratulations, I hope your chat goes well!!

1 hour ago, VanessaB said:

Also congrats, that sounds really exciting! ? Hopefully your chat/interview goes well

Hi everyone! 

I was wondering if anyone can provide any insight on the OGS process for Ryerson? I know it says that students are automatically considered and there's no additional form that needs to be submitted. A PI indicated that OGS does require a research proposal- when is this submitted, then? 

Sorry just a little confused about the process and thought I would ask here before asking the PI. 

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, clinpsyc000 said:

Hi everyone! 

I was wondering if anyone can provide any insight on the OGS process for Ryerson? I know it says that students are automatically considered and there's no additional form that needs to be submitted. A PI indicated that OGS does require a research proposal- when is this submitted, then? 

Sorry just a little confused about the process and thought I would ask here before asking the PI. 

Thanks!

There is no research proposal for incoming students, just the application package you submitted. The professor is probably just confused because students already in the program have to submit a proposal for OGS, I believe. 

5 minutes ago, Clinpsyc01 said:

There is no research proposal for incoming students, just the application package you submitted. The professor is probably just confused because students already in the program have to submit a proposal for OGS, I believe. 

Ah, I see! Thanks so much for clarifying :) 

1 hour ago, Paris1045 said:

Does anyone know when OISE's SCCP program will be notifying prospective applicants on whether they made the short-list? 

I also applied to that program.  I made initial contact with prospective supervisors around September and October, but I haven't heard anything regarding the application since then.

On 1/18/2020 at 11:23 AM, gradlady said:

I also haven't heard anything yet. This is my second year applying and last year, they sent me an email to set up an interview in the last few days of January (like Jan. 31st) so I think they are a bit later than most schools. 

hey, which school are you talking about. Sorry Hun don't mean to intrude. I applied to Uwindsor and still haven't heard anything. I heard they are near the end of January. 

ok so I've heard from several people that Concordia has an open house day on Jan 30th or 31st (and that invites have already been sent out) but that that is only for POIs from a specific research centre. Could someone please tell me which research centre that is referring to? Trying to figure out if I still have a chance

2 minutes ago, ClinPsyc20 said:

ok so I've heard from several people that Concordia has an open house day on Jan 30th or 31st (and that invites have already been sent out) but that that is only for POIs from a specific research centre. Could someone please tell me which research centre that is referring to? Trying to figure out if I still have a chance

I think it's the Centre for Clinical Research in Health!

13 minutes ago, Irishsnowflakes said:

hey, which school are you talking about. Sorry Hun don't mean to intrude. I applied to Uwindsor and still haven't heard anything. I heard they are near the end of January. 

We were talking about York FYI, not Windsor!