2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Leafway

13 hours ago, Yyxcn said:

Anybody hear anything from Waterloo ?

Nope, and I can't figure out how to log back into Quest to check my application status. Every time I try it wants me to use a uwaterloo email, which I don't have. If anyone has figured this out let me know!

4 minutes ago, sparrow123 said:

Nope, and I can't figure out how to log back into Quest to check my application status. Every time I try it wants me to use a uwaterloo email, which I don't have. If anyone has figured this out let me know!

use your ID before the @uw email! same password

Was invited to an interview at McMaster today, they’ll be sending grad weekend (February 7, 8) invites shortly. 

Edited by Yeye
Autocorrected a date to an emoji

Hi everyone,

This is my first time on this thread and my second year applying. This time around, I applied to 8 schools. I have a love-hate relationship with this forum, as I am sure most of you do. I am definitely starting to feeling tense about hearing back from schools. :) I hope everyone is taking measures to calm their nerves ❤️ 

I had a couple questions regarding updates from a couple of schools, aside from what I read on the Results page.

- Does anyone know if all of the Western invites to their interview day have been sent out? 
- I saw that multiple people have asked about Queens, but I haven't seen any responses. I also am curious if anyone has heard back from any profs there.
- Does Waterloo host an interview day or just does individual interviews?
- Just wanted to confirm: no one has heard back yet from UBC-O or Ottawa?

Sorry about all of the questions. Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, TEAfficionado said:

Hi everyone,

This is my first time on this thread and my second year applying. This time around, I applied to 8 schools. I have a love-hate relationship with this forum, as I am sure most of you do. I am definitely starting to feeling tense about hearing back from schools. :) I hope everyone is taking measures to calm their nerves ❤️ 

I had a couple questions regarding updates from a couple of schools, aside from what I read on the Results page.

- Does anyone know if all of the Western invites to their interview day have been sent out? 
- I saw that multiple people have asked about Queens, but I haven't seen any responses. I also am curious if anyone has heard back from any profs there.

Ottawa will be sending out offers by the third week of February

1 hour ago, TEAfficionado said:

Hi everyone,

I haven't heard anything from UBC-O yet either!

3 hours ago, Psych_hopefulx said:

Do interviews preceded grad weekend invites?

My interview is on grad weekend, but I also met my PI before applying so I imagine other PIs are doing informal interviews before sending invites. 

I was in contact with a PI before the submission of my application and they had highly encouraged me to apply to their program as they thought I would be a great fit in their lab. However, first round of invites have already gone out and I have heard nothing. Would it be okay to email them and ask them the status of my application? Or Should I talk to the grad administrator of the program?

Hi guys! I heard Dalhousie's Clinical program was making offers already so I reached out and got this response:

"We have submitted our first round of admissions and are waiting to hear from those applicants if they accept our offer. We will be moving into our second round of admission in early Feb."

Didn't get an offer this round but congrats to those who did! If you got an offer from POI: CC and don't want it, please let them know when you can so I stand a chance ?

On 1/14/2020 at 11:22 PM, yogipsych said:

I received an invitation to interview at Concordia on January 30th! Anyone familiar with the process? 

Although, I'm not familiar with the process, I was also invited for the interview on the 30th. Would you feel comfortable DM'ing me your POI's initials?

40 minutes ago, gradlady said:

Although, I'm not familiar with the process, I was also invited for the interview on the 30th. Would you feel comfortable DM'ing me your POI's initials?

If you're comfortable can you let met know yours? I wasn't invited and thought I had a pretty good chance but I guess not lololol. 

On 1/14/2020 at 11:22 PM, yogipsych said:

I received an invitation to interview at Concordia on January 30th! Anyone familiar with the process? 

I interviewed there a few years ago and have friends in the program. The first day is a typical interview day, like lab tours, individual interviews with lab members, faculty interviews, etc. The second day is the research conference where students/faculty present. 

For anyone else wondering about Concordia, the interview day is only for a small number of POIs (5-6?) who are affiliated with a certain research centre. The others conduct their interviews individually throughout Jan and feb and very likely haven’t reached out to applicants yet. 

6 minutes ago, PsycUndergrad said:

I interviewed there a few years ago and have friends in the program. The first day is a typical interview day, like lab tours, individual interviews with lab members, faculty interviews, etc. The second day is the research conference where students/faculty present. 

For anyone else wondering about Concordia, the interview day is only for a small number of POIs (5-6?) who are affiliated with a certain research centre. The others conduct their interviews individually throughout Jan and feb and very likely haven’t reached out to applicants yet. 

OMG THANK YOU this gives me some hope haha

2 hours ago, gradlady said:

Has anyone heard back from OISE or UTSC about interviews?

I got an email from the program manager yesterday with an invite to the departmental interviews and a separate interview with my POI

1 hour ago, PsycUndergrad said:

Thank you for the info! I was also wondering if you knew how many people are interviewed usually? Or it depends on how many people apply per POI basically?