2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Leafway

2 hours ago, ClinPsyc20 said:

hey yea received Wednesday in a mass email.. you should email the program admin

2 hours ago, Cascadia said:

I did as well. I agree with @ClinPsyc20 in following up. 

Just sent an e-mail. They've been really bad about responding to my e-mails since I started the application process.

I know the first day is supposed to be tours of campus and labs, and presentations by researchers/students in the department. What's scheduled for the second day?

Has anyone heard from UTSC or OISE? I saw on the results page that 2 people wrote they were going for a departmental interview from Jan. 26-28. Does anyone know if all profs participate in this? Or is there a chance that other profs have a later interview process?

13 hours ago, gradlady said:

Has anyone heard from UTSC or OISE? I saw on the results page that 2 people wrote they were going for a departmental interview from Jan. 26-28. Does anyone know if all profs participate in this? Or is there a chance that other profs have a later interview process?

I applied for the SCCP program at OISE/U of T.  I haven't heard anything from them.

16 hours ago, gradlady said:

Hi, I was at the UTSC departmental interviews today. My understanding is that all profs participate in this, admission in the program is a committee decision and we were interviewed by three non-POI members of faculty (in addition to POIs). 

Does anyone know when were/will be the departmental interviews for the following schools:

1. Guelph

2. McMaster

3. Ryerson

4. OISE

5. Simon Fraser

6. York

11 minutes ago, noo said:

Does anyone know when were/will be the departmental interviews for the following schools:

1. Guelph

2. McMaster

3. Ryerson

4. OISE

5. Simon Fraser

6. York

McMaster: February 7 + 8

6 minutes ago, Cachalot said:

Would this be applicable to other psychology departments, say, Neuropsychology?

McMaster doesn't have a separate track for Neuropsychology, all clinical training is done in the RCT stream of the PNB program. Unless you mean Neuroscience, which is a separate program altogether and just had applications due on Jan 14. It doesn't apply to that. 

48 minutes ago, Yeye said:

McMaster doesn't have a separate track for Neuropsychology, all clinical training is done in the RCT stream of the PNB program. Unless you mean Neuroscience, which is a separate program altogether and just had applications due on Jan 14. It doesn't apply to that. 

Right, sorry for the vague term ?

I meant Systems & Neuroscience in the PNB graduate program (not RCT of PNB) which its deadline was Dec 15. 

2 minutes ago, Cachalot said:

Right, sorry for the vague term ?

I meant Systems & Neuroscience in the PNB graduate program (not RCT of PNB) which its deadline was Dec 15. 

Ah, sorry, no idea!

10 minutes ago, sparrow123 said:

Hey guys, I just got an email from my POI at York. We're going to chat on the phone today or tomorrow! 

Do you mind DM'ing me your POIs initials

Since normalizing rejection was a good thing last year, here I go (again):

up until now, I had three interviews for doctoral programs: two went great, for one I didn't have a very good match with the POI. For the first that went really well, there were funding issues, so I was rejected although the POI really wanted me. And today I woke up to a big fat no from UNB. ?

So far hanging in there. Anyone else having similar swings from "highs" to "lows" this year?

2 minutes ago, SoundofSilence said:

Since normalizing rejection was a good thing last year, here I go (again):

up until now, I had three interviews for doctoral programs: two went great, for one I didn't have a very good match with the POI. For the first that went really well, there were funding issues, so I was rejected although the POI really wanted me. And today I woke up to a big fat no from UNB. ?

So far hanging in there. Anyone else having similar swings from "highs" to "lows" this year?

I really feel you<3 Definitely exhausting going through the intense highs and lows. Currently struggling with going from having no hope, to really getting my hopes up post-interviews, and now I'm waitlisted and just so so sad (I know its better than a flat out no, but still). I'm also having a hard time being ghosted by schools! Like pls just let me know my fate, I beg you lol. Congrats on the interviews btw!! So sorry to hear about the funding issue, that's just plain sucky. Hang in there! 

8 minutes ago, your.local.et.al said:

I really feel you<3 Definitely exhausting going through the intense highs and lows. Currently struggling with going from having no hope, to really getting my hopes up post-interviews, and now I'm waitlisted and just so so sad (I know its better than a flat out no, but still). I'm also having a hard time being ghosted by schools! Like pls just let me know my fate, I beg you lol. Congrats on the interviews btw!! So sorry to hear about the funding issue, that's just plain sucky. Hang in there! 

Hey there, thank you!

And yes, I think it stings more in the moment to get a straight up "no" instead of a waitlist, but at the same time, the waitlist thing just prolongs the agony..so I don't envy you.

Oh and for those interested, my POI at UNB emphasized several times how surprised she was at the incredibly competitive applications they got this year. So I guess it's really competitive out there. It's great to hear that so many qualified people are with us during this process, it helps us keep the bar high for ourselves as well haha :)

I got too carried away with being hopeful post-interviews, so I need to rein that in. Good thing there are still some schools that process applications later in the game. 

Best of luck!