2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Leafway

5 hours ago, CatastrophizingNerd said:

Those who received invites / waitlists from UBC/UBCO, were these mass emails or private contacts?

Can you DM your POI?

Update: Apparently all UBC-V invites were sent out via personal email. No news on UBCO. 

I saw later invites on gradcafe's results page for UBC-V in previous cycles, so maybe invites would still get sent if those invited were not a good match! Don't lose hope!

Anyone news on Dal or UNB? 

8 minutes ago, CatastrophizingNerd said:

Update: Apparently all UBC-V invites were sent out via personal email. No news on UBCO. 

I saw later invites on gradcafe's results page for UBC-V in previous cycles, so maybe invites would still get sent if those invited were not a good match! Don't lose hope!

Apparently Dal did interviews ages ago, in December, and the first round of offers were sent out in the second week of January. It's in the thread earlier on, about page 6.

Still not over that one, ha.

Don't know anything about UNB.

5 hours ago, SoundofSilence said:

any news from Ottawa? it's been sooo quiet all over this week.

I posted a few days ago about this - they will be sending out invites or emails for Skype etc in the third week of February. Source: I called and asked :)

4 minutes ago, Aspiring_Grey_Area said:

I posted a few days ago about this - they will be sending out invites or emails for Skype etc in the third week of February. Source: I called and asked :)

I think I missed that, sorry. Wow, third week of February? I better start calming down then heh :))

Thank you!

16 hours ago, CatastrophizingNerd said:

I haven't heard from Dal (big oof) but apparently there are a second round of admits going out in early Feb - so any interviews would have to happen very soon I'd say. I had an interview with UNB last week (when they did interviews) and they said the last of their interviews were happening this week - decisions are made early next week!! Hope that helps. Good luck!

Edited by your.local.et.al

I saw a couple people asking if anyone has heard anything about York. My POI contacted me late last week (first contact since September) and said files are being reviewed by the department. They said they’d reach out to me this week at some point to follow-up. It was a vague email and I haven’t heard anything since then but I figured I’d share the little info about it that I have. Hopefully we’ll all hear something soon! :)

Edit: I’d prefer not to share the POI who contacted me but I will say this is for the CD area 

Edited by Penguin321

44 minutes ago, xPenxx said:

Hi everyone! 

Has anybody heard from Queen’s? I’m starting to get a little nervous because it’s been so quiet! 

My POI informed me that the admissions committee will be meeting next week (or the week after) to make preliminary decisions. Applicants that move on to the next phase will be invited for another Skype interview to assess fit for clinical work (which will likely happen in the 1st or 2nd week of Feb)

Had a phone interview with one of my Windsor POIs today, and like teenygreeny mentioned for USask, this was basically their formal interview as well. They don't do in-person departmental interviews or anything like that, they have an open house for invited students in March. Official admission offers will be sent out by mid-February, informal offers will be made earlier. This was for neuropsych, but I got the impression that all three of their streams work similarly in this process. 

I received a second email from a POI/prospective supervisor at UCalgary regarding the MSc in School & Applied Child Psyc.  The email stated I’d be receiving a letter in the mail from their grad program in the next few weeks.  Hopefully I’ll also hear back soon with good news from the other schools I applied to.?

3 hours ago, psych-hopeful said:

Has anyone heard from a POI for OISE SCCP?

Haven’t heard anything from this program since initial contact with POIs in September and October.  I’m going with the no-news-is-good-news saying.

1 hour ago, VanessaB said:

I received a second email from a POI/prospective supervisor at UCalgary regarding the MSc in School & Applied Child Psyc.  The email stated I’d be receiving a letter in the mail from their grad program in the next few weeks.  Hopefully I’ll also hear back soon with good news from the other schools I applied to.?

Congrats! do you mind sharing the POI initials? 

13 hours ago, Penguin321 said:

I saw a couple people asking if anyone has heard anything about York. My POI contacted me late last week (first contact since September) and said files are being reviewed by the department. They said they’d reach out to me this week at some point to follow-up. It was a vague email and I haven’t heard anything since then but I figured I’d share the little info about it that I have. Hopefully we’ll all hear something soon! :)

Edit: I’d prefer not to share the POI who contacted me but I will say this is for the CD area 

Thank you for sharing!

Edited by Dylia

14 minutes ago, Quicksilver25 said:

Has anyone who's RSVP'd to UCalgary's open house received an itinerary yet?

hey yea received Wednesday in a mass email.. you should email the program admin