2020 Clinical Psychology Canadian Applicants

Leafway

On 1/10/2020 at 8:09 PM, Irishsnowflakes said:

Hello,

I’ve applied to UWindsor Adult Clinical, has anyone else who’ve applied to UWindsor adult clinical send me a message if they know when we should be hearing back? Thanks.

I applied to UWindsor Neuropsych. Last year interview invites went out on January 24, I'm assuming they'll  be sent out around the same time this year. 

On 1/10/2020 at 7:10 PM, sparrow123 said:

I didn't apply to Calgary but have connections there (sorry to be vague, I'll PM you how I know). But they may have been talking about the Experimental programs, not the Clinical programs, although the open house date is the same for both programs. 

Maybe there's still hope for Dal? I really don't want to give up hope yet. I'll post if I hear anything! 

I know for Dal that they had a 14 person short-list in which they interviewed starting early December. Of those, 5 to 8 will get offers and I would assume that the remaining people would be the ones wait-listed to fill any later openings if the first offers choose to go elsewhere. 

18 hours ago, springxsummer said:

I'm curious to hear how other people deal with interview nerves & anxiety. Even just practicing for an interview, I get nervous.

Diaphragmatic breathing helps me a little bit, but I haven't found any real fixes.

I used to get terrible performance anxiety, especially for presentations. Even if I was 100% confident in my presentation and my knowledge, my sympathetic nervous system would betray me. I would get hives, my heart would race, I would sweat profusely, my mouth was bone dry. I went to my doctor and they prescribed me beta blockers for this reason. And they work incredibly well for me! All of my physiological symptoms disappear. It might be worth checking with your doctor about.

11 hours ago, sparrow123 said:

I used to get terrible performance anxiety, especially for presentations. Even if I was 100% confident in my presentation and my knowledge, my sympathetic nervous system would betray me. I would get hives, my heart would race, I would sweat profusely, my mouth was bone dry. I went to my doctor and they prescribed me beta blockers for this reason. And they work incredibly well for me! All of my physiological symptoms disappear. It might be worth checking with your doctor about.

Interesting! I might consider looking into that in the future, but I don't know that I want to start a medication right before interviews... just in case.

Anybody hear anything from UTSC? Their departmental interview dates are Jan 27-29 (according to their website), so it feels a little late to not have gotten anything.

13 minutes ago, CatastrophizingNerd said:

Anyone know the following:

UBCV

UBCO

Saskatchewan

MEM

Waterloo

I've heard UBCV and O send rejections by first week of march. But the rest usually sent them in mid-feb? Anyone got info?

I had an interview at Sask - they said that the first round of invitations go out February(ish). No clue about the others, unfortunately.

5 hours ago, Yeye said:

Anybody hear anything from UTSC? Their departmental interview dates are Jan 27-29 (according to their website), so it feels a little late to not have gotten anything.

I had a Skype interview about a week ago but haven't heard anything since.... from what I read in last year's forum they tend to be pretty late with invites - I would expect them to be sent out by this week, but I've heard sometimes it's only a week notice :o 

2 hours ago, ClinPsyc20 said:

I had a Skype interview about a week ago but haven't heard anything since.... from what I read in last year's forum they tend to be pretty late with invites - I would expect them to be sent out by this week, but I've heard sometimes it's only a week notice :o 

hey would you be able to PM me the POI for UTSC?