DrPH Applicants Fall 2020

Akd

@MJDRPH Health Policy for me. Hmm....I wonder if all of the Departments are on the same timeline? The HPM folks told me we should hear back this week, but told another applicant that it was last week. Either way, it's kinda late when compared to 2018. Good luck! 

For all those waiting on UNC, decisions typically come out during the 2nd or 3rd week of March.  I was accepted to both UNC and JHU.  I can tell you that the cohort model at UNC gives you a strong support group to get you through the rigorous coursework and research.  There are pros and cons for every program, but UNC was the right choice for me (and my entire cohort).

I learned today that I was recommended for admission to UNC with the official offer coming in the next week or two from the admissions office! I plan on accepting the offer and am excited about the program. I work full time in an executive leadership position so this is a perfect fit.

The news came just in time as I just heard in the past week that I am not getting into UIC or Hopkins. I have to say I spent the last week in a bit of turmoil worried that I wouldn't get into UNC either, but it all worked out great. It seems that the best program for me found me through the selection process. While I was excited about Hopkins because they have some specific focus areas that are of high interest to me, I think the UNC program will be a better fit with the cohort model and I can use the dissertation to delve into my areas of interest.

Really happy for everyone getting admits/interviews. My public health doctoral application strategy seems to be falling apart :). Yeah, it's things fall apart here. I only applied to part time programs, as I can't afford to leave my job. So: 

1. USF - I got an email last week - rejected. 

2. Indiana University - Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health - Got interview notification yesterday

These are my results so far. I still have two more to hear from + two more that I plan on submitting applications to. 

Good luck everyone who is still waiting! 

Hi guys! Updates for you :)

I applied to JHU DrPH. Was rejected on 3/4/20. 

I applied to USF. Was rejected on 3/3/20.

UIC is still pending. 

I received admission into GWU yesterday! 

For those who feel anxious or uncertain: Remember, it just takes ONE yes. Just one.

Keep on pushing guys :) 

5 minutes ago, DrPHJourney said:

UIC is still pending. 

For those who feel anxious or uncertain: Remember, it just takes ONE yes. Just one.

That is AMAZING! Congrats!!!! Thanks for the motivation, I'm really anxious....
Which concentration did you apply to for GW??

1 hour ago, AlphacentauriC said:

Really happy for everyone getting admits/interviews. My public health doctoral application strategy seems to be falling apart :). Yeah, it's things fall apart here. I only applied to part time programs, as I can't afford to leave my job. So: 

1. USF - I got an email last week - rejected. 

2. Indiana University - Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health - Got interview notification yesterday

These are my results so far. I still have two more to hear from + two more that I plan on submitting applications to. 

Good luck everyone who is still waiting! 

Congratulations on the interview notification! We are rooting for you!

For anyone getting rejections or starting to sweat about not get into programs: there are still some options out there accepting applications. I got an email today from UTHealth saying that they extended their DrPH application deadline to May 1 for both summer and fall 2020 admission. They are in SOPHAS.

If a Doctorate in Healthcare Administration (DHA) is of interest I know that MUSC is seeking applications and others are still accepting applications as well.

What a time to be in public health. The world needs you!

Good luck!

9 hours ago, DrPH2025 said:

For anyone getting rejections or starting to sweat about not get into programs: there are still some options out there accepting applications. I got an email today from UTHealth saying that they extended their DrPH application deadline to May 1 for both summer and fall 2020 admission. They are in SOPHAS.

If a Doctorate in Healthcare Administration (DHA) is of interest I know that MUSC is seeking applications and others are still accepting applications as well.

Good luck!

Exactly! What a time to be alive in public health! The world DOES need us! Wishing you all the best!

On 9/30/2019 at 11:55 AM, Future DrPH said:

Hello all...I'm a current student in the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health DrPH program and am happy to answer questions you may have as you go through the application and selection process.

Did you get an assistantship and if so when did they get back to you with an offer? I had an interview in late February and haven’t heard back yet. 

On 3/12/2020 at 11:25 AM, DrPHJourney said:

UIC is still pending. 

I also got into GWU!!!!! I'm so excited!!! And you were right... it only takes ONE to turn everything around!!!!
See you in August (if COVID-19 allows it)

1 hour ago, MJDRPH said:

I also got into GWU!!!!! I'm so excited!!! And you were right... it only takes ONE to turn everything around!!!!
See you in August (if COVID-19 allows it)

Congratulations to you both! If you don’t mind me asking, how did you find out? Were you interviewed?

On 3/13/2020 at 11:44 AM, DrPH2025 said:

Good luck!

Hey.. thanks for the motivation. Since I have not been accepted to any of the programs so far  I am thinking in this direction only. Do you have any idea about DrPH at university of Arizona. They have DrPH in MAternal and child heath which happens to be my area of interest. 

Thanks

Hello beautiful people! ?☀️ 

I have a question regarding funding. 

I got accepted into the DrPh program at Penn State’s College of Medicine and I’m waiting to hear back about the departmental GRA position available. It’s been a couple weeks and I haven’t heard back, so I am assuming someone else was chosen. For all of those that got accepted into their program, how are you planning on funding your degree? I’m looking to apply for any external and internal funding opportunities that will allow me to pursue my degree. 

4 hours ago, Aman_Ratta said:

Hey.. thanks for the motivation. Since I have not been accepted to any of the programs so far  I am thinking in this direction only. Do you have any idea about DrPH at university of Arizona. They have DrPH in MAternal and child heath which happens to be my area of interest. 

Thanks

I'm not too familiar with the Arizona DrPH since it is an on-campus program and I couldn't do that. The application is through SOPHAS so you can probably check there to see if they are still accepting apps.