NSF GRFP 2019-2020

SFS

14 hours ago, Physicsisphysics said:

Hoping it's this Friday! I know in past years, people have found tricks to access results early, does anybody know if they still work?

I've never heard of that! That's really funny though, where did you hear about that?

14 hours ago, Physicsisphysics said:

Hoping it's this Friday! I know in past years, people have found tricks to access results early, does anybody know if they still work?

First time I hear about it. Do you know what exactly they did to get access of their result early than expected?

It happened a long time ago; I saw it in the 2009 threads. Apparently they were able to access their reviews via some link they weren't supposed to be able to access about a week early. This was also during the fastlane beta period, so I doubt there'll be the same issue with results leaking now.

Just now, Aye AI, Matey! said:

Not too much activity on Reddit, except for the somewhat buried thread attached. Someone called FastLane and all but confirmed Early April. Fingers crossed for Friday 4/3!

I've looked around old threads, and it seems this is the standard response. Even in months where results were released in March, the people on the phone always said early April. It could still be next Tuesday! 

1 hour ago, letssee said:

While we're waiting, what did everyone apply under and is it your first time? I'm a 2nd year PhD applying for the first time under I-O psychology.

I'm also a 2nd year PhD student applying for the first time. I applied under Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE).

Edited by Aye AI, Matey!

10 minutes ago, Aye AI, Matey! said:

I'm also a 2nd year PhD student applying for the first time. I applied under Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE).

Also a 2nd year Ph.D. applying for the first time! Chemistry - Macromolecular, Supramolecular, Nanochemistry 

PhD Student. I applied under Life Sciences, agricultural sciences and food sciences. I’m worried because I accepted an offer in Biological Education, instead of Agricultural sciences. My research is agricultural sciences related. I’m just not sure if offered that I will be able to accept. I know I can change the program after the first year, but the university doesn’t have an agricultural program. 

Can someone find statistics on the people awarded fellowships based on hard science (life, biology, earth science, engineering, statistic, computer science etc.) and social science/humanities (psychology, sociology, criminal justice, anthropology, history, english, women studies, etc.) from previous years? Just wondering is all.  

Edited by CeXra