NSF GRFP 2019-2020

SFS

I'm glad it really is the beginning of April and not delayed!

Also I'm worried that, as a 2nd year grad student, I'll get dinged for only having a publication in review at the time of my application (it was published in February). I wonder if the publication expectations differ by field.

Just now, isk20 said:

Does anyone know how we’ll be notified if we win an award? Like, do we get an email or will we just have to check the site?

Past threads have stated that you can check the portal page. Emails tend to be delayed, IIRC.

4 minutes ago, dakotaS said:

What time tomorrow? 

On 3/24/2020 at 12:29 PM, jasbee said:

Alright I'm running my scripts again that take forever, so I decided to finish fleshing out the chart I made earlier since people seemed to appreciate it. Going back more years didn't really add much more info - it just shows the release pattern has been really consistent for the past decade (but with the current pandemic, pretty much all normal routine is out the window so I wouldn't be surprised if things were different this year). 

GRFPTable.thumb.jpg.093ca571c3c5b4160689038e79c87b88.jpg

Sometime during or after the maintenance period, according to this chart.

Huh.. so our maintenance time frame almost matches the maintenance time frame 2015. Which the average released time almost matches the release time from 2015 (2:40 am). 

I looked at the difference between the start of the maintenance time and the actual release of results- it looks like the minimum is ~1 hour, and the maximum is almost 7 hours, and it averages about 3 hours and 45 minutes (so about 2:45 EST). Here's hoping it's sooner so I'm not lying awake stressed all night... 

Edited by Vaudevillain

When they say "released" do they mean they'll email us? How will they notify us? Just wondering bc this is my first time applying (senior undergrad) and I'm also on West Coast time and am a pretty hardcore night owl.